CarGuy
05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
I haven't played in a long time, but let's go! Send me a friend request

SPARTAN VI
05-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Friend request sent. :hardcore:

l Maximus l
05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
I recently downloaded the demo and was pretty freakin' impressed with this game. I'm debating on actually buying it because it seems to me that I would play it for a few weeks and then dump it...but, it is enjoyable, based on the demo.

I'm sure the full game is far better...and mastering the gameplay could take a nice learning curve. In my gaming experience, I think this game would last as long as a month before ejecting my 360's DVD drive...I want something longer.

SPARTAN VI
05-25-2006, 11:55 PM
I recently downloaded the demo and was pretty freakin' impressed with this game. I'm debating on actually buying it because it seems to me that I would play it for a few weeks and then dump it...but, it is enjoyable, based on the demo.

I'm sure the full game is far better...and mastering the gameplay could take a nice learning curve. In my gaming experience, I think this game would last as long as a month before ejecting my 360's DVD drive...I want something longer.

Trust me Maxy.. beating the crap out of someone over and over and over has never been so fun. I'd recommend you have friends to play with as this game will get dull when you're by yourself.. the career mode just isn't engaging enough. XboxLive buddies wont be as enjoyable as real buddies.. :)

Salmonaitor
05-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Sugar Ray Robinson, BAR NONE!!! He has the qickest, most destructive single punch in the game. You can special punch the crap out of somebody in one round and not have to hit another button.:rofl:

SPARTAN VI
05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Beat two bums today. One got lucky and knocked me down with a flash KO, but I knocked him down right after, then he quit... :huh:

Yesterday, some trash talker saw my 1-0 record and straight out said, "I'm going to f**k you up foo!" He had around 350 wins 150 losses. I figured this would be my first loss... he started the match just throwing haymakers and quickly found out I'm no pushover. He stopped that by round 2.. by round 6 he got enough uppercuts with his Gatti to knock me down.. and got REAL ****y. Every round after that was all mine with 2 knock downs, and a KO by round 12. I LOVE putting out trash talkers... he just lost to a 1 - 0 "nub" :cheers:

l Maximus l
05-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Trust me Maxy.. beating the crap out of someone over and over and over has never been so fun. I'd recommend you have friends to play with as this game will get dull when you're by yourself.. the career mode just isn't engaging enough. XboxLive buddies wont be as enjoyable as real buddies.. :)

Dude! You're totally right! I have a buddy that bought the game and brought it over...then another friend showed up. All three of us played and when one person lost, the other buddy played the winner. Seirously, man...we blew through 4 1/2 hours before we knew it...this game freakin' ownz and is the ultimate "party game". I know exactly what you mean that beating the crap out of your buddies never gets old :D

Good call, brother...

l Maximus l
05-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Sugar Ray Robinson, BAR NONE!!! He has the qickest, most destructive single punch in the game. You can special punch the crap out of somebody in one round and not have to hit another button.:rofl:

So far, my favorite is Marvelous Marvin Hagler...he is one tough SOB!

pjh13
05-27-2006, 08:53 PM
so far my favorite is noone. i have had this game since launch week and i am ****in terrible, no matter how much i play i almost always lose its sad actually. even wheni am playing people who have never played before i just am not very good at this game it makes me depressed

l Maximus l
05-28-2006, 03:15 PM
so far my favorite is noone. i have had this game since launch week and i am ****in terrible, no matter how much i play i almost always lose its sad actually. even wheni am playing people who have never played before i just am not very good at this game it makes me depressed

lol, dude...you just need to start blocking and ducking...once you get that down, you're gold, I think.

I noticed that certain people play with a certain style. Once you figure out their fighting style (it probably takes a few games with that person), then you'll know when to duck and block and follow up with an uppercut. Also, don't forget about the lackluster, though extremely effective, jab. With a jab, you can follow up with an uppercut or even a haymaker (sp?).

So far, I've gotten pretty used to Configuration #1 as the control scheme. I tried Config #3 on the demo and that seemed to be a good one, too.

I'm digging this game...too bad my buddy took it away :D I may have to pick this one up.

We started to play the career mode and I didn't find it to be nearly as fun as having a couple buddies over to play multi-player...but, that was only a short time playing it (about an hour).

SPARTAN VI
05-29-2006, 03:40 AM
lol, dude...you just need to start blocking and ducking...once you get that down, you're gold, I think.

I noticed that certain people play with a certain style. Once you figure out their fighting style (it probably takes a few games with that person), then you'll know when to duck and block and follow up with an uppercut. Also, don't forget about the lackluster, though extremely effective, jab. With a jab, you can follow up with an uppercut or even a haymaker (sp?).

So far, I've gotten pretty used to Configuration #1 as the control scheme. I tried Config #3 on the demo and that seemed to be a good one, too.

I'm digging this game...too bad my buddy took it away :D I may have to pick this one up.

We started to play the career mode and I didn't find it to be nearly as fun as having a couple buddies over to play multi-player...but, that was only a short time playing it (about an hour).

On XBL you have to learn that person's style immediately. If you don't figure them out in the first 2 rounds, you may be in for a "world of hurt." So far I've only lost once, and it was to some prick that used a custom boxer.. probably 100 points for every stat as his left jab would cause my character to step back every hit.. Custom characters = noobs. Don't use em please.

The single player career mode is probably good for one whirl... as you now know, the game really shines when you have a room packed with buddies. :cheers:

Salmonaitor
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
u r a pot smoking peace living hippie, that's why you suck. If you've done any fighting (and were any good at it) then you'll do well in this game, cause you need to approach it like a fighter. You have to be defensive a little, you have to be smart, you have to know when to take your shots, and where to take your shots.