PDA

View Full Version : Be Here March 1st, 2002!

Kamshaft
02-25-2002, 03:17 PM
We are doing our biggest GIVEAWAY (not contest) yet, so be here MARCH 1st, 2002 for details! Trust me!

:)

NOTES (added Feb. 26th, 2002): The giveaway will be based on News Comments, Review, eXcitement comments and forums participation. And we'll be filtering and deleting bogus stuff, so no funny stuff. The true XboxAddict.com members will be rewarded by this giveaway.

Plewis
02-26-2002, 09:36 AM
I wonder what they are going to give away... Maybe a pencil that says xboxaddict on it! YES! I'll be here March 1st!:D

fear_this
02-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Or even better! A Rubber Ducky! :) Im defidently going to be here!

fear_this
02-26-2002, 12:09 PM
You mean that they didn't send it yet? Oh well atleast you have something coming for you. :D

Ninja Scroll
02-26-2002, 01:39 PM
You know da Ninja who made XBA famous will be here!
Shoot, I practically live here:rolleyes: !
But what I wanna know is, is there a certain time this is going down? Man, this is getting exciting!

ONLY XboxAddict.com can the members have cool ass moderators like ours!
No where else guys!:cool:

E-Xbox
02-26-2002, 02:15 PM
hey all
this is gonna be the GREATEST GIVEAWAY so far....
i will be here....hoping to get something....
this juss shows u all who the greatest xbox site is
XBOX ADDICT!
peace :)

CyberBOMB
02-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Hell yeah XBA is the only place for me. I havent been to Team Xbox in a while cuz it loads slow for me. I live here. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. On the very bottom right is where i sleep. I find it very comfortable and am always the first to see the new news that is posted.

Durden-XBA
02-26-2002, 06:00 PM
My guess is paks of games, controllers, or maybe even a System... But what I wonder is why would they give away a Box, if we all already got 'em?

Also, I'm not on the forums a ton, but I live in the chatroom- Yes, even when there aren't contests (GASP)... How do they measure time in chat? No one's ever in there but me and MEC. (Okay... and Skoot... and Laz... and *BOOYA* Dark).

JimmieDoogan
02-26-2002, 06:34 PM
Another contest I'm kind of Devoid of Winning. I am not a huge avid user of this site because I am too busy playing my Xbox to visit here alot. Oh well. Too Bad So Sad, thinkn bout the things that I'll never have. ;)

skoot182
02-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
A system is pretty expensive I doubt theyd do that!

well, stephen did just win a system of his choice on www.ReadySetGamer.com ........

GokuX
02-26-2002, 10:34 PM
U should give away a leather Xbox jacket. Or at least the coat Bill was wearing at the Japanese launch.

jeah
02-27-2002, 02:46 AM
Aarrgggghhh..... i'm not gonna be there cause i'm gonna be passed out along side my girlfriend on her 21er.

Kamshaft
02-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Read that email very carefully, the more you use the site, the better are your chances on winning.

HINT: You will need this prize!

brandontyler
02-27-2002, 07:23 AM
Cool, can't wait until Friday! Thanks xboxaddict.com!

Razor70
02-27-2002, 12:17 PM
Well then I better get a jump on things! I am new here and I need to play catchup with the others here. By the way love the site. Easy to navagate. And the forums are so much better than other forums I have been too. Well keep up the good work and I hope to be a regular here someday.

DIGITAL
02-27-2002, 01:04 PM
wow ,u guys are giving away mad stuff,that is so cool,another great contest from the best xbox web site,xbox addict for life!!!!!!

JimmieDoogan
02-27-2002, 02:17 PM
The more we use this SITE or these boards? I'm more of a lurker. I can hardly ever find anything to say. However, I do read the news and reviews.

E-Xbox
02-27-2002, 02:24 PM
maybe its a special edition jap xbox...

GokuX
02-27-2002, 02:44 PM
You will need this prize!

U don't necessarily need another console if U already have an Xbox. U don't need trinkets that say Xbox on them. The only thing U need to play games if U have the games is a controller. Since American controllers are in abundance, the only thing I could theorize based on this hint would be a Japanese Xbox controller.

