PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Controller to PC w/ charge kit?

ll Mista GT ll
06-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey,

I want to keep this as short and as simple as possible.

Can I get my wireless controller, hook it up to my play and charge kit and plug it into my computer?

I did it and it recognized it as a USB device. Now, I don't have SP1 or SP2 for Wndows, so when I downloaded the drivers, I couldn't install it. Can anybody try if it works or find out if someone else has tried?

Thanks guys,
Caddy

J3bus WTF
06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
You NEED a cable controller for this, the Play and Charge kit only supplies the controller with power. The wireless functions are still being used to play when you have the kit in.

ll Mista GT ll
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
You NEED a cable controller for this, the Play and Charge kit only supplies the controller with power. The wireless functions are still being used to play when you have the kit in.

Damn it. But the weird thing is, when I plug it into the computer, it recognizes a device. When I detach the controller from the cable, It doesn't recognize anything.

ShadedNine
06-04-2006, 01:04 PM
The controller is just completing the circuit. It still uses wireless transmission, even while hooked up via the kit (otherwise it'd be damned tricky to try and make the kit work with no interruptions.

I did hear something around E3 about a usb wireless adapter for the PC that would communicate with the wireless controllers. No idea when or how much though.

ll Mista GT ll
06-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I head the same thing too, but I don't wanna spend that money. I was wondering though, what is the difference in the wired controlers for the 360 and the wired "PC" controlers? I think instead of spending money to buy the adapter, I should just get another controler. What do you think shaded?

J3bus WTF
06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Damn it. But the weird thing is, when I plug it into the computer, it recognizes a device. When I detach the controller from the cable, It doesn't recognize anything.
When your computer recognizes the USB device does it say Xbox 360 Controller?

ll Mista GT ll
06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
When your computer recognizes the USB device does it say Xbox 360 Controller?

I don't think so.