PDA

View Full Version : Oblivon on PSP and PS3!!!

BIGHARV
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Rumors are stating that this might be a possibility. I don't know about you guys but I would love to play Oblivon on the road with my psp, it would keep me busy for hours.

Overburdened
04-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I read that yesterday. But I'm wondering, how are they possibly going to port that game over to the PSP? Is that even possible? If so, they'd probably have to really water it down...

killerscott
04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
i dont see many possibilities for the psp. For the PS3 perhaps. But who cares?

swivel
04-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Some guys already created a mod for Oblivion that runs on skimpy hardware, 1.5 Ghz CPU, 256MB RAM, and DirectX 8 video card. They knocked all the textures and effects down. So I'm sure it can be done for a portable. I think the PSP is as strong as the PS2, so it would just be a dumbed-down game, graphically.

My feeling is that these versions will be very different by the time the PS3 comes out. I'd wager that a full expansion will be available by then that the PS3 will get out of the box and the XBox2 and PC get as an add-on.

By then there should be some other great RPG's competing for our attention as well. I hope.

CarGuy
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
It's on cel phones... its not going to be a direct port folks..

thunderkiss2k1
04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
According to this link, Bethesda has no plans to release any other versions of Oblivion except for the 360 and PC versions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64103

swivel
04-27-2006, 05:41 AM
According to this link, Bethesda has no plans to release any other versions of Oblivion except for the 360 and PC versions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64103

I think we've been burned by these promises too many times in the past... Halo will never be ported to the PC, GTA will be a PS2 exclusive, a few GameCube games were said to never move from that system...

These are like the promises of young college basketball stars, who promise that they are not going to the NBA or NFL... then the money is discussed with them behind closed doors and *whoooooosh*.

CarGuy
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I think we've been burned by these promises too many times in the past... Halo will never be ported to the PC, GTA will be a PS2 exclusive, a few GameCube games were said to never move from that system...

These are like the promises of young college basketball stars, who promise that they are not going to the NBA or NFL... then the money is discussed with them behind closed doors and *whoooooosh*.

Yea, suprisingly game companies are in the business of making money. I lost faith in humanity once I discovered that.. :D

SamSmith
04-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I seriously doubt it would be even possible to port a game of this size onto the psp.

mattgame
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
I really don't have the time now so the news doesn't move me at all.

swivel
04-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Yea, suprisingly game companies are in the business of making money. I lost faith in humanity once I discovered that.. :D

I hope you weren't implying that I am against the cross-platforming, because I'm not. I wish every single game would come out on every single platform. I'm not a fanboy, I'm a gamer, and I want everyone to have fun.

I especially want the companies to make big profits so that they will continue to make games. That's why I bemoan the rampant piracy that goes on with PC gamers.