PDA

View Full Version : January OXM magazine

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 02:29 PM
A friend told me that in the January issue of OXM magazine, it said that they are in the process for making a new version of Halo that will include 3 additional Campaign mode levels and 30 additional multi-player levels. Any owner of Halo, apparently, will be able to use their game as a rebate for the new version of Halo.

I'm curious about this because I am a die hard Halo fan. He told me this yesterday and I am curious if this is just the rumored "Halo 1.5" game or not. I don't subscribe to OXM, however, the person that told me is a reliable source...a friend of mine, in fact. He said that it's in the magazine so it seems to be legitimate. And, he is going to bring the magazine to me so I can see it as soon as tomorrow. Can anyone confirm this mind-blowing news?

mattcoxonline
02-25-2002, 02:31 PM
Just to keep you updated...
by mattcoxonline

The first issue of the Official UK Xbox Magazine goes on sale on the 28th of February. To ensure you get a copy may I suggest subsribing (which will save you £10) and you will recieve that glossy mag straight to your door hot off the press.

The first issue comes with a DVD to use with your Xbox which features demos of got Gotham, Mad Dash, Fusion Frenzy and NHL Hitz all playable on the first disc, as well as a bunch of movies and interviews with Microsoft's Xbox guys. It hits the street on Feb. 28.

Why subscribe?

YOUR COPY GUARANTEED!
Get every issue of the Official UK Xbox Magazine and its playable Game Disc delivered to your door!

BE FIRST!
Get to read and play your magazine before the issue goes on sale to the general public.

SAVE MONEY!
Pay by Direct Debit in four easy instalments through the year and get the equivalent of TWO ISSUES FREE!

EXCLUSIVE GIFT!**
Subscribe to the Official UK Xbox Magazine and receive a specially commissioned and exclusive Xbox pin badge!

EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER
Containing stop-press news and screenshots arriving too late for inclusion in the magazine, as well as subscriber-exclusive competitions and game challenges.

UNIQUE SUBSCRIBER NUMBER
All subscribers to the Official UK Xbox Magazine will receive a unique subscriber number, giving them special benefits in future offers, competitions and challenges.

Click <a href="http://www.futurenet.com/promotion/OXBP01">here</a> to order by credit card.
Click <a href="http://www.futurenet.com/promotion/OXBP01">here</a> to order by debit card.
To Order By Phone Call 0870 444 8664

** Strictly limited to the first 1000 founder subscribers, so be quick.

StudioAlex
02-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Sorry. In the next issue of OXM they pretty muck kill the rumor. There will be no halo 1.5 with new anything or online play. Instead, they are making some midevil game based off of halo's engine.

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 02:37 PM
StudioAlex...really? I'm curious...what exactly do they say in the Feb issue? And, why do you suppose they stated all of this in the January issue?

I want to see this first hand....I'm a HUGE fan of Halo :)

RudedogX
02-25-2002, 02:45 PM
maximus?!? where have you been man?!? usually you're pretty good about catching these things! The Halo 1.5 ordeal was huge about 2 months ago until they denied it. Unfortunately, no it's not going to come out, both Microsoft and Bungie squashed it (unfortunately i don't have a link...sorry didn't feel like searching the internet and my OXM is at home). But that is the truth, no 1.5 version.

maneatingcow
02-25-2002, 02:45 PM
From what I remember reading (I should take notes now and then....) Bungie has no plans for a Halo upgrade.

What does this mean? Bungie abandon the Halo franchise? Not bloody likely...

Most likely, Halo 2 will appear sometime in the future... right after Bungie gets done with Pimps At Sea...

<small>man i love that game....</small>

StudioAlex
02-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
StudioAlex...really? I'm curious...what exactly do they say in the Feb issue? And, why do you suppose they stated all of this in the January issue?

I guess they reported on it because it is easily the most popular game on the system. I can't find the info on Halo 1.5's cancellation (might have read it at one of the news sights) but the game that they are working on is called Project Wolf, which obviously won't be its final name. It also states that the versatility of the Halo engine, which the game will run on, played a large part in Microsoft's decision to buy bungie.

Wu3000
02-25-2002, 02:57 PM
www.officialxboxmagazine.com

hey maximus, i get the mags but i never saw anything about halo 1.5 so ill go back and read jan and feb again to clear this up. but this is the site, usually they are a issue behind but you can check.

wu

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

I guess they reported on it because it is easily the most popular game on the system. I can't find the info on Halo 1.5's cancellation (might have read it at one of the news sights) but the game that they are working on is called Project Wolf, which obviously won't be its final name. It also states that the versatility of the Halo engine, which the game will run on, played a large part in Microsoft's decision to buy bungie.

I would think there would be a better reason for alteast mentioning this in January's OXM issue other than it being the most popular game. Know what I mean? I mean, if they don't actually do it, I will still be content because I love the game...but, I find it a little odd in why they would actually publish this if it was half-assed news. If it completely untrue, which is possibly the case, I find it pretty tacky on OXM's end by publishing that. I don't know...just a thought.

Wu3000
02-25-2002, 03:05 PM
didnt find anything about halo in those two issues.

but i did see some screen shots for enclave which is a new fps that is supposed to take the things about halo that everyone loves and put it all in a midevil setting.. this doesnt use the halop engine though i dont think.

anyway take a look at the web site for starbreeze the developers of enclave, they have one of the best developer sites in on the net.

www.starbreeze.com

let me know how you like the site, oh yeah there is space invaders and asteroids there too .

wu:)

JJaX
02-25-2002, 03:06 PM
OXM also reported that halos co-op could be played via system link. I will never forgive them for teasing me like that :(

Oh full screen co-op where art tho!

hopefully Serious Sam, DOOM 3 and other FPS take advantage of system link co-op.

mattcoxonline
02-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Once again my post gets ignored as it says "UK" :( :( :( :mad:

thunderkiss2k1
02-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Maximus, I didn't know liked Halo? When did this happen?

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Wu3000
didnt find anything about halo in those two issues.

but i did see some screen shots for enclave which is a new fps that is supposed to take the things about halo that everyone loves and put it all in a midevil setting.. this doesnt use the halop engine though i dont think.

anyway take a look at the web site for starbreeze the developers of enclave, they have one of the best developer sites in on the net.

www.starbreeze.com

let me know how you like the site, oh yeah there is space invaders and asteroids there too .

Thanks, Wu...that site is bad ass! Wow! I'm thinking that Enclave is going to be a pretty sweet game :D I've been keeping my eye on it...I think it comes out soon, too :D

wu:)

HaloUK
02-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline
Once again my post gets ignored as it says "UK" :( :( :( :mad:

May I say that I found your post both interesting and informative (us Brits must stick together).
Seriously though, I have never found that people ignore my posts, we all (well most of us) share a common interest - don't get all paranoid on us! :)