PDA

View Full Version : Radiant AI

SPARTAN VI
04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, to keep this out of the RPG section, we'll leave this discussion open to AI in general. But my experiences will come from Oblivion's Radiant AI. Anyone else have some unusual AI stories?

I was playing around in the Mages guild once, and pick-pocketed the short wood elf while he was reading, and nabbed his book. When I exited the pick-pocket screen, his book disappeared, so he stood up and started to walk out of the room. I took the book out of my inventory and held it in front of me and started bumping him in the head with it. He stopped, turned his head, and grabbed the book out of the air! Wha?!

I was in Bruma at Olav's Tavern looking for Ongar, the fence. Well, sure enough I find him in there...but he's sneaking around... very un-stealthy sneaking. He sneaks up to someone sitting, and fails at his pick pocket attempt. At first I thought I was going to get in trouble when everyone started screaming "GUARDS!" Sure enough, 3 guards stormed into the tavern.. but they didnt do anything. I guess Ongar paid the fine as the guards started to walk around the tavern and talk to people like nothing happened.

Problems with Oblivion's AI... when Im bored, I use my frenzy spell on random NPCs, maybe two or three at a time. Before I know it about 10 guards spill onto the scene, silver arrows flying everywhere. The arrows sometimes hit guards that are using their swords on the frenzied NPCs.. then the gaurds start to fight each other! All of a sudden, the gaurds have split into two factions as they keep killing each other. 10 minutes later, Chorral's streets are piled high with bodies. The problem, though a fun problem, is the gaurds' eagerness to fight each other. I've even casted Frenzy, followed one character around as he attacked people in the mages guild, came out 10 minutes later to find all the guards dead and riddled with silver arrows. Haha.

Kyle Static
04-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I heard that while they were developing the game they played around with the AI and the city guards began running around killing everyone and pillaging their valuables, then running back to the castle and stashing the goods....thats just creepy haha.

I haven't actually encountered any odd AI yet...but I did pickpocket the mage guy after I gave him the "fingers of the mountain" book, and took the book back, yet the quest was still completed.

TheCovenant
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I heard that while they were developing the game they played around with the AI and the city guards began running around killing everyone and pillaging their valuables, then running back to the castle and stashing the goods....thats just creepy haha.

I haven't actually encountered any odd AI yet...but I did pickpocket the mage guy after I gave him the "fingers of the mountain" book, and took the book back, yet the quest was still completed.

i remember that quest!

anywho, once i was walking around with brother martin, when i stumbled into a tavern, a long ways north of chorrol. i ventured inside just for the heck of it, see what i could find, when suddenly, an argonian who was enjoying his beverage leaped out of his seat and cast "defense" on himself! he then drew a dagger and leapt towards brother martin. funny thing is, brother martin, knowing of the impending danger (im guessing) had also drawn his dagger and casted "restore" on himself. They got into an old fashioned brawl, and brother martin won.

I was astounded. i felt like going up to brother martin and asking him "the F*CK was that all about, martin?!"

i went to investigate the dead argonians body, when i read his name. It read something like this:

"Salem the GOD hater"

I had a good laugh after that one. what the hell are the odds that someone would grab brother martin and go to this really out-of-the-way tavern? Man, this game is ingenious.

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Well, to keep this out of the RPG section, we'll leave this discussion open to AI in general. But my experiences will come from Oblivion's Radiant AI. Anyone else have some unusual AI stories?

I was playing around in the Mages guild once, and pick-pocketed the short wood elf while he was reading, and nabbed his book. When I exited the pick-pocket screen, his book disappeared, so he stood up and started to walk out of the room. I took the book out of my inventory and held it in front of me and started bumping him in the head with it. He stopped, turned his head, and grabbed the book out of the air! Wha?!

I was in Bruma at Olav's Tavern looking for Ongar, the fence. Well, sure enough I find him in there...but he's sneaking around... very un-stealthy sneaking. He sneaks up to someone sitting, and fails at his pick pocket attempt. At first I thought I was going to get in trouble when everyone started screaming "GUARDS!" Sure enough, 3 guards stormed into the tavern.. but they didnt do anything. I guess Ongar paid the fine as the guards started to walk around the tavern and talk to people like nothing happened.

Problems with Oblivion's AI... when Im bored, I use my frenzy spell on random NPCs, maybe two or three at a time. Before I know it about 10 guards spill onto the scene, silver arrows flying everywhere. The arrows sometimes hit guards that are using their swords on the frenzied NPCs.. then the gaurds start to fight each other! All of a sudden, the gaurds have split into two factions as they keep killing each other. 10 minutes later, Chorral's streets are piled high with bodies. The problem, though a fun problem, is the gaurds' eagerness to fight each other. I've even casted Frenzy, followed one character around as he attacked people in the mages guild, came out 10 minutes later to find all the guards dead and riddled with silver arrows. Haha.

Where does one get this frenzy spell? Sounds fun.

