PDA

View Full Version : finally got my free xbox 360

J4320
03-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Well I called Walmart and they said they had 1 premium left. I asked if they could hold it but the lady said no. I was scared that I wouldn't get it so I got in my car and rushed over there and I called my dad to go there too.

He got there before me and he bought it. The lady hid it for me so no one would find it. She was nice. They didn't get any 360 systems in over a month and 2 arrived today. One guy bought one earlier and I got lucky.

So the free site(Freepay) gave me $400 credit on giftcertificates.com. They get $400 in Walmart supplies lol.

And to top it all off my dad was there before he had to go do a business thing. He asked why I wasn't getting any games and I told him I was just gonna look around on ebay for one. He thought I would be bored so he said he'd just buy me one. So I picked Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter because that was the best choice.

So he hurried off and left and I drove home with a free premium 360 and a free $60 game.

YAY!

Nothing to do with the 360 but I just got a 60GB iPod in the mail too. This is a cool week. :cool:

And... Bestbuy told me they are holding Premium systems in the back and they aren't gonna put them on the shelves until April 2nd. So if any of you want one I'd check by this Sunday. That's just what they said in my area, I don't know it it's for everyone around the US.

My gamertag is --->

IIIUSI0N

The 0 in there is a zero and those are capital I's.

Add me lolz.

Here it is in all it's sexiness-

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5271/3603zl.jpg

I put it in my blog thing too. :p

But anyway, what other games should I get?

BuLLsEyEWTF
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
DOA4 if you like fighting games this one is awsome, G.R.A.W. for FPS because it is awsome, and Burnout for racing :)

J4320
03-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I think I'll get Oblivion and Battlefield 2.

l Maximus l
03-30-2006, 12:30 AM
If you like RPGs, definately get Oblivion, by the sounds of what everyone has said. But, I understand that Battlefield 2 isn't as good as GRAW based on the demo that is downloadable on XBox Live right now. I haven't checked it out. Personally, I would stick with GRAW only because it ownz my life right now...It kicks so much ass and I'm diggin' it. XBox Live play with GRAW is solid...I have yet to incur any lag so far.

As for racing, Need For Speed Most Wanted, in my opinion, is a no brainer and a must buy.

mrmp3
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I played the BF demo today. You can only play 2 games at once before getting booted from the server and you have to refresh an insane amount of time. It'll always say somethin like 22/23 or 22/24 etc. but there's never more than 12 (I've seen) in a game. I smell some bugs on this one, but I did enjoy it. Improved over the Xbox version in that they got some sick rag dolls now. A lil ridiculous at times, like if a vehicle explodes, everyone gets ejected 50 yards, but other than that, but they are very smooth and guys flop around very realistically. Noone seems to understand the capture the flag concept, or how to call in air strikes, how to parachute, etc. and it's very frustrating (oddly enough it's always the chinese team, at least when I played). Also, it seems to take more shots to kill people (especially with pistols, takes 6-8 shots now instead of 3-4). Two perks u got to look at are 24 players and vehicle support, neither of which GRAW has. However, GRAW also has the advantage of having the smoothest online play I'd say ever considering people with cable connections are running games with 16 people with almost no lag (however that's not to say some peoples connections really can't handle it). BF you also can't create your own server, and considering no game has clan support yet, I'm thinking BF will lose the clan (squad, w/e u call it) support it had on the original Xbox, so I'd say just stick with GRAW unless you get bored with it. BF is still a solid alternative, but the SP is decent, just not all that great (compared to the stellar GRAW).

J4320
03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah actually I think I'll stick with GRAW. I played the Battlefield 2 demo and it was okay. GRAW is really fun.

I've decided to keep it. It's kind of funny because I just got back from trying to take it back at Walmart.

I told them it was a faulty disk and they let me go get another one and I thought that they'd give it to me sealed so I could sell it on ebay or something but they openned that one up lol.

Oh well. I don't need BF2. I'll just get Oblivion now.

floopypoop
04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
man i want a 360 badly, but i don't have the money. :(

J4320
04-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Well I just got Oblivion yesterday and I can't stop playing it. This is one of my favorite games evaaaaar!

Crazy Joe
04-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah actually I think I'll stick with GRAW. I played the Battlefield 2 demo and it was okay. GRAW is really fun.

I've decided to keep it. It's kind of funny because I just got back from trying to take it back at Walmart.

I told them it was a faulty disk and they let me go get another one and I thought that they'd give it to me sealed so I could sell it on ebay or something but they openned that one up lol.

Oh well. I don't need BF2. I'll just get Oblivion now.

wow, did you go to Walmart in Geniusville? i've never heard of a Walmart employee being that stringent/clever, not saying Walmart employees are dumb, but 99% either ARE dumb, or they don't care enough to think of stuff like this.

P.S. For the future, if you're going to do that, and you get a sealed copy, don't sell it on eBay, take it to a different store (walmart, best buy, whatever) and exchange it for store credit, say you got it for your birthday or something so you dont have receipt.

J3bus WTF
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
If you like RPGs, definately get Oblivion, by the sounds of what everyone has said. But, I understand that Battlefield 2 isn't as good as GRAW based on the demo that is downloadable on XBox Live right now. I haven't checked it out. Personally, I would stick with GRAW only because it ownz my life right now...It kicks so much ass and I'm diggin' it. XBox Live play with GRAW is solid...I have yet to incur any lag so far.

As for racing, Need For Speed Most Wanted, in my opinion, is a no brainer and a must buy.
What is it that is so good about GRAW, I have tried so hard to get into it but I just can't.:(

J4320
04-05-2006, 04:37 PM
What is it that is so good about GRAW, I have tried so hard to get into it but I just can't.:(

Yeah same here. I played it for a while but to me it just gets repetetive. I'm 100% into Oblivion though. :cool:

BuLLsEyEWTF
04-05-2006, 06:06 PM
It's because your noobs :p Can't handle the tactics probably.. I understand, takes alot of quick thinking to be good at it I find, it's a slow paced FPS.. some people are looking for more excitment rather than reality

J3bus WTF
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I think its because I don't like commanding a team and shooting at the same time.

BuLLsEyEWTF
04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I usually send my team in and hang back for SP.. Multiplayer is where it is at though, nothing like a good game of Team Survival..

J3bus WTF
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I usually send my team in and hang back for SP.. Multiplayer is where it is at though, nothing like a good game of Team Survival..
I guess Ill have to give it more time.