PDA

View Full Version : Whos getting GRAW?

J3bus WTF
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
So, ghost recon is coming out tomorrow, just wondering whos all gonna get it? Im probably going to grab a copy so if you want to play some online send my a FR.

Cant wait:cheers:

Hmm, I just noticed mattgame is playin it right now, did it get released early or what?

yall
03-08-2006, 04:37 PM
So, ghost recon is coming out tomorrow, just wondering whos all gonna get it? Im probably going to grab a copy so if you want to play some online send my a FR.

Cant wait:cheers:

Hmm, I just noticed mattgame is playin it right now, did it get released early or what?

I have it too. It didn't get released early, it's just that the 7th and not the 9th was the real date.

CarGuy
03-08-2006, 07:31 PM
have it. love it.

J3bus WTF
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Damn lol, I gues I gotta wait until tomorrow. Why did it get released earlier?

CoLoXBoXFReaK
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I got ghost recon this morning from ebgames. I havent had a chance to play it because of my work schedule. From what I have heard this is a killer app in every sense.

TheCovenant
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
graphics are surreal, but more importantly, its fun as hell.

l Maximus l
03-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Got it today! It was sold out everywhere that was remotely close...I called about the 10th place and they had one copy...I asked them to hold it since I would be showing up within 20 minutes or so. Terrible traffic, too...

But, it was worth it! Does this game seriously own or what? This is definately a killer 360 app, there's no question...

But, I must say this, get your friend's list together because GRAW will be 10 times more fun when you know the people you are playing with. I tried playing with a bunch of people I didn't know and it wasn't too fun only because no one knew how to communicate. So, get your buddies together and strategize...this game freakin' ownz!

The Campaign is kick ass so far...and I'm finally getting very used to the control set-up. The only thing at this point that I'm not 100% clear about is how to control vehicles eventhough I read it in the tips section. But, I'll figure it out...it can't be too difficult.

Just get this damn game, bretheren......

yall
03-09-2006, 08:48 AM
But, it was worth it! Does this game seriously own or what? This is definately a killer 360 app, there's no question...

Agreed.

Send me a friend invite Max. 'Yall'

CENCEE
03-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Agreed.

Send me a friend invite Max. 'Yall'

me too

GT: CENCEE

Go420Dawgs
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Yah it took me a lil bit to learn how to do the vehicle control but once you get it its pretty easy. I was blowing mad stuff up with the black hawk last night. I've got like 5 achievements so far in the game i think. Multiplayer is KICK ASS. Now all i need is oblivion and i dont think I will ever leave my tv.:cool:

SinisterDonkey
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
I usually never care about the makers, but when i see a Tom Clancy game i just ignore it.

ll Mista GT ll
03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Your sig is too big.

I hope I get this game on the weekend :)

Double_Diablo
03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Got it yesterday. It's my favourite Xbox 360 game so far.

l Maximus l
03-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Yah it took me a lil bit to learn how to do the vehicle control but once you get it its pretty easy. I was blowing mad stuff up with the black hawk last night. I've got like 5 achievements so far in the game i think. Multiplayer is KICK ASS. Now all i need is oblivion and i dont think I will ever leave my tv.:cool:

Dude! How do you control the vehicles?! lol

There was this tank I was trying to destroy with the helicopter, but, I couldn't figure out how to do it...so, I just unloaded on it with grenades...which didn't finish it off; however, I made a wall of smoke with my smoke grenades to get past him...the Black Hawk was just chillin' there, too with it's huge ass missles...:D

It would have been nice!

yall
03-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Dude! How do you control the vehicles?! lol

There was this tank I was trying to destroy with the helicopter, but, I couldn't figure out how to do it...so, I just unloaded on it with grenades...which didn't finish it off; however, I made a wall of smoke with my smoke grenades to get past him...the Black Hawk was just chillin' there, too with it's huge ass missles...:D

It would have been nice!

Get the Apache to pop up in your window (press right on d pad). Aim at the tank (or any enemy target) like you would if you were going to shoot it. Then press up on the d pad. Apache should take out the tank. Or a truck. Or a group of infantry...:p

thatdude222
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
is it really that good? i got 60 bucks i think im gonna hold out for oblivion

Jackyboy
03-09-2006, 05:42 PM
ive never really been a fan of t.c. games or ghost recon, is this one different?

Go420Dawgs
03-09-2006, 05:58 PM
yah max when you gain control of the helicopter press right on the d-pad until you have selcted the helicopter then look at the tank and press up on it to give him the command to blow it up. It took me forever to figure it out.

