PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion: Got the Call This Morning.....

studepaber
03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
To pick up ES4: Oblivion at 1pm at my EB Games. Can't wait to play it after work!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

greg756
03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
they said maybe at 3, as long as its today...i need a rgp fix

Goku_69
03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
i can't wait to go pick up mine!!!!

greg756
03-20-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah we seriously need a rpg for this thing..im kinda gettin tired of shooting people and the game has soo much to do...awesome

Rhiannon
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
pshh my Gamestop won't be recieving thiers untill this evening...dammit. That means I won't get my copy until later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jags
03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Im Poor
Im Poooooooooooooor
I Spent My Money On Booze With My Friends Arghhhhhhhh

Crazy Joe
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
just picked mine up, delve into it in a few hours.

Soundscape
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
i've read that there are some frame rate issues at times, though nothing major...unless you're on a horse.

another thing i've read is that it's ver yeasy to get arrested...and that gaurds seem to just come out of nowhere at times..

* i just watched some video of two guys battling it out..and they must have struck each other about 30 times with their weapons and spells. finally a gaurd showed up and killed the guy after much fighting. and that's one thing i really disliked about morrowind...having to hack away at things for what seems like forever.

meh, i guess i can always exchange it for graw if i don't like it.

Highlite23
03-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Very minimal frame rate issues, the game looks great. Played for 3 hours and feel like i've acomplished neXt to nothing, LOL.

A hint for you uncertain of your charecter attributes. Once the "Blade" guard asks for your Class and Attributes save your game (IT WILL NOT AUTO SAVE). Once you reach the end of the sewer you are asked if you would like to update or change anything about your charecter or leave the sewer, once you leave the sewer your charecter is set.

By having that "Save" in place you can load it and go through the small sewer run to the "Would you like to change..." prompt and make your changes without having to start at the very begining of the game.

It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to that point, so it's well worth having the "Save" in place.

Enjoy your adventure!

Heavens Gate
03-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Very minimal frame rate issues, the game looks great. Played for 3 hours and feel like i've acomplished neXt to nothing, LOL.

A hint for you uncertain of your charecter attributes. Once the "Blade" guard asks for your Class and Attributes save your game (IT WILL NOT AUTO SAVE). Once you reach the end of the sewer you are asked if you would like to update or change anything about your charecter or leave the sewer, once you leave the sewer your charecter is set.

By having that "Save" in place you can load it and go through the small sewer run to the "Would you like to change..." prompt and make your changes without having to start at the very begining of the game.

It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to that point, so it's well worth having the "Save" in place.

Enjoy your adventure!

Awahhhhh.. That's an awesome hint and now I'm way past that point with no save. Oh well, maybe i'll start over.

Flame Sword8
03-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Man i wont be able to get mine till next month for my b-day.

swivel
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Loving the game so far. So much to do... Like a grown-up Animal Crossing.

Rhiannon
03-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I am having fun. Just finished closing the first Oblivion Gate in Kavatch(sp). I am playing as a Dunmer battlemage, so I can cast and do a little melee. However I am still level 1 lmao. I need to break away from the quest so I can level my major skills up. :)

Nato King
03-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I am going out to get my copy on friday. I can't wait. I am going to get every gamerscore for this game.:cool:

mattgame
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I didn't get a call about mine yet!:mad:

CarGuy
03-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I didn't get a call about mine yet!:mad:

My EB never calls me. Go in! Get it! Gobblerabbleblaaaaaagaaablaaad!!!!

y2kash_14
03-24-2006, 01:15 AM
I am going out to get my copy on friday. I can't wait. I am going to get every gamerscore for this game.:cool:

Getting all the points in this game doesn't seem like much of a feat as compared to some of the other games. All of the Achievments are somewhat easy to get albeit (very) time consuming.

Nato King
03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Getting all the points in this game doesn't seem like much of a feat as compared to some of the other games. All of the Achievments are somewhat easy to get albeit (very) time consuming.

You are so right.

It's not hard but it's going to take a long time to get them. lol tha'ts what i like good game play. a good three months.