Plewis
02-27-2002, 03:29 PM
maybe it's a gba... you know how stephen thinks everyone should have one. Contest seems real cool! What are all the hints so far... 1) 1 prise for every day of a month 2) You'll need it... are there any more?

fear_this
02-27-2002, 04:44 PM
I hope its like 7 to 10 games. That would be sweetness. :cool:

mtbaird5687
02-27-2002, 05:38 PM
coolio i wish that i had posted here more often :(

Frostberg
02-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Guys, 100% it isin't a system...they are giving one a day for the whole month...so it is impossible for it to be worth a lot...remember Stephen doesnt get a check from MS every week to fund contests!

Toder
02-28-2002, 12:26 AM
i think it would be great to win another xbox. Why not? you wouldn't have to worry about someone else playing and taking up your sweet gaming time. How many people in here have been fustrated that you couldn't play your xbox because of some family member hogging it?

Huckleberry
02-28-2002, 12:47 AM
ever see the corvette club that buys a new porsche every year and then sledgehammers it to death? well...maybe the prize will be a bathtub full of water and squaresoft developers, and a plugged in ps2...

VAN
02-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Have no fear, folks. Those of you who are not selected as a winner on Friday, will have another chance to win on Saturday...and again on Sunday....and again on Monday...and again.....

You get the idea. :)

CyberBOMB
02-28-2002, 11:31 AM
No matter what it is im sure we will like it. Well those of us who are thinking practically anyway. If youre thinking its a tv, or a 15yr old asian girl got another thing coming. It wont be an Xbox, im sure of that, cuz i mean why are you here discussing Xbox if you dont have one? It will probably be t-shirts and games although Xbox hats wouldnt be bad.

I have to admit i was hoping for it to be some kind of beta for GTA 3 or a better version of WWF Raw. (oh no he mentioned GTA3 again!)

But, if its an autographed pair of underwear worn by every XBox Addict guy i will probably never return to this site again as it is just frightening.

Lets just keep guessing.
What time will it be?

Storm
02-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
What time will it be?

I think they said the rules would be posted at 9 am on March 1st. But they are giving away one prize every day of the month. So that means 31 prizes...

VAN
02-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Storm's right.

31 days = 31 prizes = 31 winners!

Also, I have already started planning some cool game giveaways for the month of April, so the prizes will keep on coming for quite some time, folks. :)

l Maximus l
02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
WOW! That's awesome! There's going to be a lot of happy people on March 1st! So, what time does this thing start!?

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
WOW! That's awesome! There's going to be a lot of happy people on March 1st! So, what time does this thing start!?

It's starts once you go get me that Washington Post Newspaper in the morning young buck!:D
So make sure you got the right flight from Seattle to DC!

And I want that StarBucks Expresso too, or their will be hell to pay sunshine!:D ;) :D

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
Read that email very carefully, the more you use the site, the better are your chances on winning.

HINT: You will need this prize!

Well d@mn Stephan, you might as well just say it now:
March 1st winner for being the savior of xboxaddict.com is Ninja Scroll, our reason for living and breathing!:D

j/k;)

What about giving awards for certain titles? Like "winner for best Son of the boards"?

Skoot182 would win hands down! Just look at his classic siggy!:cool: That's my boy!.... btw, yo skoot- go get your Ninja father a cheeseburger or something,.. no .. make that a double!:D

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Have no fear, folks. Those of you who are not selected as a winner on Friday, will have another chance to win on Saturday...and again on Sunday....and again on Monday...and again.....

You get the idea. :)

Yeah, good to know everyone (well, just about) will be a winner for something!
How about that, it's like Jordan. He does something he loves to do for a living and gets payed for it!:p
I look at it that way around here. We love to be a part of the XBA team, and sometimes it can pay off with contest & prizes!
Go XBA Go!:)

skoot182
02-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Well d@mn Stephan, you might as well just say it now:
March 1st winner for being the savior of xboxaddict.com is Ninja Scroll, our reason for living and breathing!:D

j/k;)

What about giving awards for certain titles? Like "winner for best Son of the boards"?

