PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 on a projector

cgtx24
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey I posted this on troubleshooting but it didn't seem to be getting much traffic:

Hey, so this is my first time posting on this site because I don't actually have an xbox 360. I ordered it off ebay and it should be here by friday. The thing is I don't have a tv just a projector that I got for free. I bought the VGA connector for the xbox 360 but I'm worried because I can't tell if the audio on the projector is in or out. The projector is here:

http://www.plus-america.com/u3810sfspecs.html

I also have speakers that plug into the headphone jack of a computer. So I'm wondering if anyone can tell how I'm going to get audio to work. Any adaptors? Will this work? I can't tell if theres a speaker on the projector or not. Kind of a premptive strike...but i'm just seeing what everyone thinks. Any help would be appreciated. my e-mail is cgtx24@yahoo.com. Thanks, cgtx24

ll Mista GT ll
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm afraid to answer bcause you have too many topics.

ShadedNine
03-21-2006, 10:53 PM
IF the projector has speakers (yes, there's a few that do..it's rather silly), I can't imagine trying to play games with them. Think about it, your projector is probably going to be placed behind or beside you...not a good spot in a single speaker setup.

edit: looking at the specs, it appears that projector has roughly the equivalent of a PC speaker (that thing jammed inside the computer case that beeps at you). It packs a whole Watt of power. For comparison (as much as I absolutely detest this spec) my system runs 700W, plus 2 powered subs at around 350W each) ;)

Do you have no speakers at all? You could technically use your PC speakers if they're positioned near where you're putting the screen, but that's kind of a pain (you'd have to plug the sound into the microphone jack, then find a piece of software that will forward it directly to the speakers). The adapter you'd need for that is a simple 2xRCA > 1x 3.5mm stereo plug. You can get them anywhere that little electronic gadgets are sold (radio shack, or a local electronics supplier for about 1/3 the price of RS).

cgtx24
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
a whole watt of power huh? thats no good. Well the vga connector that i bought for the xbox 360 looks like it came with some sort of reverse splitter. It has a red and a white audio plug and you can plug those in and it becomes one plug is that what you mean? I actually thought about putting it in the microphone jack and then stream it out the speakers. Do you know what kind of software I would need? Also is their some sort of converter that could do this without me needing to use my computer? Thanks

cgtx24
03-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I think I might have a found a solution but I'm not positive. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
But for anyone else who has this problem in the future this is what I'm going to try

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103722&cp=2032058.2032231.2032280&pg=6&parentPage=family

thanks for your help

ShadedNine
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
The coupler should work, though the volume may or may not be what you expect. If you're using 'headphone speakers' (ie: those that aren't powered and don't contain any form of amp), you're probably not going to be able to get them loud or clear enough to please you. Having your computer in between will amplify it somewhat, though still not much. That's easily fixed with even a cheap $30 set of PC speakers though.