PDA

View Full Version : Things I hate about oblivion.

Heavens Gate
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm supposed to take a root I found to an alchemist as a quest. well, I found the alchemist and she asked to see it and low and behold It's gone out of my inventory. That's B.S also, How is it you can steal a horse or kill a guard in the forest or woods when nobody is around and when I come across a town they know it's me? I would understand if someone seen me do it but nobody was around. Also things have been disappearing from my inventory and then reappearing or not reappearing at all. This is really pissing me off to no end.

:yikes:

thatdude222
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
well, cant u just get the bounty off of your head if you do?

trixmaster
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
i bet you accidentaly used the herb in a potion. sucker.

vman
03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
maybe you thought nobody was around and there was.

Kyle Static
03-25-2006, 10:19 PM
The Inventory system is somewhat complex in certain ways...it's probably been there all along but it's just hard to find. I've found myself being quite frustrated with the way the invetory is set up.

Ninjermy
03-26-2006, 12:26 AM
The inventory is confusing but with time it will be alot simpler/make sense. What I don't like is how you can travel anywhere on the map anytime. I thought you would at least have to walk ONCE to a town before you could just like teleport there but you can teleport all over. I guess its good - and bad. Oh well.

Oh and also I don't like how so far weapons do like 1 damage. Or 3 damage. The most I hvae seen is 7 damage. I prefer a system with larger numbers...

y2kash_14
03-26-2006, 01:45 AM
I actually think the quick teleporting thing was an excellent idea...Teleporting from town to town is no big deal because most of the quests take place in locations out of town, that you need to walk to. So I don't think anyone is missing out on any exploring because you have to travel on foot to many places anyway.

I don't like how buggy this game gets. There are times when I need to finish a mission by talking to someone, and the option I need isn't in the dialogue when it should be. Then I have to reset the Xbox just to have the option show up. And this game has a major case of slow down when you're traveling,

thatdude222
03-26-2006, 09:09 AM
idk, i havent seen any bugs/slowdown, yet.
only 7 hours in though.

mrmp3
03-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Isn't there like a cold boot or something where you hold down the power button (on the 360, not the controller) and it clears the cache? Iono read it somewhere and it said it's suppose to speed up games (obviously until the cache gets filled up again). Just didn't know if there was any truth to this or not.

y2kash_14
03-26-2006, 04:42 PM
yes that's true...but to clear the cache you have to hold down the 'A' button while the game boots up.

Is there a way that you can bring up the crosshairs while in 3rd person mode? Because that is one thing I really do hate. Not having any crosshairs in 3rd person mode makes using that perspective incredibly useless. So please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OC Noob
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
yes that's true...but to clear the cache you have to hold down the 'A' button while the game boots up.

Is there a way that you can bring up the crosshairs while in 3rd person mode? Because that is one thing I really do hate. Not having any crosshairs in 3rd person mode makes using that perspective incredibly useless. So please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Third person is an after thought and I wouldn't doubt if there was no way to bring up x-hairs. You will probably have to stick with FP, which is very easy once you are use to it.

Traveling on horses is a lot less laggy in FP too. Although, I had to disable the quick save options to make traveling on horseback a smooth experience.

Quick saving every time you hit a loading area really bogs stuff down when you are going through loading areas as fast as you do on a horse.

ps the original poster, killing people in the forest probably needs to be done as it is in the city, with 1 hit or the person has a chance to scream out and raise alarm. I did read that if someone raises alarm when you do something bad that if no soldiers come and you don't come across a soldier for a while that it just disapears, but maybe thats different for murderer.

ShadedNine
03-27-2006, 12:26 AM
ps the original poster, killing people in the forest probably needs to be done as it is in the city, with 1 hit or the person has a chance to scream out and raise alarm. I did read that if someone raises alarm when you do something bad that if no soldiers come and you don't come across a soldier for a while that it just disapears, but maybe thats different for murderer.

If it's anything like morrowind, the bounty remains but the guards will no longer pursue you over it. If you commit another crime, or walk up and talk to one of them, you'll have to pay it off, serve your time, etc.. It wasn't hard to do this in morrowind, since npcs didn't move in/out of doors.

y2kash_14
03-27-2006, 03:00 AM
I never said first person was hard...I would just like to use third person sometimes...(like to avoid backing into a wall while I'm using my bow and on the defensive.)

FatBox
03-27-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm supposed to take a root I found to an alchemist as a quest. well, I found the alchemist and she asked to see it and low and behold It's gone out of my inventory. That's B.S also, How is it you can steal a horse or kill a guard in the forest or woods when nobody is around and when I come across a town they know it's me? I would understand if someone seen me do it but nobody was around. Also things have been disappearing from my inventory and then reappearing or not reappearing at all. This is really pissing me off to no end.

:yikes:
After commiting any crime of some sort you automatically turn yourself in when you talk to guards or to certain people.

Flame Sword8
03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Did you have to steal the root for the quest or somthing?

Heavens Gate
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
There are still a ton of bugs for this game. Missing dialog, things disappearing from your inventory, getting busted for doing nothing etc.

Nurb
03-28-2006, 01:19 PM
how about the fact dirt eating roadside bandits are covered in the rarest materials because of this weird ass scaling system?

Xorg
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
level scaling sucks, I don't understand why developers are doing things differently when their previous game worked nicely. Morrowind's gameplay and level system was just fine.

SPARTAN VI
03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Posted this in another thread,

As for the slow leveling, believe it or not, us PC guys are trying to mod the game to slow down the leveling scaling system. Bethesda implemented a new leveling system that raises the level and difficulty as you gradually advance. This is why easier opponents disappear as you level up, this is why you can kill multiple vampires at level 3, this is why you can complete the arena at level 2, this is why when you're at level 25 the common bandit has DEADRIC OR GLASS ARMOR but still want to mug for your 25 gold... :rolleyes:

You'd think at level 40, there should be characters that you'll absolutely annihilate. Or if you're at level 1 and walk into the arena, you'll get your ass handed to you. They ditched the ways of Morrowind and stepped backward with this leveling system. Bad Bethesda... the only way us PC guys can get around it is by modding it (will take a long long time) or by slowing the leveling system so that it takes a while to reach higher levels (our temporary solution).

Xorg
03-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Posted this in another thread,

As for the slow leveling, believe it or not, us PC guys are trying to mod the game to slow down the leveling scaling system. Bethesda implemented a new leveling system that raises the level and difficulty as you gradually advance. This is why easier opponents disappear as you level up, this is why you can kill multiple vampires at level 3, this is why you can complete the arena at level 2, this is why when you're at level 25 the common bandit has DEADRIC OR GLASS ARMOR but still want to mug for your 25 gold... :rolleyes:

You'd think at level 40, there should be characters that you'll absolutely annihilate. Or if you're at level 1 and walk into the arena, you'll get your ass handed to you. They ditched the ways of Morrowind and stepped backward with this leveling system. Bad Bethesda... the only way us PC guys can get around it is by modding it (will take a long long time) or by slowing the leveling system so that it takes a while to reach higher levels (our temporary solution).
I'm looking forward to a few of these mods. I might end up playing the game the way Bethesda made it one time around and try it a second time around with the mods, mainly so I can relate to my friends who got the 360 version.