PDA

View Full Version : One crappy xbox after another

dusty2747
05-20-2006, 09:52 PM
So I bought a used xbox at ebgames and set up an xbox live account. After each game online the xbox would freeze up for a while and make funky loud noises. Lucky for me I purchased the 20 dollar warranty to get an new one. So I replace it with a new one and now this one keeps saying failure to load map every 3rd game. I was told that the warranty only covers 1 replacement. So basically I bought one broken xbox which says 100% guaranteed on the box, paid 20 dollars for a warranty guaranteeing me a working xbox and when I use that warranty I only get to replace it with another broken box. I emailed ebgames about this and requested a response. But I'm pretty pissed. I love the customer service and the store, but the quality of product seems to be garbage. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Highlite23
05-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't know if this helpss or not. EB has a problem with the way they do business with trades, they never fire up the units when someone trades them in, on the other hand Game Stop does, I know because I worked there.

What I'm wondering is, since Game Stop now ownes EB can you grab a unit form GS instead?

Just a suggestion, not sure if you can. Sorry your having so many issues, one of my biggest knocks against EB before the buy out was this "Take anything" policy.

Good Luck.

dusty2747
05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I brought the system back to ebgames and told them I'm returning it for another one. The guy said "I thought I remembered you not getting another warranty on this one". I said "Yeah your right, I didn't buy another warranty but you're going to give me another one". He knew I was dead serious so he just put it through and gave me another xbox. Tried to tell me 2 faulty xboxs in a row can't happen, and its likely the game. I told him I already swapped out the game for another one and know that isn't the problem. The problem being the old xbox with the crappy thompson drive, he was quiet from then on and gave me my box. This one works no problem. I'm finally content.

Nerrad529
06-07-2006, 01:49 AM
yeah iam on my 3rd xbox and i take care of my stuff

Jelloman653
06-07-2006, 08:10 AM
that really sucks dude. im still on my first xbox and haven't had any problems though. guess im lucky.

scozzard
06-12-2006, 12:29 AM
has anyone had a loud arse crackling noise coming from the power input on the back of the xbox, sometimes i think the things just going to blow up, kinda freaks me out...

vman
06-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm finally content.
I'm glad it finally worked out for you. :hardcore: