PDA

View Full Version : SO when should we expect NBA 2K7 or NBA Live 07?

DJ tx
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
So here is the 360 basketball game situation as I see it.

I have not yet played NBA 2K6 since there is no demo on XBL, although the video clips I have seen look a little weird, with the players heads moving almost as if they are not connected to the players bodies. Maybe these are just poor cut scenes, and maybe the actual in game graphics look much better. Although, I have heard it said that using a standard def TV like I do, NBA 2K6 doesnt look very good.

As far as NBA Live 06, it looks great on my standard def TV, not perfect, they could make some of the skin look less like a mannequin, and sometimes the players eyes look dead, but the game plays great and is alot of fun, and has some really great graphics on display. My main problem is...

I HATE THE FREE-THROW SYSTEM!!! I like the idea of using the right stick to simulate a shooting motion, but I have yet to make any free-throws, and I even changed the setting to make free-throws the easiest as possible. I have tried every way possible to shoot free-throws, and I cannot do it. I just can't figure it out. There is nothing worse than drawing the foul, AND making the bucket, only to miss out on the 3 point play because I cant make free-throws. Or, to be fouled on a three point shot, and miss all 3 from the charity stripe. Its like I am using Shaq for every foul attempt. (no offense Shaq).

So in a nutshell, I love the sport of basketball, and video games based on basketball, but what I am seeing so far doesn't make me want to run out and buy a $60 game. I look forward to NBA Live 07 and NBA 2K7 where thay have fixed the problems. I NEED BASKETBALL!!! Not only this, but I also dont want to buy a game now that is missing the features like great multi online play, and no franchis/career mode as I have heard, or the superstar mode or whatever its called. I need a game with more junk in the trunk!

I have heard alot of people say how NBA Live sucks, but really it is a great game, with one BIG flaw. Anyone else agree?

So, when will the 2007 versions be out? Does any one know or have a good guess?

Thats all I have to say for now.

DJ tx
03-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Hello? Anyone there?

Look people, I know that Oblivion just came out, and you are all brainwashed and living an alternate existence in Tamriel, but surely you will take a break once in awhile to discuss all the wonders of XBox 360 here on XBA right?

So do any of you have any opinions about my Basketball thread?

CENCEE
03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
U sleeping if u haven't got nba 2k6!!!

That game is too ILL!

Don't sleep or might slip...

2k7 should be out in Oct!

Whisper
03-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Sports games typically come out the month before the upcoming season in that sport

Soundscape
03-22-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah, this coming fall/winter i'm sure. and nba2k6 is a pretty good game - prob. the best sports game i've ever played.