PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Japanese controler?

Brevity
02-26-2002, 10:56 AM
If you have a JP. controler how do you like it? How does it do against the US version?:p

feihung08
02-26-2002, 04:00 PM
A better question than that is........
WHERE CAN I GET ONE TO TRY:eek: ?!?!?

I just saw 3 on Ebay for roughly $60 before shipping......

Does anyone know of any online stores selling them?!?!
I found it here, but I want to shop around a bit more before I spend all the dough on something no one has rated yet!!!
http://otaku.com.hk/xboxsed.html

Let's put our heads together and find these:(!!

Frink
02-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Well you can try http://www.lik-sang.com/. They have one for about $40. I was thinking about buying one but am debating over the controller or JSRF. I will probably buy JSRF.

Cynical Gamer
02-26-2002, 05:16 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM LIK-SANG! They have been recently banned from shipping to the US. Get the Japanese controller from http://www.ncsx.com

-Cynical Gamer

Brevity
02-26-2002, 05:21 PM
I got one from cart-mart.com and one from therage.com they are do in on thur.

Frink
02-26-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that.

feihung08
02-27-2002, 07:42 PM
That's just what I was hoping to find!!!
It's a wonderful thing to have options!!

And I too am looking forward to Jet Set Radio Future!!!
I hope it lives up to the hype!!

SeTH
02-27-2002, 07:54 PM
the only reason i would get a japanese controller would be for my younger brother because his hands don't fit perfectly to the american xbox controller like mine do.

Crazy Joe
02-27-2002, 08:06 PM
i don't know what the big deal is, my little 7 year old cousin doesn't even seem to mind the controller too much, anyone can get used to the XBOX controller

El Pollo Loco
02-28-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm actually gonna hold on for the Albanian controller...

feihung08
02-28-2002, 12:52 PM
First off, I wonder if some of you have ever played on a little known console named..........PLAYSTATION?!?! Cause if you did, and if you have played on it as long as I have, you would have seen the evolution of the game controller reach full maturity!! Why Microsoft decided to set that back a couple of generations I will never know!!

And how much did your "7 year old cousin" shell out for that controller that doesn't bother him?

I tell you what, maybe he's made of money, but I sure ain't!! If I have to shell out $40 + of my hard earned money on an extra controller, you better **** well know that I'm spending it on the better product and what makes "me" happy!!

I highly recommend some of you "try" out other options first, don't just toss your money away because it's an "official" product, "so if they tell me it's good than it must be"......find out for yourself!! Of course there gonna tell ya it's good, there the ones selling it!!

THINK FOR YOURSELF!!

Creator
02-28-2002, 01:02 PM
hehe that picture is funny..

tech
02-28-2002, 03:50 PM
LOL. That picture is so funny. :eek: Hey I advanced order my JP controller yesterday. I guess the choice is yours. I have 2 official xbox controllers plus the mc2 wheel plus an arcade stick from gamester? I can't wait to see what the JP one feels like. Hey I may not like it but I will have enough contollers then for a 4 on 4 action! :)

Brevity
03-01-2002, 08:44 AM
I got it yesterday (the jp controler). I love it. I player several games of halo on the net. Tonight I am geting 12 people up for a lan party (like I do every fri). My wife and little nephew love it too. By the was cart-mart.com is the best place to get this he said he will have more in today. thatnks bye:D

tech
03-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Hey Brevity, are the L and R triggers lighter than the US version? It would help extend the amount of time I can play without getting a cramped hand. :cool:

Brevity
04-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Look at me Im Cooler beating my first post to death. haha this was my first. She's a buethttp://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/nut.gif

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 11:12 AM
I was planning on getting a fourth controller and I was debating on getting the Japanese controller (also known as the type "S" controller) over the regular one. Either way, I'm definately sticking with 1st party.

The reason why I am debating this is because I absolutely love the regular ones and I'm not sure if I want to get rid of a "good thing". Know what I mean? But, on the other hand, if I got a type "S" controller, I know I wouldn't have a problem trading or selling it if I didn't like it. I'm not in a huge bind, but, I am interested in more feedback in regards to the type "S" controller. It seems that Brevity sure likes it :)

borka105
04-10-2002, 11:18 AM
Maximus quick question....How many xbox games do you have, and what are they?

I know this is off topic, but I am just wondering.

-Borka105

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by borka105
Maximus quick question....How many xbox games do you have, and what are they?

I know this is off topic, but I am just wondering.

-Borka105

So far, I have 11:

1. Halo
2. Rallisport Challenge
3. Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
4. UFC: Tapout
5. NFL Fever
6. NFL2K2
7. NBA Live 2002
8. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
9. Azurik: Rise of Perathia
10. Star Wars Starfighter SE
11. Project Gotham Racing

Just curious..why do you ask?

borka105
04-10-2002, 02:17 PM
umm. just wondering. You seem to be a big xbox fan so I was wondering what games you have in your collection. Very impressive !!!!.

-Borka105

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by borka105
umm. just wondering. You seem to be a big xbox fan so I was wondering what games you have in your collection. Very impressive !!!!.

-Borka105

Well, you have that right! I'm a HUGE XBox fan :D I am eagerly awaiting Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and Hunter: The Reckoning...those will be the next 3 games I get :D

Donaldson
04-10-2002, 09:11 PM
I am a fan of the Japanese controller although I don't really see too big of a difference. This may come from growing up playing all kinds of different systems, but I have no problem at all switching between controllers. Max, I would say if it is your fourth controller you might as well get it.....if you don't like it make one of your friends use it. If you do like it then you use it and listen to them whine when they don't get to use it because it's YOURS.

Brevity
04-10-2002, 10:34 PM
For people who like the big controler this new one has one really big adv. that is that the buttons on the thumb sticks R bigger, I wish they would put those on the big controler too and call it the B-Controler.

Donaldson
04-11-2002, 12:35 AM
I just sat down to play and realized one thing I forgot that really makes me angry when I want to kick back on the couch and play--the cord on the Japanese controller is like 18 inches shorter. So if this is a big problem for you I think the "Americanized" "S" controller will have the longer cord?

Brevity
04-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Donaldson
I just sat down to play and realized one thing I forgot that really makes me angry when I want to kick back on the couch and play--the cord on the Japanese controller is like 18 inches shorter. So if this is a big problem for you I think the "Americanized" "S" controller will have the longer cord?
Ya I think your right. A longer cord indeed, kind of like me. haha