PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up some accessories

ChessPieceFace
05-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I just picked up some accessories for the 360 thought I would comment on. First is the extra fan snap on for the 360 the Intercooler 360 by Nyko. Easy to install snaps right on the back of the 360 and plugs in the 360 power supply so no extra plug for the unit uses 360 for power. It has 3 fans that suck the air out of the 360. It is loud sounds like a jet engine heh I wont lie. But I did notice that the air it was pushing out was a lot cooler then my 360 normally puts out. When playing obilivion loading was slightly faster, not by a huge amount but hey my 360 didnt feel like it was going to melt my hand when by the cooling fan. I has a on/off switch so you can leave it in place and turn it off if you get tired of the noise. 20 at circuit city.

Next I picked up Turtle Beaches Ear Force X2 headset. It was on sale at circuit city for 79.99 instead of 99.99 I figued 20 off sure why not. Plus the headset that comes with the 360 hurts your ears after awhile when playing Live. It is wireless and requires 2 AAA batteries for the headset which comes with it surprizingly ! When I first looked at it I thought it would be heavy but it is actually light and snug on the ears and I used it for 3 hours last night with no hurting of the ears or uncomforterableness. I does have a mic and is ready for Xbox live. Didnt get a chance to use the mic, but it was nice to hear people talking in both ears instead of one. Just thought I would share my experiances with these products. I think the headset is overpriced 50 should be about what it is worth. But it is wireless. Any questions let me know thanks.

Jelloman653
05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
i've seen the earphones and they looked pretty cool. lucky you found them cheaper. are you going to get the charge pack controllers when those come out? those looked cool too.

ShadedNine
05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Gotta love placebos.

Cool your Xbox with liquid nitrogen if it so pleases you, it won't make Oblivion load any faster. The misconception comes from the PC, where modders use better cooling, even sub-ambient cooling, to improve their PCs. However, these mods don't magically make the PC run faster, but allows them to modify the voltage being fed to their components, increasing performance and heat. The 360 cannot be overclocked by any currently known means, and certainly doesn't do so on the fly.

The only situation in which purcashing extra cooling is justified is if you're unable to place your Xbox in a well ventilated, cool area. Otherwise, if it's overheating (and putting your hand behind it is NOT a measure of this), you should be calling up Microsoft to have this dealt with.

On top of that, the CPU only plays a small part in loading times to begin with. It's all about the DVD-ROM and hard disk, both of which function at full speed without active cooling.

swivel
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
I just picked up some accessories for the 360 thought I would comment on. First is the extra fan snap on for the 360 the Intercooler 360 by Nyko. Easy to install snaps right on the back of the 360 and plugs in the 360 power supply so no extra plug for the unit uses 360 for power. It has 3 fans that suck the air out of the 360. It is loud sounds like a jet engine heh I wont lie. But I did notice that the air it was pushing out was a lot cooler then my 360 normally puts out. When playing obilivion loading was slightly faster, not by a huge amount but hey my 360 didnt feel like it was going to melt my hand when by the cooling fan. I has a on/off switch so you can leave it in place and turn it off if you get tired of the noise. 20 at circuit city.

Next I picked up Turtle Beaches Ear Force X2 headset. It was on sale at circuit city for 79.99 instead of 99.99 I figued 20 off sure why not. Plus the headset that comes with the 360 hurts your ears after awhile when playing Live. It is wireless and requires 2 AAA batteries for the headset which comes with it surprizingly ! When I first looked at it I thought it would be heavy but it is actually light and snug on the ears and I used it for 3 hours last night with no hurting of the ears or uncomforterableness. I does have a mic and is ready for Xbox live. Didnt get a chance to use the mic, but it was nice to hear people talking in both ears instead of one. Just thought I would share my experiances with these products. I think the headset is overpriced 50 should be about what it is worth. But it is wireless. Any questions let me know thanks.

Sounds more 'spensive than a PS3!

l Maximus l
05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Does the Mic come with a charger?

Mitchell
05-24-2006, 12:30 AM
My Xbox used to be in a ventilated space before my new TV came, now I put it in the space where the video/dvd player is meant to go in my cabinet, but I'm pretty sure it's overheating. I recently got the three red quadrants light up on my Xbox which I assume is an overheating warning. I probably should get a cooling fan or somthing similar as I'm worried about it overheating too much.

ChessPieceFace
05-24-2006, 01:20 AM
The mic does not come with a charger there is no way to charge it. The headset itself is where the AAA batteries go. And you can turn it off when your done or the headset itself will turn itself off after not getting a signal or use . I would pause the game and comeback to find the headset would turn itself off. And the fan does increase airflow, seems to make my 360 run cooler buy it not generating the level of heat from the console it once did. Im not saying go out and buy one just shareing my experiance with the products.