Same thing when your controlling your fellow ghost. If a vehicle or what not comes into view you can order your ghost to blow it up the same way or make them attack enemies by doing the same thing. Man that helicopter comes in handy during this one mission when your going around blowing up all these tanks and armored vehicles in the pitch black of night. Im stuck on the board after that one ATM though. But man Im hooked on this game.:cool:

Go420Dawgs
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM

Why not get both? :confused: :p

l Maximus l
03-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Get the Apache to pop up in your window (press right on d pad). Aim at the tank (or any enemy target) like you would if you were going to shoot it. Then press up on the d pad. Apache should take out the tank. Or a truck. Or a group of infantry...:p

Thanks, bro...I actually spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure it out and I did...but, I could have figured it out faster if I just read this post :D Thanks!

Anyway, I added you to my friend's list...you'll see it on your side :)

l Maximus l
03-10-2006, 12:48 AM

Well, here's the way to look at it. If you remotely like the first and second Ghost Recon on the Original XBox, then, you'll freakin' love this game! If you were extremely disappointed with Perfect Dark but kinda liked the sniping aspects of the game, then, you'll love the multi-player aspect of GRAW.

Also, if you enjoy playing on XBox Live and you like shooters, then, IMO, this game is a must have. Also, the Campaign is pretty damn infecteous, too (in a good way!) :) Keep in mind that this is the first game that you can do 16 player Co-Op for doing the missions (kick ass!), and there is other classic multi-player modes up to 16 players like Team Elimination (1 life, no respawns), Team Sharpshooter (go to 50 kills with infinite respawns), CTF, etc etc etc. Apparently, there are over 1000 configurations for this game's multi-player.

Also, if you're sort of a graphics whore, then, you'll also be happy with this game...

I'm also not the best person to ask, admittingly, because I'm not into RPGs and haven't even dreamed of buying Oblivion, though, I strongly respect the RPG category for fans of the genre.

gensundeit
03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
ill read sum reviews on it and then decide whether or not ill get it. already played the first 3 levels and didnt like it. of course what i played was a beta version so maybe they touched it up a bit? :confused:

Anyway Ill prbably get it in July or sumthing like that. Want to first expierance Alan Wake on my PC b4 GRAW.

mrmp3
03-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't have it yet. But I just got a few questions.

1) Is there a lobby, party system (ala Halo 2), or is like CoD2 where u just thrown into the game?

2) Clan Support?

3) Obviously it's noticeable the graphical difference between single-player and multiplayer, but is it bad or does the game still look sweet?

4) How's the lag? Is the sole factor connection or does the games netcode play a factor?

5) I'm pretty sure I read the reviews right, you can bring 4 people on one console online. How does it work? (i.e. are you forced to play in first person mode with reticule or can you still play in third with 2, 3, or 4 players?)

MatrixMaul
03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
played it at theCov's house.......loved it. Buying my 360 within the next 8 days and picking up GRAW, and maybe another game.

l Maximus l
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't have it yet. But I just got a few questions.

1) Is there a lobby, party system (ala Halo 2), or is like CoD2 where u just thrown into the game?

There is a pre-game lobby; however, there is no party system where you can move the entire party to another server.

2) Clan Support?

Not that I am aware of.

3) Obviously it's noticeable the graphical difference between single-player and multiplayer, but is it bad or does the game still look sweet?

Honestly, I strongly prefer the graphics in multi-player. The only thing that is different is when you zoom in, the focus appears differently (a little more detailed in the Campaign). Peeking around corners and standing up to a wall seems much easier to do in the Campaign, though, it seems that I have done it a few times in multi-player. Admittingly, I'm still getting used to everything.

4) How's the lag? Is the sole factor connection or does the games netcode play a factor?

I'm not sure about this, but, it seems to me that the person who creates the game is the host by default. I would like to say this, though, I've played on many different servers and in every single situation, there was absolutely no noticeable lag...in fact, it was like playing on a LAN, not kidding. Very smooth.

5) I'm pretty sure I read the reviews right, you can bring 4 people on one console online. How does it work? (i.e. are you forced to play in first person mode with reticule or can you still play in third with 2, 3, or 4 players?)

I haven't played with more than one person on my XBox yet. But, I do know that you can play in either 1st or "Over the shoulder" view (it's technically not quite 3rd person, but, I know that is what you meant). I've seen guests join and they share the same name as the person that has the XBL account.

mrmp3
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks Maximus. It's good they have a lobby though. I was just concerned if I'd be able to invite people and play with'em.

I have no idea what's going on, but I went to pick it up today, and noone has it up here. I'm tempted to buy it online, but I'd be kicking myself in the butt if I paid extra for shipping and someone got it in their store before I received mine (not to mention noone ships on weekends).

