PDA

View Full Version : I am convinced!!

AlBoogy
08-12-2001, 11:43 AM
At first I wasnt to sure if XBox was going to make it or not. But after time i am convinced that it will. Everywhere i go, people have heard of it and plan to buy it. It amazes me that people know about the system when there has hardly been any advertising. I even asked an electronics boutique employee,"do u get alot of questions regarding xbox?" and he told me "you wouldnt believe how many i get a day". This is all w/out their $500M being put into use! Wherever I go. Parties, family functions, sporting events. If the subject comes up about video games XBox always comes up without me bring it up in the first place. I mean, maybe this only happens to me. And maybe i could be wrong. Does his happen to anyone else?

xboxlover
08-12-2001, 12:02 PM
Yeah the xbox has us all pulled into its world of gaming bliss.

Koopa
08-12-2001, 12:49 PM
I've heard mixed reports, but mainly it seems like the employees at places like EB are more knowledgable about Xbox and hype it up more...but there are reports of GC outselling Xbox in preorders in other places, so idunno..then it amazed me when one intelligent employee actually knew about BOTH! It was when I bought my GBA, he said "if you like this, you'd better wait till gamecube and Xbox come out!" fancy that, an unbiased electronics store employee:D

Manny
08-14-2001, 10:23 AM
What does a handheld have to do with a console?

SSJKulilin
08-14-2001, 10:44 AM
actaully, a lot of EBs have received mild threats from sony about pushing the xbox. you used to be able to tell which stores they were because the xbox.com usually found by the register was moved behind, or even under, the counter.

Xaminor
08-15-2001, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by SSJKulilin
actaully, a lot of EBs have received mild threats from sony about pushing the xbox. you used to be able to tell which stores they were because the xbox.com usually found by the register was moved behind, or even under, the counter.

I would personally rather have MS's money. :)

I have heard about the threats from Sony also but this was a long time ago when Sony was first promoting the PS2 and the Xbox was being advertised while Sony was promoting their product. lol. That would kind of piss me off too, but the fact of the matter is that once MS reaches into that $500 million dollars in advertisement there isn't a damn thing Sony will be able to do but sit back and watch it sell. "He's gone... Dat's it... and Deer was nuttin we could do."

As far as GC leading in pre orders goes. This could have some thing to do with there are more pre orders available for the GC?