PDA

View Full Version : What about Lord of the Rings?

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 10:19 PM
Well, we've all seen this game in the FEBRUARY edition of OXM, but nobody has said anything about it. So i wanted to know what you guys though of it. Personally i think this will be a great game, only capable on a console through the awsome graphical power of the BLACK & GREEN!! So far the game looks great.

What about you guys, What do you think of "LORD OF THE RINGS"

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

StudioAlex
02-25-2002, 01:13 PM
I want it to be good but the fact of the matter is the 99.9 % of licensed games are crap-tacular...

GRAVEDIGGER
02-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Yea i see where you're coming from with this man, right now we are in a slight slump, but that will all change come March!

monkeyman
02-27-2002, 05:25 PM
i think it will be a good game i know im deffinently gonna buy it

god i suck at spelling

Mitzi
03-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Okay, a game, a movie, stuff at Toys r Us. - I think a package with the DVD movie in the game DVD would be neat.

Our xboxs can play them both.

Will this be the future of future games and movies?

Will Microsoft try something like this in the future.

I think it is a way of bringing gaming into our living rooms even more. What a wonderful selling feature.

If you do this, please remember who gave you the idea.....
me. :)

Wraethu
03-11-2002, 12:04 PM
I really have to try and clear something up. I keep seeing on the excite meter posts and even here in this forum that people mention the movie and our game in the same breath. Please, take it from me as some one who is working on the game. Our game, the one being developed by WXP, has NOTHING to do with the movie. Never has and never will. It will not come packaged with the movie DVD because we don't have access to those rights. That's another company. Universal and WXP are making a game based ONLY on Tolkien books. Books yes. Movie no.

Please dear god above let some one read this post and pass on the word...

Mike "Wraethu" McMillen

Mitzi
03-11-2002, 06:42 PM
How about putting the books in with the game??
Only kidding.
I am looking foward to see the game. I think you have a wonderful and exciting job. As a person who does not know very much about the industy, I apolgize for my previous comments. I can understand your frustrations.
Take care, Mitzi.

Wraethu
03-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Really, the only reason I say anything at all is because I see it so much. I understand why people are confused however. 2 products of the same story, from 2 different companies....3 if you count the Hobbit that's being developed by even a 3rd party.... It's nuts. What I really wish is that some of the web sites would be more clear about it. Yes, they mention the names of who is doing what product, but not what each product is based on. So you will naturally end up with (lets just say for example) 3 different threads about 3 different products, at the least, with crossover conversation in each. It's no wonder people are mixed up.
Oh, and as for my job being exciting.....yes, well it is at times... but we get to deal with a wonderful amount of stress come the last months of a project.....I started this industry with dark hair....now it's turning white. >gaaaak< =P

;)

Mike

Mitzi
03-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Thank you Mike for your thoughtful and kind reply. You have opened my eyes to the larger picture. So I hope that helps a bit :) Take care and best wishes with your project. Mitzi.

Plewis
03-11-2002, 09:27 PM
i have a couple questions for ya mike...
1) this game doesn't look too great to me (no offense), I havent really looked at it that much because I just figured it to be a good movie/book knock off. So what makes it a great game? and does it just go to the end of the 1st movie, or go for the trilogy(although the book is not a trilogy as it clearly states in the preface);)
2 (or 3) so what's the difference inbetween when you finish the game, and when it is released?

If you could hook me up with a game tester job that would be ok wit me:D

Tulk'n
03-12-2002, 02:20 AM
guess what Wraethu, i knew you were seperate, and i have been passing the word around my posie
I think ultimately when people refer to the greatness of the film they are really talking about the story which made the film is based on, the same story your game is based on.
if done well, it can be as, or even more, great
but if tolkien fans are offended by it then it will never go anywhere, jackson understood this all too well and made it the film the fans wanted
thats my $0.02 for hte day

thunderkiss2k1
03-12-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Wraethu
Really, the only reason I say anything at all is because I see it so much. I understand why people are confused however. 2 products of the same story, from 2 different companies....3 if you count the Hobbit that's being developed by even a 3rd party.... It's nuts. What I really wish is that some of the web sites would be more clear about it. Yes, they mention the names of who is doing what product, but not what each product is based on. So you will naturally end up with (lets just say for example) 3 different threads about 3 different products, at the least, with crossover conversation in each. It's no wonder people are mixed up.
Oh, and as for my job being exciting.....yes, well it is at times... but we get to deal with a wonderful amount of stress come the last months of a project.....I started this industry with dark hair....now it's turning white. >gaaaak< =P

;)

Mike

Now , this really has nothing to do with the game. Well, maybe it does. Could you guys achieve the same graphic detail on any other system without sacrificing other aspects of the game?

Wraethu
03-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Mitzi. You welcome. Always nice to talk with cool people.

Plewis, you asked...
"So what makes it a great game? and does it just go to the end of the 1st movie, or go for the trilogy"

Unfortunately I can't really comment on "What makes it a great game." That's all hush hush and we (The developers) have been told that we are not allowed to comment on ANY game issues other then what has been released to the press already. Personally I think our environment artists have done a phenomenal (Down right amazing) job of bringing Middle Earth to the Xbox, but that's me, and I realize it's hard to take someone's word for it when they are helping to make the game. As for how far the game goes. We are covering the "first book" Fellowship of the ring, with this game.

Tulkin. Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. ;)

Thunderkiss2k1.
"Could you guys achieve the same graphic detail on any other system without sacrificing other aspects of the game?
"
Well of course we could. We are gods. KIDDING!!!! I think the Xbox affords of a lot of power and elbow room that we might not get on other platforms. So what I guess I am saying is that I am VERY glad we are making this game on the Xbox and not for another platform.... but this is MY opinion and doesn't reflect the opinions of WXP or Universal. Like that? Gota cover my butt... LOL.

There are some more screenshots at

http://boards.gamers.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=experience&id=zzyjj