I just got on vacation too dunno what'll do to occupy myself the whole time.

Just so I'm clear, there is an option to play with over-the-shoulder camera with more than 1 person on the system or is that only an option with one person on the system?

Also, I didn't like GR1, but GR2 looked intriguing to me but I never played it, so is there anyone who either A) never played a GR game before or B) didn't like the 1st one and/or the 2nd one and what their opinion is on this. I think I've seen only one member say they didn't like it but he "played the beta". Oh I loved RS3 and RSBA. If it's not similar, it's cool, but the game looks awesome I'm just not sure what to expect really so I'm a lil hesitant on this purchase. If the damage system is as f*d as Lockdown, I'm out. But if a headshot is a instant kill, count me in.

m4oH
03-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Aight. I love Clancy games and what not. I don't have a 360 and don't plan on getting one soon. Has anyone heard anything about the one on the original xbox? I really want to go get it today but I'm not sure if the graphics and gameplay are good. Has anyone played this game on the Xbox?

studepaber
03-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Peeking around corners and standing up to a wall seems much easier to do in the Campaign, though, it seems that I have done it a few times in multi-player. Admittingly, I'm still getting used to everything.

I haven't played with more than one person on my XBox yet. But, I do know that you can play in either 1st or "Over the shoulder" view (it's technically not quite 3rd person, but, I know that is what you meant). I've seen guests join and they share the same name as the person that has the XBL account.

First if anyone wants to play my Gamertag is mrpoopypants007....this game is a blast, soooo much variety although I mainly play solo elimination, team elimination, co-op elimination and co-op campaign online. Very little lag and multiplayer is different than single in many ways, but that's not a bad thing (except you can't stand up to a wall and peek around corners) Some buddies are coming today to play splitscreen co-op, but I'm pretty sure there is no 3rd person view in splitscreen (sucks but it would take up too much of the screen). This game makes me completely forget about COD2's online (although I love that too) and will be in my 360 for awhile (at least until Oblivion comes out)

Crazy Joe
03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
what the hell man, everyone is saying this game is soooo awesome.. I cannot buy anymore 360 games!! it's retarded, i already have 9 of them, 10 when Oblivion arrives, I cannot justify buying all these games that i barely have time to play... DAMN YOU GUYS!! why cant someone say this games sucks so I wont have this great urge to go buy it.

l Maximus l
03-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks Maximus. It's good they have a lobby though. I was just concerned if I'd be able to invite people and play with'em.

I hear ya...yes, there is definately a lobby and you can easily invite them before the game starts, etc...

I have no idea what's going on, but I went to pick it up today, and noone has it up here. I'm tempted to buy it online, but I'd be kicking myself in the butt if I paid extra for shipping and someone got it in their store before I received mine (not to mention noone ships on weekends).

I hear ya there, too, but, I said this earlier on, but, I called about 10 places on the launch day and the last place had 1 copy left....and I asked them to hold it and said I would be down there within 20 minutes. I had to sit in some major traffic (that's the Seattle area for ya) and it ended up being about 35 minutes...and well worth the struggle! This game ownz...I just played for about 3 hours and I wish I could play more...the game ownz...best shooter on the 360, IMO!

I just got on vacation too dunno what'll do to occupy myself the whole time.

Get this game...I wouldn't lead you in the wrong direction!

Just so I'm clear, there is an option to play with over-the-shoulder camera with more than 1 person on the system or is that only an option with one person on the system?

This I'm not sure about since I've only played with one person (by myself) on-line so far. Either way, the "Over the shoulder) view is simply a first person view; however, the only difference is that you can see yourself running around. The right bumper button (above the right trigger) switches your position from left to right, mainly to position your body. Seriously, there is hardly any difference being in first person or in the "Over the shoulder" view because it acts the exact same. This is one thing I really enjoy about the game. There's no advantage or disadvantage by using either position. It's not like a racing game where you can sit in the driver's seat and receive that view or have a 3rd person view (Where you can see the car you're driving from the back view) and the game responds differently. With G.R.A.W. it responds exactly the same if you're in the first person view or "over the shoulder" view.

Also, I didn't like GR1, but GR2 looked intriguing to me but I never played it, so is there anyone who either A) never played a GR game before or B) didn't like the 1st one and/or the 2nd one and what their opinion is on this. I think I've seen only one member say they didn't like it but he "played the beta". Oh I loved RS3 and RSBA. If it's not similar, it's cool, but the game looks awesome I'm just not sure what to expect really so I'm a lil hesitant on this purchase. If the damage system is as f*d as Lockdown, I'm out. But if a headshot is a instant kill, count me in.

