PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 - Discussion Thread

Infraredragon
05-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Okay, let's start at the beginning with Fable 1's pro's and con's.

Pro's-it's a very good game...
Fable is a great RPG, a creatively designed and well-made game, a gripping and lively experience with a wonderful story-line, and a superb addition to the Xbox's library.
While I must admit the gameplay is mostly just hack n' slash action, after you've become stronger, buy yourself a couple tatoos, and get the hairstyle of your choice, you can't help but be somewhat proud of the character you've created (good or evil) once you finish the game.
Making Fable more than live up to it's name, unfortunatly in more ways than one.

Con's-...now let's bash it
The unfortunate way in which Fable live's up to it's name is that prior to its release we where told "stories" about certain aspects of the the gameplay that never even made it in the game, and once released it didn't live up to peoples origanal expectations at all. If I could compare it to something I'd say it was like having a wealthy friend take you to the fanciest restaurant in town, then deside to buy you a sandwitch.
The point is that, anyone that played this game expecting one of the best gaming experiences of all time was most likely disapointed with Fable.

My opinion-mine...my own...my precious opinion
Personaly I enjoyed Fable very much, and got a good 58-60 hrs. out of it. And although I admit it isn't your traditional RPG, and that it was overly hyped, I think many people can agree that it was still a great game none-the-less. And one that would only get better.

There's more-a lot more
Fable:The Lost Chapters was an amazing improvement over the original. Not only did it have more quests, areas, weapons, and armor, but it also improved many aspects of the gameplay. For instance, Demon Doors show up the color purple on the mini map so they aren't confused with enemys. Picking up items automaticaly is a huge improvement over walking over to them and doing it manualy, like in the original. many other things have also been improved in small ways like bartering and using flourish. And all these improvements make getting The Lost Chapters worth every penny.

The next chapter-the moment you've been waiting for...or not
And now Fable 2 is coming to the Xbox 360, and even though I know better, I can't help but be excited. However, I must admitt I am sceptical, espeacialy after seeing the teaser.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaITATr2C9c&search=fable)

The real thing that got me excited about Fable 2 was simply the Idea. So many people complaned about all the stuff that wasn't in Fable, but with Fable 2 on the 360 they might be able to add many amazing things the Xbox couldn't handle, including a much bigger world to explore.
Now I'm not going to get to caught up in the hype, but I will keep a lookout for this one.

Well, this is a discussion thread so let's talk about...

Guns - a cool idea, but one that could ruin a game like this, if not done right.
The teaser - it was alright, but I can't wait to see the game in action
Heros best friend - this is something that comes straight from PM himself, so I don't know if it's real either, but apparantly when you start out as a kid you'll have a puppy that will follow you around. The catch is, the dogs morality changes along with yours. Play good and you'll have a lovely fluffy poodle for company, play the badboy and...well you certainly won't have a fluffy poodle, if you know what I mean.
Your own ideas - simply, what you think should be put in the game

PS. Please don't quote all this, for obvious space saving reasons. <-- I knew someone would quote the whole thing, thanks for listening vman

vman
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Okay, let's start at the beginning with Fable 1's pro's and con's.

Pro's-it's a very good game...
Fable is a great RPG, a creatively designed and well-made game, a gripping and lively experience with a wonderful story-line, and a superb addition to the Xbox's library.
While I must admit the gameplay is mostly just hack n' slash action, after you've become stronger, buy yourself a couple tatoos, and get the hairstyle of your choice, you can't help but be somewhat proud of the character you've created (good or evil) once you finish the game.
Making Fable more than live up to it's name, unfortunatly in more ways than one.

Con's-...now let's bash it
The unfortunate way in which Fable live's up to it's name is that prior to its release we where told "fables" about certain aspects of the the gameplay that never even made it in the game, and once released it didn't live up to peoples expectations. It was like having a wealthy friend take you to the fanciest restaurant in town, then deside to buy you a sandwitch.
The point is that, anyone that played this game expecting one of the best gaming experiences of all time was most likely disapointed with Fable.

My opinion-mine...my own...my precious opinion
Personaly I enjoyed Fable very much, and got a good 58-60 hrs. out of it. And although I admit it isn't your traditional RPG, and that it was overly hyped, I think many people can agree that it was still a great game none-the-less. And one that would only get better.

There's more-a lot more
Fable:The Lost Chapters was an amazing improvement over the original. Not only did it have more quests, areas, weapons, and armor, but it also improved many aspects of the gameplay. For instance, Demon Doors show up the color purple on the mini map so they aren't confused with enemys. Picking up items automaticaly is a huge improvement over walking over to them and doing it manualy, like in the original. many other things have also been improved in small ways like bartering and using flourish. And all these improvements make getting The Lost Chapters worth every penny.

The next chapter-the moment you've been waiting for...or not
And now Fable 2 is coming to the Xbox 360, and even though I know better, I can't help but be excited. However, I must admitt I am sceptical, espeacialy after seeing the teaser.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaITATr2C9c&search=fable)

The real thing that got me excited about Fable 2 was simply the Idea. So many people complaned about all the stuff that wasn't in Fable, but with Fable 2 on the 360 they might be able to add many amazing things the Xbox couldn't handle, including a much bigger world to explore.
Now I'm not going to get to caught up in the hype, but I will keep a lookout for this one.

Well, this is a discussion thread so let's talk about...

Guns - a cool idea, but one that could ruin a game like this, if not done right.
The teaser - it was alright, but I can't wait to see the game in action
Heros best friend - this is something that comes straight from PM himself, so I don't know if it's real either, but apparantly when you start out as a kid you'll have a puppy that will follow you around. The catch is, the dogs morality changes along with yours. Play good and you'll have a lovely fluffy poodle for company, play the badboy and...well you certainly won't have a fluffy poodle, if you know what I mean.
Your own ideas - simply, what you think should be put in the game

PS. Please don't quote all this, for obvious space saving reasons.

Thank you.
what? :hardcore:

Nameless
05-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Nice teaser, but I can't help thinkin "Am I gonna wait 4 more years again for less than half a game I was told about?". I'm not falling victim to the hype again.

swivel
05-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Fable was one of the worst games I have ever suffered through. RPG's are my favorite genre, and I can think of 20 or so that were leagues better than the garbage that was Fable.

Not looking forward to the sequel one bit.

vman
05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
I was looking forward to Fable 2 until I saw a gun in the trailer. Now I'm like wtf, mate? I think it will be a great game but it's not going to be up to par with games like Oblivion.

Infraredragon
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I was looking forward to Fable 2 until I saw a gun in the trailer. Now I'm like wtf, mate? I think it will be a great game but it's not going to be up to par with games like Oblivion.I don't belive it will be better than games like oblivion either, but I do think it's wrong to bash it before you play it, like people are already doing with H3.

And like I said I realy enjoyed Fable, regardless of what wasn't in it.

Shadow20002
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
I must admit that Fable was a great game from the gameplay to the graphics, there are nothing you can say about it but one think that really need to improve: the length of the game is one of the shortest i have seen in my life, yeah..in my LIFE. A RPG must be at least around 30-40 hours but this game can be finish under 20 hours which is just ashame to place among with others RPGs. The main storyline was OK but we need more quests...i think like PM was in rush to make it cause they were all about the design of the game and totally forgot to write a good and embellish story that really captivate the player when they play the game.

I hope Fable 2 will be more longer than this and by the way, the guns is a very bad idea from what i know for a game like this.

Double_Diablo
05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm definitely excited for Fable 2. Although the first one was short and lacked depth, it paved the way for a really sweet game. If Fable 2 can have the enjoyment its prequel had and expand a bit, I'm sold.

Mitchell
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I pretty much 100%ed the lost chapters in only 13 hours. For an RPG, that's pretty pathetic. Considering I have spent about 63 hours on Oblivion so far, Fable 2 will have to be a radical improvement over the first to divert my attention from Oblivion.

vman
05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I pretty much 100%ed the lost chapters in only 13 hours.
There is absolutely no way you did that unless it was your 10th time through the game man. I'll give you the main plot in 13 hours but not everything in the game. There's just no way.

Infraredragon
05-25-2006, 07:38 AM
I admitt that for an RPG it was short, hopefully Fable 2 will be about 20% longer.

And about them guns, they arn't going to be super-powerful they're probley going to be along the lines of muskets. This game does take place many years after Fable ,maybe pirates rome the seas, maybe you can become one.

However I do think the whole dog thing is wierd, and it's certainly something I could do without.

swivel
05-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I would rather hear about a new Jade Empire. Seriously, this is one of the worst RPG's ever made and I continue to be shocked to hear that anyone is actually a fan of this series.

CarGuy
05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I would rather hear about a new Jade Empire. Seriously, this is one of the worst RPG's ever made and I continue to be shocked to hear that anyone is actually a fan of this series.

Seriously it's not one of the worst.. It's pretty decent I think. Average at worst. I was disappointed after following the hype but it wasn't horrible. What was that RPG that came out on XBox that was all under ground?? That game sucked hard.

Mitchell
05-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Seriously it's not one of the worst.. It's pretty decent I think. Average at worst. I was disappointed after following the hype but it wasn't horrible. What was that RPG that came out on XBox that was all under ground?? That game sucked hard.

That was probably one of the Dungeons and Dragons Xbox games. Talk about a Hack n' Slash, man, one play through the demo of that pathetic game and I was turned off the whole franchise.

swivel
05-26-2006, 01:32 PM

It easily makes my bottom 5 of RPG's ever played.

Crazy Joe
05-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Azurik?

StudioAlex
06-02-2006, 09:32 AM
I liked Fable but I have no idea why you think the storyline was great or how you ever got sixty hours of gameplay out of it...

CrazyCougar
06-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I was extremely disappointed with the first fable and highly doubt I'll invest any money in a second title. The game was too short. I went from being a kid to being a man in a matter of minutes it seemed which I thought wasnt supposed to be the case when they were announcing it. As a whole, I give Fable a 6 out of 10. So I have no confidence in the next one. Too many MMORPG's coming out to even consider Fable 2 as a contender.

Infraredragon
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
I liked Fable but I have no idea why you think the storyline was great or how you ever got sixty hours of gameplay out of it...Well I never said the storyline was the best either. And as far as time goes I always take as much time possible when playing a game, but their's no doubt in my mind that it can be completed in 20 - 30 hrs.
Which I admit isn't long enough for your avarage RPG, which can sometimes get into the 100's.

Now if Fable 2 is much longer and gets great reviews, I'm sold. If not I'll just wait for a price drop, either way I will most likely be getting it.