PDA

View Full Version : Great new idea for oblivion (READ)

SinisterDonkey
04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok as we all no Oblivion is not an online game. But i have a great idea of how it could be a great online RPG.

We all no the Imperial City Arena, it could be used for ranked matches online. It would be great, you could form Clans and have ranked matches, for example 5 wins and you advance to a Brawler. You could also have a Champion of the Arena, and Hero ranks can play the champion. So how about it?

Salmonaitor
04-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Ok as we all no Oblivion is not an online game. But i have a great idea of how it could be a great online RPG.

We all no the Imperial City Arena, it could be used for ranked matches online. It would be great, you could form Clans and have ranked matches, for example 5 wins and you advance to a Brawler. You could also have a Champion of the Arena, and Hero ranks can play the champion. So how about it?
That's using your noodle. It would be cool, and would definately add another dimension to an already great game. I wonder if they could do it?? Nice idea S.D.! :cheers:

Shawn-XBA
04-28-2006, 10:43 AM
That's using your noodle. It would be cool, and would definately add another dimension to an already great game. I wonder if they could do it?? Nice idea S.D.! :cheers:

I agree

SamSmith
04-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Email oblivion maker peeps, maybe they'll get thinking.

SinisterDonkey
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
lol whats their addy (giggle)

wulkar
04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
i dont like it i am a pver not a pvper

Slam Dunker
04-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I think this would be a great idea for Oblivion. But IMO they should have made it an MMORPG from the get go. With level rankings and all that jazz. I still like Oblivion (even though i don't own it) but i would like to see a little more online action.

Mitchell
05-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Wait until they meet my imperial knight... This would be a very good idea.

CarGuy
05-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Bad idea.

NINE BREAKER
05-03-2006, 06:56 PM
That's a great idea. I would love to see something like that come out.

Infraredragon
05-06-2006, 08:01 PM
It wouldn't work,sorry.Read the FAQ below.

www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_faq.htm

And even if they could do it it would take up to much space.
But it was a cool idea.

Codefox
05-09-2006, 01:33 AM
I think this would be a great idea for Oblivion. But IMO they should have made it an MMORPG from the get go. With level rankings and all that jazz. I still like Oblivion (even though i don't own it) but i would like to see a little more online action.

Oh god no. I just spent the last year and a half on World of Warcraft but cancelled once I got Oblivion. There is no such thing as an MMORPG. There is no "RPG" in those games. They're fun for what they are but Oblivion is an epic adventure.

Now, what I would like is multiplayer along the lines of what Icewind Dale had and be able to go adventuring with a few friends. With the XBL built in communication...that would be a fun game.

Fargoth
05-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I would have to say its an ok idea it would probaly be better if they made ever one start with new chars because alot of people cheat and whats supposed to happen when you die?

J3bus WTF
05-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Bad idea.
Care to explain why? I think it would be really cool.

SinisterDonkey
05-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I think it could use a bit of further manegment, but its just an idea and im sure the Oblivion makers would take care of the idea.

Nurb
05-16-2006, 12:59 PM
it would be fun, but it would take a lot of work:

-weapon balances
-class balances, An Ilussionist/conjuration hybrid can paralyze someone and summon a deadroth for a super easy kill, same goes for an woodelf archer with enchanted bow and arrow
-enchanted items would be superior, but to get enchanted items, you'd need sigil stones, and those are gone if you beat the main quest.
-sheild = insta-recoil. people would refuse to make a swing and matches become boring
-too easy to cheat. You can use the console (on PC version) to edit your stats

most devs hate the balancing act, and I'm glad there's finally a fun single player RPG(ish) game out there. Sure, there's no satisfaction in completing the main quest or guilds, but getting there is fun. MMO's offer no sense of 'I am GOD here!" when playing because you're balanced against everyone else and always lose to someone who spends 12 hours a day on them. In a single player, I can make others fear me :D While the arena would be awesome as an online thingy, it'd be hard to get it playable

SamSmith
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Care to explain why? I think it would be really cool.

He was just trying to be cool with teh internet sarcasm.

FatBox
05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
He was just trying to be cool with teh internet sarcasm.
I don't know what I would do if I wasn't cool on the internet, because if I wasn't then that means I am not cool at all.