PDA

View Full Version : few xbox360 questions

IgotNoDingbats
06-05-2006, 05:52 AM
1. if my flat mate is connected wirelessly to my router is there anyway we can communicate with each other. im on a PC down 4 flights of stairs, can he type me a message - maybe if he had the right hardware (USB keyboard ?)

3. Can I use my creative webcam to take pictures? and if not why not. same goes for my Digital cameras, my wireless dongles etc! I could pickup a netgear dongle for $35 rather than pay the extortionate price of the official wireless networking adapter (which by the way i've brought 2 of because i cut through the HIDDEN USB cable - in law this is known as a latent defect and i shall be persuing the matter further with microsoft and my legal team (i.e. me))

2. what FEATURES does the xbox360 have to merit a 20gig harddisc? save games, player profiles, (few kilobytes here an there) i suppose pics and mp3s yer? how do you download mp3s onto your xbox tho is there a LAME enc built in?

this post may sound like a rant but it isnt i hope you answer question 1 the others are slightly rhetorical but please answer question 1!!

Alexander guy edgar©

Ainokeatoo
06-05-2006, 10:02 AM
The first two of those questions someone with more experience will have to answer, but I can answer most of your last question.

Alright, so what does the 360 have to offfer?

Well if you have xbox live, you will be able to download exclusive content for games you own, content like, game updates, game demos, xbox live arcade games, new themes for your dashboard, new gamer pics for your gamer card. Along with that you also have another, more enhanced then the original version, the xboxlive chat room, in any game you can talk to any friend or anyone you have just met, you can be in, say call of duty 2 and your friend is in perfect dark zero, just send him a chat invite and if he accepts then the both of you are chatting. Another thing that is still keeping me around is the 360 camera, which will allow you to both chat and see your friends who do have the 360 camera to, this is supposed to launch somewhere around spring or summer. Along with these features there are many other things, I have to cut this short but I will be back.