PDA

View Full Version : GRAW or CoD2

PSYCH0 GUY
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey guys..just got a 360...trying to decide between these 2 games...lemme know which you like better and why

ll Mista GT ll
03-17-2006, 07:31 PM
They are two different games though. Personally, I like GRAW better because the who "advanced" theme it has. COD2 is amazing too, but maybe a little bit too old for me. (The weapons)

Ninjermy
03-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Graw.

greenpyro
03-17-2006, 09:54 PM
now, i personally love nboth graw and cod2... but i gotta say that graw is better. i own both and there both really fun. but graw's my personal favorite. then again if you don't havew live and your ust looking for a little offline fun with friends, than go with cod2, cause graw's (in my opinion) no fun split screen.

l Maximus l
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Admittingly, I don't own CoD2; however, I've played a lot of it...it's a great game and a lot of fun; however, I do own GRAW and it is EASILY the best damn 360 game on the system...and is arguably the best strategy shooter ever created...and is easily the best damn Tom Clancy game to date...by a landslide.

GRAW gets me all warm and fuzzy in all my pink spots :yikes:

TheCovenant
03-18-2006, 01:55 AM
tough call, but ultimatly i'd say Graw, although COD 2 should NOT be overlooked. just because you buy graw doesnt mean you should ignore COD2, because its still amazing.

Both are frustrating, ill tell you that much right now though.

SinisterDonkey
03-18-2006, 04:38 AM
I would never buy a Tom Clancy game, COD2 for me.

Tony_Macaroni
03-18-2006, 12:15 PM
care to elaberate?

ll Mista GT ll
03-18-2006, 12:24 PM

Why not? :huh:

CrazyCougar
03-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Hands down, GRAW is so much more bang for your buck (No pun intended). COD2 was a great game, and enjoyable, but GRAW is amazing! The graphics, gameplay, online components. All top notch.

Not buying this game deprives yourself of quite a gem, if not the best shooter ever.

greenpyro
03-18-2006, 01:31 PM

that's because you smell

mrmp3
03-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Rented GRAW two days ago, already traded in CoD2. Gotta go with GRAW. The single player in COD2 is very fun, but the multiplayer being only 8 players and the lag issues makes GRAW a no brainer. Yea you can't do the "over the shoulder" view in split-screen multiplayer and normally that bothers me, but GRAW is just so intense (plus you can bring your friends online with you) and the game just looks and handles so great you'll get the most longevity out of GRAW (though COD2 is still fun, you'll get bored with it probably around a month or so).

killerscott
03-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Hate to just say the same thing everyone else is saying, but GRAW. I have both. COD2 was great. Now it looks much less realistic compared to GRAW. Like comparing CG to Live motion. And not just the graphics, the gameplay too is much more realistic. I've yet to play the online in GRAW cuz I've got to beat the main game first but It's worth it with just that.

Whisper
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Go with Graw because Tom Clancy has never let me down... and once you're done COD2's single player.. the game is rather pointless.

ll Mista GT ll
03-19-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm getting G.R.A.W today! :)

killerscott
03-19-2006, 06:44 PM

Nice choice I say

Shawn-XBA
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I think both are very good games, but I like GR:AW a little more

BuLLsEyEWTF
03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Good choice :) add me on xbl

ShadedNine
03-19-2006, 08:11 PM
They're quite different games. I find COD2 plays more like a movie, immersing you in the chaos of war. Play it too long though, and the carefully scripted events and spawns start to feel hollow. The multiplayer also suffers, failing to deliver the same kind of experience as the single player, leaving it a mediocre WWII shooter in that respect.

GRAW, though I've barely played it, puts a little more emphasis on remaining open-ended. This means you can take the levels at a slower and less chaotic pace, bringing in the element of strategy in exchange for the chaos and adrenaline of COD2.

Both are worth at least a play through, but as far as owning goes, I think GRAW stands up to deliver a little more in the long run. COD2 makes a great rental.

l Maximus l
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice choice I say

I agree...

I just beat GRAW's Campaign today and I know for a fact that I would play it over and over again...the game simply ownz...

ll Mista GT ll
03-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Nice choice I say

Why thank you :) I agree. (This game is teh sexci) :cheers: :hardcore:

PSYCH0 GUY
03-20-2006, 12:14 PM
thanks guys...seems GRAW is the way to go...took me forever to find a 360 so i might as well see what it can do...alrready got fight night and it's just wicked.....

G15
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
i am personaly into modern day war games such as bf2, which i play on pc, i got COD2 played multiplayer for about 3minutes and 26 seconds and ejected it and played PGR 3, which i love,

and no i didnt time how long i played cod2 for. lol

Slam Dunker
03-28-2006, 02:47 AM
I gotta say COD2, had my first EVER online experience with this just today and it kicked ass! I walked away feeling so good i could almost cry. I also have to say that as a newbie to XBL the people on COD2 were awesome, only thing i regret is not getting a headset :confused:

I say go with COD2 as it is an awesome game, BUT i haven't played GRAW so i cant really compare :p