PDA

View Full Version : Halo MMO!!

BIGHARV
04-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I have just read the latest rumors and boy oh BOY would I ever be pumped if Forerunner (halo 3) was developed as an MMO. Think about it. isn't that just the greatest idea ever. I know I'm not alone on this one. My friends and I would be in heaven. Fighting side by side against other clans on a huge Halo like world; a world that you would be able to fight indoors and out doors while still having the same phisics as halo 1 and 2.. It would most definatly have to be a FPS and have the same controls as before. You would have the same weapons as before but bigger and better and you would be able to upgrade your weapons/grenades. On top of all that you add the fact that the graphics would be Next Gen for the 360 with minimal loading time on a good server. WOW it just blows my mind.

Nurb
04-10-2006, 04:44 PM
now that'd be sumpin, though there's a huge.. HYOOJ risk it will be crappy since the debate of halo 2's quality

BuLLsEyEWTF
04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Yah, but think about how much of a hit the graphics would take to produce something like that... probably worse than halo1..

ShadedNine
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't see the need for an MMO persay, but having persistent game servers with 64 players a la Battlefield 2 would be nice.

I don't care for the short rounds and wait times for new matches in Halo 2.

killerscott
04-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I happen to for one think its the dumbest Idea ever. If they were to do that it would just be so they could make a completely different game and still get all the Halo-Hype, and it would probably suck to most Halo fans.

TheCovenant
04-11-2006, 12:38 AM
I happen to for one think its the dumbest Idea ever. If they were to do that it would just be so they could make a completely different game and still get all the Halo-Hype, and it would probably suck to most Halo fans.

agreed. i actually hope its stays 8 on 8 max, so that all the maps and games balance out as well as they do in halo 2.

BIGHARV
04-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Ya don't get me wrong I love the Halo 1 and 2 formula. But aren't you getting sick of playing the same maps over and over. I for one would love to see halo spiced up a little bit. Maybe it's just because I've just played way to much over the last 4-5 years. Especially with all the other shooters on the market. If Halo doesn't do it I think some other FPS should give it a shot. Regardless Halo 3 is gonna kick major ass.

Plewis
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
NOOOOOOOO. It's a stupid idea. If you want a MMO game, then buy one. Halo is a FPS, it should stay a FPS. They ****ed up Halo 2 to the point where I don't play it. Halo CE was the ****, I would be content with a little graphic boost and online capability with the Halo CE engine. That would make me buy a 360, but until a good halo game comes out, I'm gonna stick with my xbox.

l Maximus l
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, dumb question...but, what does MMO stand for? Apparently, I must live in a cave...

I just hope they make Halo 3 as an FPS based on the same engine that made Halo 1. I hope they bring back everything in Halo 1 including the pistol, I just want a plethora of new maps....I can care less about graphical upgrades...I think Halo 1 looks great the way it is.

Xorg
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Oh man, if that was true, it just wouldn't feel like halo anymore to me, it sounds like a huge btb fest.

Plewis
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
maxy,

Massive Multiplayer Online

usually followed by R.P.G. which I assume you know what that means.

Soda Jones
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM
If they made it like a halo version of planetside it could be great....

l Maximus l
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
maxy,

Massive Multiplayer Online

usually followed by R.P.G. which I assume you know what that means.

Gotcha, but, what would be the point of a Halo MMO game? Don't we have Big Team Battle?

By the way, I'm not expecting you to answer...just wondering in general. It seems kind of pointless unless they were doing some sort of MMPORPG instead using the Halo universe. Since I'm not into RPGs, I wouldn't care about it...I just hope they make Halo 3 using the Halo CE engine.

Go420Dawgs
04-11-2006, 05:55 PM
It seems kind of pointless unless they were doing some sort of MMPORPG instead using the Halo universe. Since I'm not into RPGs, I wouldn't care about it...I just hope they make Halo 3 using the Halo CE engine.

My thoughts exactly.

Jelloman653
04-11-2006, 07:00 PM
NOOOOOOOO. It's a stupid idea. If you want a MMO game, then buy one. Halo is a FPS, it should stay a FPS. They ****ed up Halo 2 to the point where I don't play it. Halo CE was the ****, I would be content with a little graphic boost and online capability with the Halo CE engine. That would make me buy a 360, but until a good halo game comes out, I'm gonna stick with my xbox.

plewis is right. besides theres already an MMOFPS coming out. its called Huxley

BIGHARV
04-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Huxley you say. Well I'm definatly checking that out.

Go420Dawgs
04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Yah Huxley looks pretty badass.

Slam Dunker
04-12-2006, 03:30 AM
If they make Halo 3 an MMO i think a lot of people will lose respect for the game designers, thus loosing a lot of dedicated fans. I agree with BIG-HARV, Halo shouldn't do it but good luck to any other company that wants to give it a shot. 64 players would be awesome if they could create a map big enough, or maybe 64 people on Beaver Creek with rockets??

BIGHARV
04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=maybe 64 people on Beaver Creek with rockets??[/QUOTE]

Uh I don't even think you would be able to walk 3 inches before dying. It would be insane.

FatBox
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
It would just be another ****ty game like Gunz.

Lil wessex
04-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Yer i think it would spoil the game, other games suit MMO but halo is already quite intense as 8 on 8 anymore and i wouldn't find it so good. I never played GUNZ myself, didnt interest me that much

BIGHARV
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Well what if halo single player missions were in the style of MMO where you could gather people in a central place and then go do missions together. You could travel using warthhog and stuff. Then the muliplayer would be the same old tried and true deathmatch.