PDA

View Full Version : Is our Big Black Box being ignored?

Highlite23
04-17-2006, 10:13 PM
How many of you feel like th original Xbox is being ignored, not just in the games, but news, and hype?

The original Xbox still has alot of life in it, and I hope MS ralizes that and doesn't ignore it to much, along with other developers.

How do you Xbox owners feel, those of you who havn't made the step twords the 360?

l Maximus l
04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Doh! I made the step...wrong thread.....:D

Actually, I would still like to say that since I have owned a 360, I haven't looked back at the black and green beauty....I tend to move on when I get a new system. This started back in the days of Comodore and Intellevision...moving on to Atari, Nintendo, etc....

tsrdawg
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
good topic...

I still believe that xbox2 was forced upon us...
.Xbox2 came out about 12-18 months too soon...Hell, I still play DOA3, JSRF, Halo, Crimson Skies...Halo 2 is still the best XBL game when you can bypass the cheaters and immature suckas...and, I have been told that the original black box may not have the pretty graphics like xbox2...but xbox is less likely to overheat and still potent enough to surprise you with its capabilities...
I agree that the games are still refreshing and still evolving...and, honestly, I m not about to spend 500-600 bucks on xbox2 and its limited library of games...and I sure as heyo aint comin out the pocket for 60-70 bucks games that may suck(thats 6 months of my DSL bill!!)...I will definitely wait for the 1st or 2nd price drop...by then, most of the bugs from earlier versions of xbox2 will be fixed(and maybe theyll have larger HD too)
by holding on to the original black box, I can pickup great games for cheap...chaos theory for 15 bucks....outlaw golf 2 for 10 bucks...
only drawback is that, with the exceptions of Halo 2 and NFL2K5, it's tough to find online matches with less popular games...
The original black box is a classic console...please help its greatness to live on...

scozzard
04-18-2006, 06:11 AM
well we only just got the xbox360 the other day here in New Zealand. I havent gone out and purchased one yet, I intend to soon, but in my opinion that big ol' black and green beast is still as sexy as the day i bought it and no one can take that away from it, no one

SamSmith
04-18-2006, 09:52 AM
If I coulndn´t afford the 360, or didn´t manage to get it I might have looked on in pitty at the original gathering dust.... But that´s not the case.

I respect the original xbox, but I think it should be left to die really.

Max33
04-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Well I'm a frugal individual (cheap bastard) and plan on sticking with my xbox for another year,sucking up all the games I couldent afford to buy upon their inital release,which is alot.I probably wont get a 360 until it either drops significantly in price or the library develops enough that I cant resist any longer.

BIGHARV
04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh ya mine has been ignored. I haven't even thought of turning it on. I'm way to occupied with oblivion and battlefield 2 right now.

ll Mista GT ll
04-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I put mine packed upunder my bed. I don't care. The only game I play for Xbox is Halo 2, and I can play that on Xbox 360. Its obviously going to disappear soon.

Tony_Macaroni
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
i dont hae 360 yet ... sometimes i forget it exists.

Xorg
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't have a 360, and I don't really need one. All I play is halo, so I figured, whats the differece. The only game I really wanted was oblivion, and I got that for the pc.

l Maximus l
04-21-2006, 02:19 AM
I don't have a 360, and I don't really need one. All I play is halo, so I figured, whats the differece. The only game I really wanted was oblivion, and I got that for the pc.

Oh man, bro...you're really missing out with GRAW...the game ownz...I haven't even thought of Halo 2 since this game...I freakin' love it and GRAW, all by itself, was the remedy to my Halo obsession. It's un-freakin' believable (pun 100% intended) :D

Salmonaitor
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
My Original Xbox has now been passed down to my kids. It's nice to see them enjoying it, and it's always there in case a buddy comes ove and wants to play Halo or something. I loved that Xbox, it opened a whole new social circle for me (online and offline). Some of the nicest people I've met since highschool became good friends because of my Xbox, and for that I'm thankful.

As far as games go, I'm not sure why many developers would continue to make them. Yes there is a market for them, so I guess as long as they are getting sufficient revenue, it's still a good thing, but personally I'm hooked on my 360, and some really awesome titles are coming out for it now, and that excites me.

CrazyCougar
04-21-2006, 09:40 AM
My 3 Xbox's have moved on. 1 was used as a trade in for the 360. And the other 2 belong to my kids and they thoroughly enjoy it. I think the Xbox is meeting the same fate that the PS2 will meet once the PS3 comes out. Its pretty much inevitable because most consumers will go for the newer product on the market. I havent played an Xbox game in months, but absolutely love my 360 and play it every day!

wulkar
04-21-2006, 11:58 AM
i made the step but at a cost.

i sold my xbox and all of its games

i get what your saying though i havent heard anything about the xbox since the 360 came out

Ninjermy
04-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmmm thats a good question. I remember when PS2 came out the PS1 managed to stay very successful for a long time, but I have to say because the technology leap from the xbox to the xbox 360 has caused me to really start ignoring my xbox just because the technology is outdated and this day and age, graphics are everything (in MY opinion).

Salmonaitor
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it says alot that backwards compatibility was a feature of the 360. The list was pretty good when it came out, but the fact that the list is increasing really says a lot about microsoft and their commitment to their supporters. They are there to help people transition from the xbox to the xbox360, but there's no question that the goal is to sell the new console.

LoneVector
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm holding out another year before purchasing the 360. That's just me. However, there are still a few games scheduled for release on the original Xbox (Scarface, MK: Armageddon, and numerous multi-platform releases like Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Hitman: Blood Money). It's only natural that the new system is garnering all the attention, and Microsoft would be certifiable to commit anymore revenue to an 'obsolete' system when they've got so much riding on the success of the 360. There is still a lot of great gaming on the old platform and you should enjoy it for all the high quality games in it's library. Let's face it, with the PS3 and Revolution ready to drop you'll being hearing less and less about the Xbox in favor of these new, powerful consoles. They're the future of gaming, afterall. Progress is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow, but necessary nonetheless...

Shadow20002
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I was getting a laptop instead of picking a Xbox 360 so now, i still playing Xbox.

Jelloman653
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
i still have an xbox, and yes i do believe it is being ignored. i subscribe to Official Xbox Magizine(if any of you do you'll know what i'm talking about) and they come out every month with a demo disk. and i've noticed that the amount of original xbox demos are declining. about 80% of the demos are for the 360. since i don't own one(:cuss: ) i can't enjoy the demos as much as i used to be able to. so yes i do think slowly and painfully, the xbox will fade into the closets of gaming consoles.

Overburdened
04-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I've had a 360 since launch day, but I still play my original Xbox all the time...