Skoot182 would win hands down! Just look at his classic siggy!:cool: That's my boy!.... btw, yo skoot- go get your Ninja father a cheeseburger or something,.. no .. make that a double!:D

YAY!!!! I WIN!!!! :p
sure, whatever you say dad

.... ____
.... / . . . .\
.... /_.__._\
(The official)
(Cheese-)
(burger)
(of XBA)
\_____/

:D....

skoot182
02-28-2002, 02:23 PM
hmmmm, it didnt work :(

try http://www.mcdonalds.com, daddyo :D

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by skoot182

YAY!!!! I WIN!!!! :p
sure, whatever you say dad

.... ____
.... / . . . .\
.... /_.__._\
(The official)
(Cheese-)
(burger)
(of XBA)
\_____/

:D....

LMAO!!!:D That's my boy! ....skoot, you really know how to make your pops proud of you. Now go tell your moms to do my laundry, these 3 day old dirty ass boxer draws are killing me!
Ninja stains everywhere!! :o :o :o

:D

skoot182
02-28-2002, 02:56 PM
hmmmmm.....

................._____________
................|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
.............../......................\
............../........................\
............./............/\............\
............/..XBA...../..\.............\
.........../________/....\________\

I FIXED IT!!!! YAY!!!!!

skoot182
02-28-2002, 07:11 PM
here you go, T

http://www.skoot182.20m.com/PPA.jpg

Frostberg
02-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show
dam dude! this is gonna be sweet..why not give everyone a prize!

Basically...30 people will win...thats really a very big nmber...considering one prize a day, and like other Xbox sites have 1 contest a month...

rr9597
02-28-2002, 09:05 PM
You ever seen those, are they sweet or what!

fear_this
02-28-2002, 10:48 PM
I want the xbox addict underwear. :cool:

Mercury
02-28-2002, 10:58 PM
This will be cool. I hope the giveaways are fair.

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy-XBA
I cant wait to see what you all think about the giveaway!!! Im VERY excited for all of you!!! :D :D :D :D :D

D@mn you XBA mods, when you post stuff like this you know you are only making us all drool in anticaption for what the prizes and who will win them be!
This is getting eXciting!!!! :cool:

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by skoot182
hmmmmm.....

................._____________
................|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
.............../......................\
............../........................\
............./............/\............\
............/..XBA...../..\.............\
.........../________/....\________\

I FIXED IT!!!! YAY!!!!!

LMAO!!! skoot182 aka Ninja Junior! You never fail to amaze me son:D Now I can throw away these dirty 3 day old boxers I have for those sweet ass XBA bootleg,..er..um,.. I mean offical XBA Boxers you hooked me up with!:D

hehehehe, that's my boy!

HaloUK
03-01-2002, 05:11 AM
OK, It's the 1st, I'm here, whadoIdo?
(are your competitions open to people from the UK?)

HaloUK
03-01-2002, 07:26 AM
Great.. :mad:
So, to increase your chances of winning you should submit reviews etc.? What happens if you live in the UK and have to wait another two weeks before you even get an XBox?

I visit this site several times a day (it's even my homepage!) and won't even have a chance...

Creator
03-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by HaloUK
Great.. :mad:
So, to increase your chances of winning you should submit reviews etc.? What happens if you live in the UK and have to wait another two weeks before you even get an XBox?

I visit this site several times a day (it's even my homepage!) and won't even have a chance...

Yeah join the club:( :( :( :( :(

Creator
03-01-2002, 08:01 AM
i am here dam it , now give me my bag.. lol j/k

VAN
03-01-2002, 08:12 AM
Writing reviews is just one of many things that can help increase your odds of winning.

Theoretically, you all have exactly the same chance of winning a prize, but it is those people who take the time to increase their odds of winning who will reap the rewards. :)

Don't have a game? Well of course you can't review it, but you CAN post eXcitement comments and visit the other areas of the site to tip the odds in your favor. :)

Creator
03-01-2002, 08:29 AM
bummer i am behind a firewall at work and i cant even go in the chat room :mad: :mad: :mad:

FlyBoy
03-01-2002, 10:28 AM
This is an AWESOME contest... hats off to the XBOX staff and NAKI!

