PDA

View Full Version : MY UFC Tapout Review

Chr0nik
02-25-2002, 10:58 AM
I purchased UFC Tapout Friday night and I must say that it is a very good game.

Graphics are amazing, gameplay is basic (button wise), but the attacks are fast and furious. Singleplayer mode gives you several options to choose from. Multiplayer is great to pound the pulp out of your buddies

You have Arcade mode which allows you to compete against every individual one after another until you are beat and shows you your fighting record and winning streak. There is even a chick fighter who has a cool submission move, she chokes you out using a handstand and her thighs.....

UFC Mode allows you to go for the UFC championship in an 8 man competition.

Tournament Mode allows you to setup your own custom tournament with handpicked opponents.

The create a fighter feature is good, but not great. There are not an abundance of features to choose from as in RAW, but there is enough to feel somewhat satisfied about your finished fighter.

The entrance movies are good, but become repetative.

The best part of the game is the BLOOD, lots of it and it can be customised to your liking.

I must say that off the bat this game has gotten me hooked as RAW was not able to do. I have played about 20 hours and I am loving it.

I would give this game a 9/10 RATING.

:p :p

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Cool, Chronik! I was seriously thinking about buying this game...by the sounds of it, it appears to be a great game and definately worth checking out!

I have a question for you, though....is the fighter named, Jens Pulver, on the game? I hope so...he's actually an old high school buddy of mine! :D If he's on the game, I will buy it on my way home today, regardless if it's a good game or not...I mean, imagine fighting on a video game while being your buddy! Crazy concept, if you ask me :D Let me know when you can :)

JJaX
02-25-2002, 11:09 AM
The 1st UFC game on DC had the gameplay of pong. Punch + kIck +guard and a simple X+Y counter system.

*YaawWN*

Chr0nik
02-25-2002, 11:10 AM
He is in the game, he pumelled the crap out of me. I was using my custom fighter, but he delivered an front kick to the face that KO'd my fighter.

I would strongly suggest you pick up this title, this one is definately a keeper.

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Chronik
He is in the game, he pumelled the crap out of me. I was using my custom fighter, but he delivered an front kick to the face that KO'd my fighter.

I would strongly suggest you pick up this title, this one is definately a keeper.

NICE!!! I can't wait to play as my buddy! I wouldn't even care if the game sucked the juice out of rocks! Just being my buddy will be sweet :D hehe

By the sound of it, I don't think the game would exactly "suck the juice out of rocks"...I'm looking forward to picking this up tonight! :D

JJaX
02-25-2002, 11:16 AM
Did you just say "suck" "rock" and "Juice" in the same Sentence.

I applaud you!

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Did you just say "suck" "rock" and "Juice" in the same Sentence.

I applaud you!

hehe...don't tell me you just farted again :eek:

Toder
02-25-2002, 11:23 AM
The game is awesome. I bought it too on friday and have been loving every minute of it. Game play is extremly fast you cna take someone down and throw them in a submission and the match is over with in thirty seconds. And then i've had some matches that would go the distance,in acrade mode around 40 fight mark.

The game basicly has the same controlls as the dreamcast, but you can definetly tell there is repition, each fighter is different and they all don't do the same thing.

I would also give the game a 9/10 rating.

Hugh_Jass
02-25-2002, 12:21 PM
It sounds like this game might be a better buy than RAW. Can anyone who owns both confirm?

Chr0nik
02-25-2002, 06:21 PM
I bought both, RAW is already a coaster on my coffee table.:mad:

You cant go wrong with UFC mate.

xboxer2002
02-25-2002, 06:31 PM
I think RAW is the better buy. I know alot of people don't like it, but there's alot more that do.Especially if you have 2 or more controllers.The multiplayer is hella fun.I also own UFC and that's a good game and all but,I still think RAW is better.Rent them if you can first

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 06:36 PM
I'm going to buy UFC tonight, probably. I mean, if I don't buy it, my buddy might come over and kick me in the family jewels :D He's on the game!! What a wierd concept!? :eek: I mean, think about how cool it would be to actually play a character that you actually know in person! lol...It's finally dawning on me :D

xfan2k2
02-25-2002, 07:04 PM
I had raw...sold it...now I have ufc. This game is gggggrrrreat!!! I love it sooo much more than raw. You gotta check this game out.!!

dvsminds 116
02-26-2002, 09:23 AM
I bought "Raw is War" for $10 , and left on the train on my way home from school....I wish I chould get another copy fopr that price , anyone looking to sell....dvsminds116@hotmail.com

l Maximus l
02-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Well, I bought UFC Tapout and the game is great!!! I can't believe the graphics on this game...the gameplay is amazing...and I really enjoy how you can increase the blood effects and stuff! Also, the characters look very detailed...everything from muscle tone to body hair...and tatoos.

I have a buddy that actually fights in the UFC named Jens Pulver. You have no idea what it's like to actually play as your buddy on a video game!!! It's so wierd! His name is Jens Pulver, the lightweight champion. Even his graphical character looks like him!

I can't wait to learn more moves and techniques...there's a lot of skill that you can gain from this game. It's definately not a button masher...there are specific combos, take-downs, and other things that make this game really appealing to me :)

Toder
02-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Sweet Maximus..I'm glad you like the game. I played my friend today at and he's pretty good. alot of our matches went the distance. blocking and countering is one of the most important part of fighting a good fight. I know this from experience. Enjoy your gaming i know i do.

smack119
03-03-2002, 04:19 AM
hey maximus....is your friend in the game or something???:D i thought i saw you mention it once, or twice....or 3 times....or maybe 4. oh then i saw you mention it in your review of the game :D just messing with you. my friend is in the game too :D mark kerr. so your not the only one!!

xtr0n187
03-05-2002, 04:48 PM
I was thinking about getting this game...now I know I will. Sounds like a good fighter. Thanks for the reviews and opinions.

-WorldSpawn-
03-08-2002, 10:08 AM
It kinda bothered me that when I changed my controls, the moves list didn't change with it... very frustrating!

raVen
03-08-2002, 09:26 PM
That IS a weird concept. A nice even mix of really cool and really creepy. So do you feel any remorse when beating the snot out of him?