PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield vs GRAW vs Far Cry on LIVE?

BIGHARV
04-17-2006, 06:55 AM
I baught Battlefield yesterday and personaly I think it is one step a head of GRAW. Mostly because of the vehicles but the graphics are a little better in my opinion. Also I find the controls to be a bit looser and the gameplay a little bit faster with a lot more viriety. I still love to play GRAW though but I think Battlefield is going to be my dominating game on xbox live. I've also tried the multiplayer in Far CRY on live and to tell you the truth I was very content with it. The controls are the same ad Halo (grenades with the left trigger, mellee with the "B" button). Far Cry also has breathtaking graphics. Any FPS fan must own a 360, it's like a little piece of heaven.

CENCEE
04-17-2006, 08:27 AM
i am waiting for Battlefield to arrive from Gamefly... i played it this weekend @ a freinds house and i was shock that i had slip on this game!

i love the fast pass of it!

better graphics too!

Slam Dunker
04-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I voted for Far Cry simply because i haven't played it and didn't like BF:MC or GRAW.

GRAW was a very slow moving game and i found the controlls very hard to get used to after playing COD2 (which should be on the list :cuss: ). It was a great tatical *spelling* shooter and i can't fault it at that.

I played the BF:MC demo and i found that the only thing i enjoyed was racing around in the hummers and trying to run people over. Sure i rushed into the game, didn't find out the controls or the point of the game, but i prefer to learn as i go (training missions are awesome). The game just didn't press my buttons, then again i never was a big BF fan.

I have heard a lot of great things about Far Cry and can't wait till i get a chance to play it.

IMO - COD2 is the best shooter for the 360 :hail:

BIGHARV
04-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Ya your right COD2 should be on the list. But I was making the poll for recent games. I love COD2, just for the record.

CrazyCougar
04-17-2006, 10:43 AM
For me, its still GRAW. I find that Battlefield 2 feels more like an aracdey shooter than anything else. The game is fun to play but to me it just doesnt hold the attention span for me that GRAW does. I'll play BF2 to get some achievements and some fun for about a week, but it'll go back to gamefly once I am done I am sure.

Far Cry, I didnt like the Xbox version so havent even bothered to try out the 360 version.

Jelloman653
04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
BF2 is very good, in fact i love it. but Far Cry stole my l33t heartzorz. i love the map editor capability of the game. playing people on custom maps was a good idea for Ubisoft to explore. it paid off. so FC gets my vote.

l Maximus l
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I voted for GRAW only because it's the only one I've played so far :D

ll Mista GT ll
04-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I voted GRAW. I have had all of the games, but I think Graw sounds sexier.

Shawn-XBA
04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I like all of them on live, but I like GRAW the most

CrazyCougar
04-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I played Battlefield today for the 360 and while there are subtle differences its really the same game as on the Xbox with enhanced graphics. So I definitely stick with my vote on GRAW.

TheCovenant
04-17-2006, 09:39 PM
graw is way too good for it to be dethroned by a ported rehash.

mrmp3
04-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I loved BF:MC2 on Xbox (played the hell out of that demo like I did with this one) but they made some changes that don't sit well with me. For one, the damage and blast radius of the C4 for the Special Ops class is severely diminished along with the throwing power. Since the silenced SMG is fairly weak in power compared to the Assault Rifle, it was a good defence against both people and vehicles. However, it now takes like 3 to kill a fully armored tank and he pretty much drops it right in front of him, no arm whatsoever. While not making him totally useless, the Special Ops, doing car bombing (i.e. lacing a humvee with C4, hopping out, and detonating it) is way to hard and kills a lot less. However, the game is very approachable. GRAW on the other hand, in terms of competitive Live play, people got good fast and its impossible to keep up with people. I rented it as soon as I could and I'm pretty decent, but all my friends who tried it after me (and my brother) were just getting gunned down so quick. And GRAW definitely wins in the graphics department, not sure why anyone would disagree (lack of HD maybe?). I haven't tried Far Cry, but I do love map editors (sweet, sweet Timesplitters). Think GRAW holds the Live crown by a hair against BF:MC2, but both are really fun online (whereas GRAW is fun offline and BF:MC2..eh...not so much).

l Maximus l
04-17-2006, 09:57 PM
How is Far Cry? That game looks very intriguing...and how would you all compare it to GRAW from a sheer fun standpoint?

mkat
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM
GRAW is an oustanding game, in both looks and fun. i had a blast playing it, so much that i only played aobut 30 minutes a day so i could drag out the fun-ness of it.

only bad thing...the final bad guy presented no challenge at all. i shot him, he fell, the end.

BIGHARV
04-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Ya the last level in Graw was kinda lame. But on Live the fun never stops.