PDA

View Full Version : Brothers in Arms 3: hells highway= WOW

TheCovenant
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
CHeck out the trailer, on ign episode 9 tonight. The trailer appears for approximatly one minute at the beggining of the episode, so you dont have to watch it if you dont want, however, it does contain a nice interview with the creators. The unreal engine 3 based ww2 shooter looks very impressive, and can't wait for some e3 media to start flowing in.

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

Keep in mind, this is realtime footage.

Mwright
04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Very nice find...always have been my fav WWII shooters and cant wait for this one...

Koopa
04-29-2006, 10:29 AM
CHeck out the trailer, on ign episode 9 tonight. The trailer appears for approximatly one minute at the beggining of the episode, so you dont have to watch it if you dont want, however, it does contain a nice interview with the creators. The unreal engine 3 based ww2 shooter looks very impressive, and can't wait for some e3 media to start flowing in.

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

Keep in mind, this is realtime footage.

I'm having a hard time believing its real-time....Idunno, it strikes me as the type of "real-time" that the Killzone 2 demo was at last year's E3. I'll believe it when I see a controller in someone's hands.:hardcore:

George89
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm having a hard time believing its real-time....Idunno, it strikes me as the type of "real-time" that the Killzone 2 demo was at last year's E3. I'll believe it when I see a controller in someone's hands.:hardcore:

i was thinking the same thing, especially the part when that one soldier died and then it shows you holding him in your arms--do you think that honestly would happen in the real game?

it did look reasonable though and very cool

TheCovenant
04-29-2006, 11:31 PM
i was thinking the same thing, especially the part when that one soldier died and then it shows you holding him in your arms--do you think that honestly would happen in the real game?

it did look reasonable though and very cool

yes i do, according to the developer, it's one of the story telling elements they've incorporated into the game. They dubbed these moments "Bromos" (brother moments), and it works kind of like the crash cam in "burnout 3" to make you feel more connected with the characters in the game.

The graphics look VERY reasonable. The floor textures are low-rez even. The animations were very smooth, like the killzone video, because the game was designed ground up in third-person, and then slapped the camera in the first person afterwards (like condemned:criminal origins).

There isn't much to doubt here, but if you must, read the interviews and dev. diarys prior to such scrutiny. Punks.

EDIT: nice to see you on the boards koopa.

Punisher
04-30-2006, 06:37 AM
This game could play like that I can't wait for E3 to see more of this. :)

CarGuy
04-30-2006, 08:37 AM
mmm... particle effects...

Jelloman653
04-30-2006, 12:55 PM
BIA 3 kind of took a new step on this game. insted of focusing on the wins of the Allied campaign, it focuses on some of the most painful loses of the Allies. i shows that the war wasn't exactly a walk in the park. but what war is?

m4oH
04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Damn. Yet another reason to make me lean towards purchasing a 360.