PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on COD2 !!

Slam Dunker
04-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Well i have been playing the campaign on Veteran diffiuclty in the hope of getting 1000 gamer points for the game...but...i am up to the level "The Silo" on D-Day and can't seem to finish it...I keep getting killed or having to restart because i kill my team members. I tried the same mission for about an hour and a half with no luck. (i have completed objective A but can't seem to progress from there) I got so angry that i punched a hole in the wall which i now have to arrange to get repaired.

I was wondering if anyone else has struggled on this mission and could offer me some tips or advice, not looking for any cheats just a few straregies. Thanks

:cheers:

SinisterDonkey
04-15-2006, 10:03 AM
I have the same problem only on another level i've done russian campaign on verteran and tank squadrens. I would say take advantage of everything you have in the game. Theres also alot of stuff you need to remember like reloading and smoke grenades.

Whisper
04-15-2006, 04:30 PM
The Silo is quite difficult, probably the 2nd hardest mission to get through. Hill 400 is ****ing insane, especially the last couple parts of it on top of the hill.

Silo is just a VERY slow moving map. Slow, but you have to be swift.. because enemies will respawn in the buildings if you're not in them and wait too long outside. Which part of Silo specifically are you stuck on? Which building? Let me know the building and I'll let you know how I finally beat it.

Slam Dunker
04-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok, I have just been playing and i finally got another objective. I don't think it will be too difficult from here on in but I will post if i get stuck again. As for hill 400, i'm pretty sure i won't be able to pass it because i was having a bit of difficulty even when i played it on normal. How exactly did you pass Hill 400 because i found that they just kept comming from everywhere and i could never keep track of where they were.

:cheers: for all the help.

Edit: Thanks for the tip on the enimies respawning, i thought they did respawn but i wasn't sure so thanks.

EMX
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I just beat COD2 today. I've been playing it on and off since January. Great game, but the ending?:confused: Not so good.

Jelloman653
04-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Ok, I have just been playing and i finally got another objective. I don't think it will be too difficult from here on in but I will post if i get stuck again. As for hill 400, i'm pretty sure i won't be able to pass it because i was having a bit of difficulty even when i played it on normal. How exactly did you pass Hill 400 because i found that they just kept comming from everywhere and i could never keep track of where they were.

:cheers: for all the help.

Edit: Thanks for the tip on the enimies respawning, i thought they did respawn but i wasn't sure so thanks.

one way to take down a lot of nazis in a short amount of time is to find an MP44 and use the scoped G43. it is a very efficent combo. if you can't find the scoped G43, its in the second room you blow open with explosives. just continue to snipe the nazis and use the MP44 when you come into close contact with those kraut poop heads. good luck!

Whisper
04-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Hill 400 will be the most frustrating gaming experience of your life. Probably.

Getting to the top of the Hill is quite easy.. it will just be slow moving.. maybe a few deaths.. but there is lots to cover under.. once you get to the top though, and you already know this, there is no escape.. there is no cover.

You will have to just take all the deaths, and learn where they're rushing from.. because its always the same. For the love of god save all your smoke grenades.. you will need them for the last part before a checkpoint.. remember when you got near the front door of the bunker, and there was lots of guys out front guarding it.. well don't count on getting near the front of the door on Vet... I used all 4 smokes to shield everything.. and just walked through the smoke into the bunker to blow through.. once you're in there, your guys will do much of the fighting (and winning) outside.. you just need to kill the bunker guys.. much easier..

Then though, part 2.. sniping the mortar crews.. goodluck with that.. considering all the counter snipers..

I really can't help you... just please try not to throw your controller into the wall on your 100th death.

CENCEE
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Hill 400 will be the most frustrating gaming experience of your life. Probably.

Getting to the top of the Hill is quite easy.. it will just be slow moving.. maybe a few deaths.. but there is lots to cover under.. once you get to the top though, and you already know this, there is no escape.. there is no cover.

You will have to just take all the deaths, and learn where they're rushing from.. because its always the same. For the love of god save all your smoke grenades.. you will need them for the last part before a checkpoint.. remember when you got near the front door of the bunker, and there was lots of guys out front guarding it.. well don't count on getting near the front of the door on Vet... I used all 4 smokes to shield everything.. and just walked through the smoke into the bunker to blow through.. once you're in there, your guys will do much of the fighting (and winning) outside.. you just need to kill the bunker guys.. much easier..

Then though, part 2.. sniping the mortar crews.. goodluck with that.. considering all the counter snipers..

I really can't help you... just please try not to throw your controller into the wall on your 100th death.

Man, just thinking about Hill 400 gives me a headache!!!

"Stg. Randall!!! The guns r gone.... WHAT???

that Mortar crew was easy compare to Hill 400... but i wish this guy good luck!

*Whisper*

NHL playoffs this weekend!!!

I have a funny feeling NY is going to get eliminated in da 1st rnd.

Who u got to go all the way?

Slam Dunker
04-20-2006, 05:26 AM
(I know this post is long but try to bare with me as i was so dam pumped after finishing the game :whistle: )

Well today is a big day for be as a gamer. No longer am i "Stuck on COD2" for today at 10:01pm NZ time i finally finished Hill 400! I must say that i doubted whether i could complete the mission as i had been chipping away at it the whole day inching my way up the hill bit by bit. So let me tell you a bit about the marathon i have just undertaken. I cleared the last bunker a top the infamous hill and it was then i knew...for the true test of my skill was about to begin...The 5 minutes began to tcik away is if each second was an hour, untill i heard the Gearman battle cry comming up the hill. I positioned myself behind a low crate with my mp44 in hand and a springfield for back up. All of a sudden the Kraut bast*rds were comming for everywhere, i jumped up from my hiding place addreniline pumping through ever inch of my tense body...this was it...the one moment where i could either obliterate the enemy or fall amongst my comrades and surrender the Hill to the Germans. With one great deep breath i wrenched the trigger and let rip the blaze of death upon the German scum that was the Nazi attack force. They were dropping like flies arround me as i pumped more and more bullets into the already blood spilt earth, i was hopping around the battle field like a mad rabbit trying to defend myself the best way i knew how, comming from every direction with no signs of letting up but they were overwhelming me...i couldn't keep up it was then i knew the Springfield would be no use to me, i ran over to a crate with the Rocket Launcher and loaded up. There were to points at which the Germans were massing, the West and the South so i fired my loaded rocket into the West side of the bunker, no time to spare i quickly swapped to the Mp44 and again began filling the Germans with my bullets of cold death.

Love to write more but i have now calmed down since finishing the mission and i feel drained and lifeless. Basically i got through the entire 5 minutes only dying 3 times, twice to a granade and once to the German Mp44 took care of the tanks with the rocket launcher and am now the happiest gamer alive :D In summary Hill 400 was not the hardest sub-mission as i found the silo alot harder. All in all i died many times getting up to the Hill but once i was defending it i seemed to have been prepared. Strange as i thought i would never finish it...but hey, i was pleasently surprised.

Big thanks to Wisper for the tip on the respawning enimies, and to everyone else who wish me good luck :D and of course i gotta thank Infantary Ward for the creation of the wonderful and gripping game.