PDA

View Full Version : first oblivion download

nesgamingcom
04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
well heres the first download for oblivion.

oblivion download (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/theelderscrollsivoblivion/gamecontent.htm)

swivel
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
It costs points?!?!?

Lame.

nesgamingcom
04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah 200 marketplace points to buy some horse armor

CrazyCougar
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I expect only demo's of games to be free. Everything that is game related or enhances a game in anyway will always cost you something.

ll Mista GT ll
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
**** that. I haven't spent one MS Point. I have 200 in spares but thats only because I got a 12 month package from BB. But making people pay for horse armor? WTF. I know it's the same as downloading the Halo 2 maps, but horse armor....

J4320
04-03-2006, 08:56 PM
The armor does look sexy...... ;)

ll Mista GT ll
04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
The armor does look sexy...... ;)

Ok, Ok, I'll agree on that. :cheers:

TheCovenant
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
how much will 200 points run you?

Salmonaitor
04-04-2006, 07:28 AM
I will most likely get this, and most other D/L content that is of interest. I think that the D/L content is an awesome idea, and this only serves to enhance the playing experience. It's what makes XboxLive and Xbox the best choice for console gaming.

You can like it or you can hate it, but I will support it because this is what I dreamed would happen with Xbox, that they would take steps to make a game playable well beyond what current games are.

CrazyCougar
04-04-2006, 08:10 AM
how much will 200 points run you?

500 costs $6.25. You can only buy them incremements of 500, 1000, 2000, and 5000 on the marketplace. Not sure how many different variations of the card their are in retail outlets, but I know of at least the 1600 card for $20.

So the download costs ya a whopping $1.25!!!

nesgamingcom
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
its 2.50 cents but still its something that should have been in the game already and is kinda pointless in my point of view to purchase.

CrazyCougar
04-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Ooops, yeah thanks for correcting me on that one..LOL!

The point of the marketplace though is so that gaming companies can extend the life of their games. I am sure this content was done long before the release of the game, but was held as DLC for future release. Welcome to the new age of gaming. All of those premium downloads that people paid for on the original xbox showed developers and publishers that people were willing to pay. This is only the beginning.

swivel
04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Ooops, yeah thanks for correcting me on that one..LOL!

The point of the marketplace though is so that gaming companies can extend the life of their games. I am sure this content was done long before the release of the game, but was held as DLC for future release. Welcome to the new age of gaming. All of those premium downloads that people paid for on the original xbox showed developers and publishers that people were willing to pay. This is only the beginning.

Exactly. Welcome to the new age of game development. People sitting around a workspace oohing and ahhing over various features, and arguing over which ones to NOT include in the game, but bill you for later.

And most of you applaud this business model. I can only suppose that you are the same people making ringtones a multi-billion dollar industry. $1.50 here, $2.25 there, no big deal. And we wonder why Americans have no savings...

LeoBreaker
04-05-2006, 09:38 AM
that is gay, i should have just gotten the pc version and made my own equip :p

mrmp3
04-07-2006, 07:05 AM
To their credit, Bethesda made a really great RPG. I see no problem in charging money for say like armor, spells, weapons, or a bundle of all 3, but $2 for horse armor? Whoever mentioned ringtones, I was thinking the same thing. $2 for horse armor, but if tons of other games start charging $2 increments for everything, that would add up to half of (if not a full) XBL subscription in no time. If were gonna get little things like this, just slap'em all together, add some new areas, call it an expansion, and charge $20.

Jackyboy
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
some games may not even require skill soon, just money

swivel
04-11-2006, 05:09 AM
some games may not even require skill soon, just money

Great point.

Well said.

rolling stone
04-15-2006, 02:14 AM
To their credit, Bethesda made a really great RPG. I see no problem in charging money for say like armor, spells, weapons, or a bundle of all 3, but $2 for horse armor? Whoever mentioned ringtones, I was thinking the same thing. $2 for horse armor, but if tons of other games start charging $2 increments for everything, that would add up to half of (if not a full) XBL subscription in no time. If were gonna get little things like this, just slap'em all together, add some new areas, call it an expansion, and charge $20.

that's a good point. i've spent over $10 on ringtones i never use without thinking twice about it. that package deal sort of thing sounds like a great idea for people who might get carried away, mysefl included.

(ok..i started typing this message before i wentt to this nightclub and i just go t home and now i'm xdrunk)

but f*** ms i mean **** i spent 6 bucksa or whatever on geometry wars cause i'm weiner and i thoght it was fun but now i'm like godddam...that was raaaape. microsoft points?? wtf...

what does your gamerscore do anyways?? that would be suweet if you could buy w**** with the gamerscore pointst...are those points pointelss and just to make you seem cooler than other nerds? that's like trying to be the smartest kid with down syndrome... ok i'm goignto go pass out now nighty night