Well, first of all, I didn't mind the first Ghost Recon except that the Campain wasn't as much fun compared to playing on XBox Live. XBox Live was fun because I knew everyone I played with and it was fun to team up and kill eachother :D Comparing the first Ghost Recon with G.R.A.W. is like comparing a Ford Pinto with a Ferrari Testarosa...huge improvement! I would argueably say that G.R.A.W. is similar to RS3 but much better, IMO. The maps are bigger, one shot doesn't always kill the the enemy, perhaps 2 or 3 (unless it's a headshot), and it's a little faster paced compared to the first Ghost Recon. Seriously, brother, get this game and make sure to add me to your XBL friend's list: l Maximus l (the "l" is a lowercase "L" and there is a space between that and my name "Maximus" - same with the "l" following my name).

l Maximus l
03-13-2006, 12:51 AM
First if anyone wants to play my Gamertag is mrpoopypants007....this game is a blast, soooo much variety although I mainly play solo elimination, team elimination, co-op elimination and co-op campaign online. Very little lag and multiplayer is different than single in many ways, but that's not a bad thing (except you can't stand up to a wall and peek around corners) Some buddies are coming today to play splitscreen co-op, but I'm pretty sure there is no 3rd person view in splitscreen (sucks but it would take up too much of the screen). This game makes me completely forget about COD2's online (although I love that too) and will be in my 360 for awhile (at least until Oblivion comes out)

I year ya...Co-op is another mode that kicks so much ass...especially since it supports up to 16 players!

For those who don't have the game, though: playing Co-Op on-line or in System Link is not the same as playing the Campaign. When playing Co-Op, you enter a "Missions" mode that has all of the multi-player maps, which are mostly huge, and you all play together battling against a plethora of enemies and enemy vehicles. The best part about it is that it's not that easy to beat, though, it's obviously doable. You only get one life and if you die while playing and one of your buddies still completes the mission, it unlocks that mission for you and you can now play that mission any time you want. It's a lot of fun...I played with a grip of people from XBA or XO and had a blast!

Also, Studepaber, I think you're right...you can't stand up on walls, peek around corners and stuff while playing multi-player (whether local, XBL, or System Link). Also, the gameplay is slightly different when playing on-line versus the Campaign as I'm sure you agree. I almost prefer the multi-player gameplay over the Campaign, though, I love each mode pretty equally.

From what I hear about COD2's XBL multi-player, it can get pretty laggy. I have yet to experience any lag whatsoever with G.R.A.W. Even reviews about G.R.A.W. were saying how abnormally smooth it was while being played on-line, which is kick ass!

l Maximus l
03-13-2006, 12:53 AM
what the hell man, everyone is saying this game is soooo awesome.. I cannot buy anymore 360 games!! it's retarded, i already have 9 of them, 10 when Oblivion arrives, I cannot justify buying all these games that i barely have time to play... DAMN YOU GUYS!! why cant someone say this games sucks so I wont have this great urge to go buy it.

lol, dude...Man, I almost hate to say this only because of your situation, but, I'd trade in a couple of your X360 games that you don't play much anymore and get this game...it's definately one of the top 2 games for the system, IMO, and it's the best shooter, I think. Even better than COD2, which I also really enjoy...

Kyle Static
03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
just to quickly say inbetween playing it

THIS GAME ROCKS MY SOCKS.....more later.

studepaber
03-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Also, Studepaber, I think you're right...you can't stand up on walls, peek around corners and stuff while playing multi-player (whether local, XBL, or System Link).

Hey I just found out you can lean in multiplayer if you hold in the left bumper button and move the L-stick left or right. I know this isn't peeking but it will keep your body mainly hidden (unless of course someone walks up behind you and shoots your back :mad: ) Funny story, I was playing the Wharf campaign yesterday with 10 people and we were all kickin arse and went to the landing area on the beach after killing everyone to get picked up by the helicopter. A couple of us got a crazy idea of trying to shoot the helicopter down (while the rest of the team was still running to get to the LZ), well it then blew up and the mission failed and everyone was yelling at us (while I was laughin my arse off)....good times....

l Maximus l
03-13-2006, 06:14 PM
hehe...good stuff! Also, thanks for letting me know about the leaning function...I'm going to try as soon as possible! That can come in seriously handy and it's great having it as an option...thanks, bro! :cheers:

This game so ownz....

Slam Dunker
03-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Renting it first. From what you guys have said it's an awesome game so i'll probably pick up a copy some time soon :cool:

That 16 player co-op sounds mad!