PDA

View Full Version : Sony Rep Comments From Another Forum

tboyer
06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This is how it works, if you give both the Cell and 360 processor a big array of 3D vectors and tell them to give you a big array of dot products they both will do this with flying colors, Or give them a server transaction to process and the 360 processor actually has a big chance of keeping up with the Cell. But if you give both processors a 4 dimension hypesphere equation to solve and the Cell will pass the 360 processor as if it were standing still, to be honest with you the 360 processor would literally melt down if it even attempted to do something like that. So with the simple things (bloom triangles dots etc) the 360 can keep up with the PS3, but throw in complicated things like ray tracing and the PS3 will be the only one of the 2 with the processor still intact.

This is a direct quote from a supposed SONY rep from another Forum. I was just wondering if there were any MS REPS on here to help me determine truth from the info he is passing along to the SONY Fanboys on another Forum. Everyone on the other site just agrees with everything he says because he said he works for SONY. Can anyone on this forum help?

Whisper
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Flibbity flibbity floo? That's about all I got.

So, basically, both systems will look identical, but PS3 will be able to "think" better.. meaning potentially better AI and more complex games?

AI to me doesn't matter. I play online. The ultimate AI.

swivel
06-13-2006, 02:01 PM
AI to me doesn't matter. I play online. The ultimate AI.

I need your Friend's List. The people I run into online are dumber than the other Pong Paddle. Unreal Bots and F.E.A.R. Baddies are more devious than anything I have seen online. And there's something about the fact that I'm fighting against armored bunny rabbits, that hop about randomly, that ruins the immersion factor for me.

And you have to love those driving games, where a sore loser is apt to running around the track backwards, trying to cause wrecks, that really adds to the realism.

Hmm... no thanks. I would really like to see A.I. continue its progress. I want something smart enough to call me by my name, instead of calling me a ***got all the time.

TheCovenant
06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I need your Friend's List. The people I run into online are dumber than the other Pong Paddle. Unreal Bots and F.E.A.R. Baddies are more devious than anything I have seen online. And there's something about the fact that I'm fighting against armored bunny rabbits, that hop about randomly, that ruins the immersion factor for me.

And you have to love those driving games, where a sore loser is apt to running around the track backwards, trying to cause wrecks, that really adds to the realism.

Hmm... no thanks. I would really like to see A.I. continue its progress. I want something smart enough to call me by my name, instead of calling me a ***got all the time.

terrible argument, bro. Using a few personal experiences and generalizing them to an epidemic is a logical fallacy. AI wont catch up to real people this generation, period. Unreal bots aren't AI. Insta-headshot is not AI, but a 3d space relative location equation. Anyone here can outsmart a fear or unreal bot, anyone who's beat the game anyways (im not saying that i have). Hell, i even know for a fact that bots in unreal taunt you everytime they frag you.

I also wish for the progression of AI, but having real social connections will always win in my book.

vman
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
ok, now apply that to games and whats the difference. as a consumer, all this techy talk doesnt mean ****. i want to see what the games will do differently. just looking better wont be enough.

pjh13
06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
terrible argument, bro. Using a few personal experiences and generalizing them to an epidemic is a logical fallacy. AI wont catch up to real people this generation, period. Unreal bots aren't AI. Insta-headshot is not AI, but a 3d space relative location equation. Anyone here can outsmart a fear or unreal bot, anyone who's beat the game anyways (im not saying that i have). Hell, i even know for a fact that bots in unreal taunt you everytime they frag you.

I also wish for the progression of AI, but having real social connections will always win in my book.

i agree with you that AI will not catch up with human abilities anytime soon, but to just call his crapy online experiances a few personal experiences is pretty dumb. I say so because every single person who plays on line knows it not just a few times that it happens, it is a majority of the time to a majority of people, so i think that would qualify as an epidemic, not just a generalization based on a few events

swivel
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
i agree with you that AI will not catch up with human abilities anytime soon, but to just call his crapy online experiances a few personal experiences is pretty dumb. I say so because every single person who plays on line knows it not just a few times that it happens, it is a majority of the time to a majority of people, so i think that would qualify as an epidemic, not just a generalization based on a few events

Yeah, I'm not sure what Covenant is talking about. Every MMORPG is trying to figure out a solution to what they themselves realize is an epidemic. WOW just banned 30,000 people for cheating. Gold farming and off-line marketplaces are ruining the games for many players. Many people don't play online because of the campers, the people that take advantage of hacks, and the outright cheats. Every gaming publication that I read regularly has had a major story about this problem, and the letters sections are full of people with complaints and/or solution suggestions.

And I think sitting on my sofa with friends and family while we play vs. games, or rotate in and out of games is a lot more social than spitting profanities into a headset while another guy 8,000 miles away tries to pronounce "***got" in broken English.

Obviously we disagree, but at least I am giving reasons and observations that support my opinion, you are coming at me with aggression, and a poor understanding of what a fallacy is. Neither one impresses me much, or makes your stance look like the more reasonable one.