PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting a 2 year warranty for Xbox 360??

Slam Dunker
03-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Well, i got my Xbox 360 on lauch day (Thursday). It was waiting for me when i came home from school, so i hooked everything up and chucked in COD2, everything was going swimmingly.....up until Sunday morning. I woke up and eagerly switched on the 360, the load sequence started and just as it was signing my in it froze....odd? i thought so too. I restarted it about 10 times and much to my disapointment nothing changed. Called MS and they got it all sorted really quickly, took it back to the store and got a replacement. All completed in about 3 hours, guy on the phone was american and extreamly nice and helpful :D

So...what do you guys think i should do??

Stick with the standard 1 year warranty or get an extra 2 years for NZD: $179

Its quite a lot of money, i could buy a wired controller and GRAW for that much but then i risk having to pay more for parts if it breaks. Didn't extend warrant for old Xbox and everything went fine.

Just wondering what you guys did or think i should do

:cheers:

Whisper
03-26-2006, 09:35 AM
not exactly sure what it cost in my dollars.. but for a 500$ item.. which had a predecessor prone to breaking down.. I would..

Jags
03-27-2006, 12:29 AM
i always say get the damn warranty man it aint worth it 500 bucks down the drain if it ****s up
i got mine cheap i bought my 360 from superstore but i guess ur australian so u dont have superstore so its all irrelivant :confused: :D

Slam Dunker
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
not exactly sure what it cost in my dollars.. but for a 500$ item.. which had a predecessor prone to breaking down.. I would..

It works out to about $110 US, im looking into the warranty now. Seems like a very good idea, rather be safe than sorry.

:cheers:

CENCEE
03-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Get the warranty on it and also u have i beleive a 6 mnth with MS.

Mine went 2 MS cause the redlights came on but it went though MS because Circuit City in da states r mostly out still.

Slam Dunker
03-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Sorry guys, just realised today that the warranty isn't valid for NZ :cuss:

I was looking forward to the 2 years as well, still got the 1 year but wont be able to extend. Sorry for the useless thread :cry: