PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Road Rage

BORNGD
02-26-2002, 09:18 AM
what does everyone think of this game? i know its a rip off of crazy taxi, but ****, i'm really into this game right now. I think it was a good idea to have to raise $1,000,000 and get to unlock characters and worlds every so often. No one else likes this game? in my opinion this is a great drunk party game :) we had alot of fun with this game the other night...plus its the simpsons with all the voices from the show. Now i'm not saying this is the greatest game, but i would give it a 7.5/10 easily! am i the only one who likes this?

fear_this
02-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Yep, your basicly the only one who likes it. I had it and sold it because I hated it. But i'll prolly end up buying it again! :)

Cujosh
02-26-2002, 09:28 AM
I liked it too, it's an awesome game! I have Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast, but it's boring now. Plus it doesn't have as much replay value. However in Simpsons Road Rage, you have a whole bunch of characters and levels to unlock, I love cel shading graphics so it's cool that way, and I love the simple controls! Also I enjoy the comic relief. That's just a couple of things off the top of my head.

Anyway, it kicks butt! I gave it an 8.2/10 :cool:

fear_this
02-26-2002, 09:32 AM
yeah but they could have added a lot more to the game then waht is on it.

Hugh_Jass
02-26-2002, 01:14 PM
It's a flawed but fun game that I go back to again and again.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Personally i wouldnt touch the **** with a 10-foot pole, but hey if its fun toyou, thats what counts:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

StudioAlex
02-26-2002, 01:38 PM
THe only redeeming thing about this game is its license. IT contains none of the depth and fine tuning of Crazy Taxi. Only two of the levels seemed to actually be thought out well and the physics are terrible. Your car never drifts and it stops on a dime, leaving no challenge. Don't forget about those time when your car flips over and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Do I like to play it? Yeah, but only because of the sheer Simpsons saturation. At least they got that part right.

Snoopy7548
02-26-2002, 02:40 PM
it was good for like the first month, now i never play it, i might return it for store credit to buy a different game

E-Xbox
02-26-2002, 02:42 PM
i get sick of games like simpsons RR
the show is sooo goood...best eva
juss there games are no good.......hehe

Mercury
02-26-2002, 03:03 PM
I didn't really care for this game. I thought the controls were bad, the gameplay too simple, and not enough of the simpsons voices.

Frink
02-26-2002, 03:08 PM
I am a huge Simpsons fan (which you could of told by my username) but I thought the game had a lot to be desired. For the first hour and a half I thought it was great. But after that the voices got repetitive. I heard Marge say the same things over and over and over again. The game did include Frink so that would make me give the game a much higher rating then I would of if it didn't. 7/10 would do it justice.

Mercury
02-26-2002, 03:23 PM
I didn't really care for this game. I thought the controls were bad, the gameplay too simple, and not enough of the simpsons voices.

Snoopy7548
02-26-2002, 05:08 PM
yea, i think the thing that really affected it was the levels, like crazy taxi was awesome cause the levels were big and really fun, the levels in road rage just seemed like too small and stuff

Razor70
02-28-2002, 02:50 PM
I haven't played this one on the Xbox, but I did play it on my Ps2 and I thought the game had something to be desired. I love the tv show, and it is fun...maybe if I tried the Xbox version I might like it better. I will have to rent it some time and try it out. Oh by the way...did anyone know that on certain Holidays it opens up certain players and characters? I had rented it over the Thanksgiving holiday last year and on Thanksgiving day it told me Happy Thanksgiving and a new version of Marge opened up with her in a turkey mobile and the horn would make a turkey gobbling sound. Pretty cool!

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 11:13 AM
I also thought it was a pretty good game even though most Simpsons games are bad. The characters are funny and you want to keep playing that game.

Stardog
03-01-2002, 01:17 PM
I, too, liked the whole Simpsons license in the game. It's fun now to watch the show and kind of "know" where certain places are in the game. Did you see the episode the other night where Bart is seeing Raineer Wolfcastle's daughter? They showed the front of his house, and it was exactly the same as in the game (yet I think in the game they call it the Burns mansion? Anyone?).

I got real tired of it, though, once you had to get a ton of points to unlock the next car. It wasn't worth playing the same game over and over and over just to unlock a new car and have to do it all over again, but for an ever longer amount of time.

Hope this helps!

DanTheGreat
03-12-2002, 02:52 PM
I own a Dreamcast and the first game i got was Crazy Taxi. Crazy Taxi was fun for about 1 1/2 months. Later, i tried Simpsons Road Rage and got bored with it in about 2 days. The game is good, as long as you have not played Crazy Taxi before.