Xtopia
03-01-2002, 12:02 PM
This new giveaway is awesome! Seriously, thank you XBA! :D Isn't the life of an XBA member sweeeeet!:D (And no, I am not trying to suck up):rolleyes:

SIVEL
03-01-2002, 01:20 PM
Seeing as my birthday is March 31st and this is the 31 for 31 day giveaway. Oh mannn that would be so great I never won a thing in my life.

To see the rainbow you must put up with the rain!

http://www.drunknmunky.com/images/default_01.gif

Plewis
03-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
This new giveaway is awesome! Seriously, thank you XBA! :D Isn't the life of an XBA member sweeeeet!:D (And no, I am not trying to suck up):rolleyes:

sure you're not... on a completely different topic... i love Stephen, and Van, and MEC:cool: :D ;)

JimmieDoogan
03-01-2002, 01:26 PM
I just GURANTEED I WONT WIN! Ha...

Chr0nik
03-01-2002, 01:30 PM
I have blown so much money on lame titles such as RAW and Formula 1, my wallet could use a break.

E-Xbox
03-01-2002, 02:04 PM
hey
this is a sweet giveaway
thanks xba
good luck to all and hope u and i win

Cobra69
03-01-2002, 02:46 PM
I REALLY WANT A G-PAK hopefully they I can get one:)

Plewis
03-01-2002, 03:00 PM
welcome cobra. I got a question about the contest staff... if we have reviewed games before... does that still give us better chances of winning? Or does it have to be in that certain day?

Plewis
03-01-2002, 07:22 PM
when do we find out who won?

egg
03-01-2002, 07:54 PM
I guess I will just find out that I won when they email me :) :)

monkeyman
03-01-2002, 09:15 PM
man im an idiot:(

Plewis
03-01-2002, 09:49 PM
did all u guys get an email saying CONGRATULATIONS, and asking for your address and everything? Or did i just win:eek:

monkeyman
03-01-2002, 09:59 PM
im an idiot so i cant tell if your joking or not

Plewis
03-01-2002, 10:05 PM
not joking. I did like 13 excitement ratings TODAY, and over the past week i have done like 6 game reviews. Stephen did send me an email though, saying i passed phase one... and asking for personal info

Frostberg
03-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Arg, I wish I fully understood this contest..so it is random, but you get more "entries" by helping out XBA in all of those areas? And when are winners posted?

Plewis
03-01-2002, 11:24 PM
dude u won??

I think so... i hope so...

Sangha
03-01-2002, 11:31 PM
this may sound rude but i hope u didnt..i was here for a long time and i wanna wIN!!!!:mad:

BUT if u did win Congrats

Don't worry if he won, you still have 30 more chances!!!

Plewis
03-01-2002, 11:48 PM
this may sound rude but i hope u didnt..i was here for a long time and i wanna wIN!!!!:mad:

BUT if u did win Congrats

I have been around longer, and have more posts;) and i really wanted to win... but i mostly stay in the debate areas so u prob dont know me that well

VAN
03-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Okay guys, allow me to attempt to clear up some of the confusion.

Firstly, we will announce the winners as soon as we have verified that they are in fact a winner....usually the day after.

Plewis, you were the only one to receive that email, so congratulations on passing Phase I of the process.

Heres how it works:

Phase I: Each day, our script monitors member activity. Those members who participate frequently in the forums, chat lounge, add news, reviews, comments, etc and visit some "secret areas" are all put into a list of "qualified candidates" for that days giveaway. From that list, the script will choose, at random, one member to be that days winner. Once a member wins, he cannot win a second time. This does NOT mean that you must post a review AND visit the Chat Lounge, AND add eXcitement Comments AND the XBA Arcade in order to be selected, though more participation does equal more of a chance at being selected. :)

Once a member has been selected, the script automatically sends an email notice to the selected person (in this case it was plewis) and provides them with further instructions.

