PDA

View Full Version : Plantronics X30 Review

CoLoXBoXFReaK
04-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I just got the new Plantronics x30 headset and have put it through a few hours of halo 2 and burnout 360. After the initial 5 minute WTF is in my ear phase, I totally loved this thing. The way it fits in your ear take some getting used to.

The mic seemed to filter out my music playing in the background as my teammates couldn't hear it and could only hear the shrill sound that is my voice. Everything came across clean and clear . The volume and mute controls are a little on the small side but work adequately well.

If you want a replacement for the stock POS pick this one up. I got mine from gamestop for 29.99.

Slam Dunker
04-12-2006, 03:55 AM
I'm pretty sure i know which one your talking about but could you post a pic or a link please? If it's the one im thinking of, i hope it comes to NZ soon because it looks awesome! :hump:

CRAYMAN
04-12-2006, 10:18 AM
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/gaming/products/x30_360/index.jhtml

:sleeping:

Slam Dunker
04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Yep, Thanks for the link. Dam i cant wait till it comes to NZ

ShadedNine
04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Looks nice, but I still prefer having a full PC gaming headset, and having both music and voice coming through the headphones.

mrmp3
04-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Looks nice, but I still prefer having a full PC gaming headset, and having both music and voice coming through the headphones.

That's true, I really wish there was a way to incorporate headphones/headset for console.

I'm glad this things got some good noise cancelling though, I notice everytime I use my stereo system and not just my TV speakers people complain they hear an echo on and off. And if I can find it for $29.99 that'd be a steal.

wulkar
04-13-2006, 02:03 PM
looks good but i acually like the stock one.

if it breaks on me (which it will they all do) i will go get this one.

ShadedNine
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
That's true, I really wish there was a way to incorporate headphones/headset for console.

I'm glad this things got some good noise cancelling though, I notice everytime I use my stereo system and not just my TV speakers people complain they hear an echo on and off. And if I can find it for $29.99 that'd be a steal.

There is. It just involves a little diy wiring.

Mwright
04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
im gonna have to disagree with this guy. i bought this yesterday after i had enough with the stock mic and i thought it was going to be great. It looks cool but after you get it you question urself why did you just pay 30 dollars for it. it is really small and moving the boom that the mic is on is hard and if feels like if you move it too much it will break.the ear peice is painful. you can either hear them great or not at all and you find urself during a PGR race fixing the damn thing than you do on racing. I went back and bought the stock headseat and after using a different mic i found out its not soo bad. it looks better on the 360 controller and it just doesnt hurt you as much. Stick with the Stock...best word of advice....