PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz Wheel

Whisper
03-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I just shelled out retail price for it. Big purchase, might not like it.. but never owned one of these before, and both racing games ive rented have been hella fun.. so why not..

ll Mista GT ll
03-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Linky Linky?

killerscott
03-18-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=260&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Accessories it looks pretty sweet... To bad I don't like racing games.

Whisper
03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
it is ****ing difficult... the car responds differently to the degree of steering you use.. on a controller the car was much more responsive and you could stick turns, here im bouncing off walls like crazy

im also not using the pedals, im using a / x on the wheel to gas and break... the pedals are so ****ing close together, and they slide along hardwood floors

ll Mista GT ll
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Man Whisper, you must have BIG feet :p

I really love steering wheels. I guess its because i've never relly had the chance to drive in real life.

How much was it? Where did you get it?

Whisper
03-18-2006, 04:25 PM
74.99 (more than games) at EBgames

trust me, the pedals aren't good at all... i don't play games with my knees together.. now I have the wheel infront, and the pedals on the floor to the right.. and i just use the one foot for both gas and break

****ty thing: can't make the shift stick shifter in need for speed most wanted without changing other buttons I don't want changed (nitrus, speedbreak)

killerscott
03-19-2006, 02:16 AM
74.99 (more than games) at EBgames

trust me, the pedals aren't good at all... i don't play games with my knees together.. now I have the wheel infront, and the pedals on the floor to the right.. and i just use the one foot for both gas and break

****ty thing: can't make the shift stick shifter in need for speed most wanted without changing other buttons I don't want changed (nitrus, speedbreak)

You are supposed to use only your right foot while driving a car.

Whisper
03-19-2006, 10:35 AM
actually you're suppoused to use both feet, when i went for tests they *****ed at all little things like that

Codefox
03-19-2006, 11:31 AM
actually you're suppoused to use both feet, when i went for tests they *****ed at all little things like that

Uh...no

ll Mista GT ll
03-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, it's 1 foot, the right one....

You gots teached wrong! :D

pjh13
03-19-2006, 12:58 PM
you use two feet if there is a clutch and that is the only reason that your left foot is needed. The only people i have ever meet that drive an automatic using both feet are girls who think you have two pedels and two feet so it all makes sense

Whisper
03-19-2006, 01:08 PM
they *****ed at me for using my right foot on the brake.. saying i wouldnt get to it in time if i had to make a sudden stop

but it doesnt matter, i drive with 1 hand and 1 foot just fine..

my dad drives with his knees sometimes lol

ll Mista GT ll
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Whisper, you need to come to Ajax and teech me your mad skills.

pjh13
03-19-2006, 01:42 PM
they *****ed at me for using my right foot on the brake.. saying i wouldnt get to it in time if i had to make a sudden stop

but it doesnt matter, i drive with 1 hand and 1 foot just fine..

my dad drives with his knees sometimes lol

driving with a knee can be very helpful when trying to finish getting ready for school while on your way to school

ShadedNine
03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I had a wheel like that for my Xbox, used it once or twice then gave up. I love the idea, but it really doesn't deliver the realistic driving experience I had been hoping for. Instead it felt vastly oversensitive (which it has to be, since they can't turn around multiple times), and reaching the buttons for handbrake, etc felt very clumsy. The pedals, as whisper pointed out, are pretty much useless.