PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI who's picking it up???

BIGHARV
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Not exactly sure when it's coming out. Some sites say on the 14th today or the 18th. Regardless I know I am pumped for this game. I've played every other FF exept for this one because I didn't really want to buy a 100$ (canadian) for a hardrive that I would of only used for this game ontop of buying this 70$ game. Thats a lot of money for a broke college student. I am happy that I waited for the 360 version. Just wondering if anyone else is pumped for this MMO.

BuLLsEyEWTF
04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I really liked the demo, but i'm not spending money every month to play it :(

CarGuy
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I played it when it came out on PS2. After getting addicted for about a month reality set and and I asked myself "What am I doing? then my time with that game came to an immediate halt. I wouldn't recommend it. It's time consuming and ultimately not rewarding. I did have some fun moments with other players when things were going good. I hope if anyone picks this up they find some good friends on there because partying ican be horrible with the wrong people.

Jelloman653
04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
first there is the lack of a keyboard. i believe you can buy one for the 360, but it's probably expensive. so if you don't get the keyboard, you can't talk on live. the game doesn't support the communticator for some reason. so communicating is a problem. plus there is the monthly fee. as stated by BuLLsEyEWTF. so overall it probably isn't the best choice for a broke college student. but if you want it, go ahead and buy it.

CarGuy
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
first there is the lack of a keyboard. i believe you can buy one for the 360, but it's probably expensive. so if you don't get the keyboard, you can't talk on live. the game doesn't support the communticator for some reason. so communicating is a problem. plus there is the monthly fee. as stated by BuLLsEyEWTF. so overall it probably isn't the best choice for a broke college student. but if you want it, go ahead and buy it.

The xbox 360 has USB ports. Have a USB keyboard? It'll work.

BIGHARV
04-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I didn't even know about the lack of communication and the monthly feas. You might be right this is out of my league. Why did I have to go to college???:confused:

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, any USB keyboard will work. This keyboard I am using right now worked with the demo even.

But $15 a month to play this game online...NO THANK YOU.

mrmp3
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, any USB keyboard will work. This keyboard I am using right now worked with the demo even.

But $15 a month to play this game online...NO THANK YOU.

Yea the game is too old to warrant a $15 a month fee. All that extra stuff, like e-mail, etc. should be optional so u can get the fee down a bit. Trust me, I'm waiting for Huxley or Vanguard (if it isn't cancelled).

BuLLsEyEWTF
04-18-2006, 06:52 PM
See as of right now, the only game I would possibly pay a monthly fee for on xbox would if they had a sweet classic like Diablo 2 Online. That game was tight.

Go420Dawgs
04-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Diablo 2 was the ****. I want a diablo 3!

Unreal
04-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I have a hard time paying that much a month for a game I wont be able to put the time into.

Highlite23
04-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Well I picked it up for the sole purpose of a review, you get 30 days included and the 3 expansion packs. The monthly fee is $12.95 for one ID, each additional ID is $1.00.

As stated, any USB keyboard will work, the nice thing about the packaging is they included a real detailed keybord cheat sheet as well as the controler functions.

I was a little hesitant about this, yes because its an older game, but I need to give it a fair chance to justify the cost. If the entertainment level is there it might be worth the $12.95.

Of course this is an individual choice, personally, I will never pay for more than 1 game at a time (Monthly Fee). Currently i'm still enthrauled in COH/COV, my current subscription ends in June so well see if FFXI is strong enough to take its place.

I have played all the FF games through X, so I owe it to mself to find out for myself. Keep an eye out for the review, and I'll try and drop a few tid bits as I play.

Highlite23
04-21-2006, 07:09 AM
News from the front...

Definatly get a USB keyboard, buy one, borrow one or steal one, setting up all the registration is insane with a controller.

Bring a cold drink and a book, to forever to download and set up, so much so I went to bed and left my system running.

Get ready to give up 6GB of hard drive space.

Hopefully tonight I'll actually start playing. :)

Smiley7853
04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Been wanting to play this one for a while. I Played it on P.C. and had a blast. In like the first ten miniutes I jopined a linkshell and made like 3 close friends that are cool as hell. on the downside, if you want to be a cat person, there is no male of this species....Lesbians????!!