PDA

View Full Version : I just beat G.R.A.W.

l Maximus l
03-19-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but, I just beat the Campaign. I would have beat it earlier; however, I really don't get to play on the 360 as much as I would like...mainly on the weekends and an occasional evening.

But, anyway! This is easily the best time I have had playing a Campaign since Halo 1. G.R.A.W. makes me completely forget about my Halo obsession. Admittingly, the Campaign took me less than 10 hours to beat; however, it had to be one of the best 10 hours I have had in a long time. My second favorite 360 game is Need For Speed: Most Wanted, but, a distant second because G.R.A.W. simply ownz.

In my opinion, G.R.A.W. is the best Tom Clancy game by a landslide. Graphically, the game is beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. My only peeve with the game is the sound during the Campaign when you're receiving a video message or communication because it's almost difficult to hear exactly what they are saying sometimes. It's such a minor shortcoming, though.

Now it's all about XBL and playing through the mission mode. Everything about multi-player kicks so much ass except I'm not a huge fan of CTF, in my opinion.

Anyway, if you don't own G.R.A.W., get it...best damn game on the 360, I think. I'm addicted!

Soundscape
03-20-2006, 12:49 AM
please share your thoughts on how the game plays online, max. we seem to have similar tastes when it comes to shooters.
...or i guess i could just rent it and see for myself...i have a 3 month gold xbl card around here somewhere.

l Maximus l
03-20-2006, 01:09 AM
please share your thoughts on how the game plays online, max. we seem to have similar tastes when it comes to shooters.
...or i guess i could just rent it and see for myself...i have a 3 month gold xbl card around here somewhere.

No problem. I have played over a dozen different times on XBL and not a single time did I notice any lag. In fact, it felt like LAN. The most people that I have played with was 12 and again, no lag whatsoever. It's actually very impressive.

The multi-player aspect of the game differs slightly from the gameplay in the Campaign. For instance, in multi-player, you cannot lean up against walls and peak around the corner, your HUD is different when zooming in with your weapons (in the Campaign, it's more detailed; however, the only area that is visible is a circle, not the entire screen like it is in multi-player - I prefer the multi-player HUD). Also, in the Campaign, the left trigger is for holding your breath so you can get a more accurate shot whereas the multi-player zooms in without any bobble of your weapon...again, multi-player's gameplay is nice not having it.

I also prefer the over the shoulder view because it still plays exactly like a FPS; however, you can see where your character is as opposed to where a barrier is, for example.

The overall feeling of the game, IMO, feels like a half-way point between an action based shooter (like Halo) and a strategy based shooter (like the original Ghost Recon)...but, I would say that it leans a little more in the direction of the original Ghost Recon in that there's a little more care that you want to make when running around.

My only peeve with the game is that the hand grenades have to be selected as a primary weapon instead of simply pulling the left trigger. You can quickly select it with the B button and then hit B again to switch back to your primary weapon. Grenades are thrown and have a strength meter by holding down the right trigger...the longer you hold it down, the higher the meter will go and, of course, the grenade will go further. It's actually pretty well done eventhough I prefer more of an arch based throw, but, again, grenades are not a huge weapon to use all of the time. Typically you're in a descent coverage area when you want to throw a grenade.

Honestly, Soundscape, buy this game...you'll quickly forget about how terrible Halo 2 is because you won't care about it anymore. This is what happened to me, anyway. It's nice to be excited about a game again...especially to this level. Get it and let's play...don't worry, we won't talk politics or religion :D

yall
03-20-2006, 04:07 AM
G.R.A.W. makes me completely forget about my Halo obsession.

I've been trying to convince my buddies that they need to pick up GRAW, but they insist on playing almost nothing but Halo 2.

:bang:

Shawn-XBA
03-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Congrats on beating it, I hope to beat it soon

y2kash_14
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
I was hoping the A.I. of your squad was a bit better...

They seem to never want to hold their position when there are enemies around.

TheCovenant
03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I was hoping the A.I. of your squad was a bit better...

They seem to never want to hold their position when there are enemies around.

i had the opposite effect. My teamates would never come out of cover, amd i ended up doing all the work.

I beat the games 'bout a week ago, and i agree with max. Damn good single player campaign. Now im all about oblivion though, till gears of war comes out.

killerscott
03-25-2006, 08:28 PM
i had the opposite effect. My teamates would never come out of cover, amd i ended up doing all the work.

I beat the games 'bout a week ago, and i agree with max. Damn good single player campaign. Now im all about oblivion though, till gears of war comes out.

agreed. Oblivion. The shame is I havnt finished GRAW yet and I don't know if I can go back to it right now. sad.