This first email notice is NOT a guarantee that you have won, rather it is a notice that you have passed "Phase I". Therefore, Plewis has met the above defined criteria by his site participation.

This first email also requests information such as mailing address, and email address so that we can further eliminate duplicate winners. We have taken every possible precaution to ensure that this month long giveaway is fair, and that winners cannot be selected more than once.

All that remains for Plewis to be announced the winner, is "Phase II.

Phase II: The XBA Staff personally verifies that users activity for validity. If Plewis were to simply post 50 game reviews containing limited text such as "this game sucks", we would deem that an attempt to "fool the script" into thinking they had been more active, and we would then award the prize to the next qualified candidate. Make sense?

After Phase II (verification) is complete (should take 24 hours) the member will receive a second email, confirming that they are the winner, and we will post their name on the site. :)

Frostberg
03-02-2002, 12:00 AM
it doesnt matter about that stuff, this is a giveaway...but if you just register and have 0 posts you dont have any reviews or anything like that then there is no chance you will win...but there are like 60 people who have a good chance to win...but thats cool because there are 30 prizes!

Frostberg
03-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Woah VAN, so this is day-by-day? As in if I did a review yesterday (which I did) it doesnt count? So how does the XBA main page know me? It doesnt know me when I open the chat room or post a review or a comment...

VAN
03-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
So how does the XBA main page know me? It doesnt know me when I open the chat room or post a review or a comment...

You must login with your username and PW to post a review, add comments, or enter the Chat Lounge. If you do something on this site, we'll know about it. :)

Frostberg
03-02-2002, 12:15 AM
yeah but how did you know I visited the Arcade?

Frostberg
03-02-2002, 12:40 AM
well then you cant participate in the contest.

Frostberg
03-02-2002, 08:49 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/contests/

Rule 4. Persons that are or have been banned, or caused trouble in the past or present at XboxAddict.com are ineligible.

So if I were you, I wouldnt be advertising I was banned

Plewis
03-02-2002, 09:35 AM
i thought i'd probably win sometime, but i didn't think i would have won on the first day!:eek: its cool! F'n Show... u r right u r my elder on these forums so :)

E-Xbox
03-02-2002, 10:23 AM
congrats plewis

Koopa
03-02-2002, 10:38 AM
*sniffle*i wanted that carrying bag thingie

*drops xbox on plewis's head*

*steals carrying bag thingie*

*eats some breakfast*

Sangha
03-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Congratulations Plewis.

Originally posted by Frostberg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/contests/

Rule 4. Persons that are or have been banned, or caused trouble in the past or present at XboxAddict.com are ineligible.

So if I were you, I wouldnt be advertising I was banned

I don't think he was banned, I'm pretty sure he just changed his name.

monkeyman
03-02-2002, 12:31 PM

want a cookie??:D

yes!!!!!!!:D

monkeyman
03-02-2002, 02:31 PM
passes monkeyman a cookie

and congrats PLewis:D

thank you i wonder if i will win one of those babies

KirbyDeedlit
03-02-2002, 04:26 PM
juji fruit

Plewis
03-02-2002, 09:56 PM
I win the contest and get to 500 posts IN THE SAME DAY! This is my best xba day ever!:eek: :cool: :D :)

monkeyman
03-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Plewis whats your secret?

gula
03-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

Yeah what is your secret?

*slips him a crisp George Washing* Eh Eh? :D

Plewis
03-02-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

caffine... lots of caffine:eek: , I just did as many exitement ratings as I could, review every game I've played (and still mantain quality), except for Genma Onimusha, post some in the forum... do a couple news comments... My biggest secret was going to all the old news articles, and stuff like that... because they say ur put in the hat if you go to "secret places"... it might not of mattered if i did it, but hey... I WON didn't I. BTW-Stephen and Van... if you want you can test it out... put a couple games in it, and just not take them out before you send it;) :D

FlyBoy
03-03-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gula

Yeah what is your secret?

*slips him a crisp George Washing* Eh Eh? :D

Wow! A whole dollar bill!?! You're too kind gula... LOL, jk:cool: