PDA

View Full Version : Yea...just saw Hard Boiled, if Stranglehold is anything like that movie, count me out

mrmp3
03-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Now i've seen a decent share of dubbed films, and do appreciate some, but I'm sorry, for a movie made in 92', this movie is terrible. This is the movie that made John Woo a great director right? Worthless action scenes, pointless killing of innocent people (and trust me I mean as pointless as you can imagine), and the script is just so piss poor. I mean there were a lot of jokes written in and I got a chuckle out of a couple, but not at any point did I go "THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT GAME!" But who knows, maybe the game will be amazing. I mean Bruce Lee is the greatest ever, and his game sucked on Xbox, so maybe since the move sucks the game will be the greatest....

...but if you see the movie you'll realize how slim those chances are.

Whisper
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
what a great forum to put this thread in

mrmp3
03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
what a great forum to put this thread in

Considering Stranglehold is a game coming out on X360, yea, this is a good forum to post it on.

StudioAlex
03-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Apparently you have no taste for great action epics. I think I did a count one time and the two main characters kill 87 bad guys in the third act alone. That movie rocks. But I'm sure the game will blow.

Kyle Static
03-18-2006, 04:49 PM
First of all.....STFU N00b :D.....secondly, never watch a dubbed movie. If you're ever going to watch a foreign movie put in some effort and actually read the subtitles. They're far more accurate than some bad voice actor spouting poorly translated lines. If you don't get what I mean, put the subtitles on, and leave the dubbing on as well.....they're almost always very different, the subtitles being more accurate and true to the film.

Hard Boiled is a classic action flick...it's supposed to be filled with random pointless killings. John Woo is king of crazy shootouts and epic action sequences...as well as his excellent use of slow motion.