I have had some similar fun with the townsfolk. My favorite... I was crouched op top of a building, and on the ground there were 4 people talking... two mages are two archers. I thought I would have a little fun, and I took out my bow, shooting one of the mages. Now, I fully expected them to attack me, but instead, the mages went after the two archers. The guards soon came and slaughtered the two mages, and then went on their way.

Something else I did that was particularly entertaining... I was following someone around, learning their day, and discovered that every day they went to church in the morning, then went to work (at a vinyard) and after work went to the inn for somethhing to drink. So, I decided to see just how much fun I could have to disturb this. I went to the inn about an hour before she did, and I used th]e replicate glitch to make a pile of a thousand or so books, and piled them all up in front of the door. After I was done, I wanted for her to come on up. She got to my massive pile of books, and just stood there. She said "Hmm, Interesting" and walked away. I followed. She went around behind the tavern in hopes she could in... no luck. She was determined though. Before I know it, she is moving each book one by one to clear a path into the tavern. It took her a few hours in game time go clear enough to get inside:p

SPARTAN VI
04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Where does one get this frenzy spell? Sounds fun.

I have had some similar fun with the townsfolk. My favorite... I was crouched op top of a building, and on the ground there were 4 people talking... two mages are two archers. I thought I would have a little fun, and I took out my bow, shooting one of the mages. Now, I fully expected them to attack me, but instead, the mages went after the two archers. The guards soon came and slaughtered the two mages, and then went on their way.

Something else I did that was particularly entertaining... I was following someone around, learning their day, and discovered that every day they went to church in the morning, then went to work (at a vinyard) and after work went to the inn for somethhing to drink. So, I decided to see just how much fun I could have to disturb this. I went to the inn about an hour before she did, and I used th]e replicate glitch to make a pile of a thousand or so books, and piled them all up in front of the door. After I was done, I wanted for her to come on up. She got to my massive pile of books, and just stood there. She said "Hmm, Interesting" and walked away. I followed. She went around behind the tavern in hopes she could in... no luck. She was determined though. Before I know it, she is moving each book one by one to clear a path into the tavern. It took her a few hours in game time go clear enough to get inside:p

What's this replicate glitch? I'd like to make a wall of books and see this for myself! :)

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
What's this replicate glitch? I'd like to make a wall of books and see this for myself! :)

Equip a bow, and whatever arrows you like. Pull back your bow, and then enter your invetory. Find a different set of arrows, and double press a. Then find any item in your inventory and press x to drop it. It will reproduce as many of the item as the quantity of your second set of arrows. Repeate as desired...

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv52.JPG

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv45.JPG

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv48.JPG

SPARTAN VI
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Equip a bow, and whatever arrows you like. Pull back your bow, and then enter your invetory. Find a different set of arrows, and double press a. Then find any item in your inventory and press x to drop it. It will reproduce as many of the item as the quantity of your second set of arrows. Repeate as desired...

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv52.JPG

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv45.JPG

http://re-kwest.com/images/oblv48.JPG

Wowo. I'd imagine people can make a lot of money witht glitch. I'll show constraint. I'm 2[H]4 Glitches.

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Wowo. I'd imagine people can make a lot of money witht glitch. I'll show constraint. I'm 2[H]4 Glitches.

Yeah, you can make alot of money. For experimentations sake, I took my blade of woe (worth about 8 grand) and made 365 of them (max I coudl carry) and sold them to my fence at 1500 gold each. You do the math :hardcore:. I did it on an old save though, just to play around with it. Same goes with blocking the lady and whatnot. I have not used the glitch in the saves I am working on now.

SPARTAN VI
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you can make alot of money. For experimentations sake, I took my blade of woe (worth about 8 grand) and made 365 of them (max I coudl carry) and sold them to my fence at 1500 gold each. You do the math :hardcore:. I did it on an old save though, just to play around with it. Same goes with blocking the lady and whatnot. I have not used the glitch in the saves I am working on now.

If there was true AI.. the fence would decrease his price as he gets more of those swords, to the point where it's only worth 1G. Or if you're rich, you'd be walking about with a billion gold, buying all sorts of crap, causing all sorts of inflation in Cyrodill. Now look what you've done, you f*#ked up their economic system... JERK!

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
If there was true AI.. the fence would decrease his price as he gets more of those swords, to the point where it's only worth 1G. Or if you're rich, you'd be walking about with a billion gold, buying all sorts of crap, causing all sorts of inflation in Cyrodill. Now look what you've done, you f*#ked up their economic system... JERK!

That was the idea....

SPARTAN VI
04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
That was the idea....

Ok Mr. Smarty Pants. Get all of the billions you made, and donate 10K to every bum in cyrodill. :)

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok Mr. Smarty Pants. Get all of the billions you made, and donate 10K to every bum in cyrodill. :)

Why? That would simply be a ticket for 40oz to Freedom. I would erradicate half the population of Cryodill.

TheCovenant
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
vipers story was interesting as hell to me...i cant beleive the girl was programmed to the point where she started moving the books. thats incredible!

Viper87227
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
vipers story was interesting as hell to me...i cant beleive the girl was programmed to the point where she started moving the books. thats incredible!

It was one of the funniest things ive ever seen. She really wanter her beer.