PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something? (ghost recon advanced warfighter)

ghost 009
06-16-2006, 11:35 PM
I recently downloaded the demo for ghost recon advanced warfighter for single player. Because of this I decided to trade in my xbox, an s controller, brothers in arms, hitman contracts, and ghost recon 2(I think that was a mistake) for call of duty 2.

But I am sooo sick and tired of gaming sites, gaming magazines, and people in general hyping up ****ty games (example: Halo 2, and many others). Its ok to hype it before it comes out. But if it isn't what they say it is, then rate it for what it really is. I would have given Halo 2 a 5 out of 10. But no everyone else gave it a 9.9999 out of 10. These gaming sites and magazines rate the ****tiest games the highest and then everyone follows them.

With that being said do I need to download the multiplayer demo of ghost recon advanced warfighter. I have hardly played the single player demo (have hardly gotten anywhere) but from what I have seen I don't like what I see. I have only played up to the part right after you see the first enemies. Then I die.

But from what I have seen here are my issues.

My main issue- What the ****? This is ****ing Ghost Recon. The enemies are supposed to be camouflaged and hard to see. They are, untill a ****ing red circle goes over them. What the ****??????? Everything is highlighted. You call this ****ing Ghost Recon?

Next. My movement is on the slow side. I don't know if you can change the sensitivity because this is a demo but you couldn't in the previous games and those were slow enough.

And something I'm just curious about. In some of the demos it showed the view in first person and it showed the gun in your hand. Showed gun on screen? What is with that? I thought it showed your gun on screen in this one but I don't see it when I go into first person.

So am I completely missing something? Or is this what the whole game is. I want to play some ****ing Ghost Recon. I don't want to see everybody and everything highlighted. Whatever happened to the skill of figuring out who was an enemy and who wasn't. Spotting the enemy is what Ghost Recon was all about. What ever happened to developing a keen eye and spotting the camouflaged, hard to see enemies deep in the forest or blended in with the desert?

Now we have a ****ing red diamond go over them when ever we aim anywhere near them.

So am I missing something?

ghost 009
06-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Ok I think I got done with the demo because it just ended. The diamond thing is annoying but I might be able to handle it if I bought the game.

Your just not versatile enough. I don't know if you can change the sensitivity but man it is slow as hell. Much slower than all of the other ghost recon games. The scope is pretty gay. Your just not versatile and you move to slow. Did I mention the scope and aiming is gay too? I'm downloading the online demo right now.

I know nobody cares to read this ****. But honestly it pisses me off. I have a slow ass moving guy, isn't versatile, the aiming sucks (not fast enough and scope is retarded), and not only that but my target has a ****ing red diamond around it when I move my aimer near them. I'm still trying to figure how everyone rated this as one of the best xbox 360 games (no I'm not refering to my other thread, I'm refering to in general). Wait was it because of graphics? I'll find out in a little bit.

EDITED: I played multiplayer. Its alright. I believe the aiming is a bit better. The aimer is still slow as hell. It is slower than the one in ghost recon 2. If it was just as fast then I wouldn't be complaining about it. One of the demo servers I played on didn't have the diamond for the enemies, the other did.

But the demo just seemed like a run and gun. Nothing like ghost recon 1 or 2 where you have to find cover and play it like chess, you don't just run across the map or you'll be sure dead. Apparently in this ghost recon you do.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

CarGuy
06-17-2006, 08:50 AM
I feel the same way you do. I didn't like the game.

Whisper
06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
you're wrong.. you can't play run and gun in the game.

Luck Killer
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Alright to cover some of the problems you are having. (This is in reply to the very first post).

1. You can take off the red diamonds in multiplayer, in fact almost all rooms have it off. They only leave on your friendlies indicator which is a teal colored diamond.

2. That is as slow as the redical will go, you cannot speed up how quickly your person will turn with your scope or without it. I know it sucks, but for the gameplay I can suck it up.

3. It isn't run and gun in most levels, if you play maybe 2 levels it is, but no one plays those levels anyways. So all in all the camo ability and blending in are still there, no worries.

The easiest way to get past the lack of speed in the redical is to keep it in third person, don't use first. First person you get less of a view and it makes it even worse, which is definintly apparent when you have guests on the same xbox 360 as you. But all in all at least download the demo to give it a shot, it's a great game. Especially when they are going to be releasing 4 new levels and 5 new weapons this month.

l Maximus l
06-19-2006, 06:05 PM
GRAW single handidly made me completely forget about Halo 2. GRAW pwnz and is, by far, the best Ghost Recon installment to date.

The "Over The Shoulder" view should be the evolution of the FPS genre. It's nice because the game still plays like it is in First-Person; however, you're able to see where you're standing.

The Campaign play quite a bit different than Multi-player. The "Red Diamond" thing is only present when you have a drone being used. The cool thing is that you can shoot out the enemy drone so you don't show up on radar; however, it is usually turned off anyway when playing on-line.

There is a plethora of gametypes and soon there will be downloadable maps and weapons. GRAW is the sleeper hit of Spring 2006 and moving on to Summer.

I'm anticipating Gears of War more than any other game right now, and, if it's as good as I think it is, it could be the only reason why I would eject GRAW from my 360.

pjh13
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
ever since i saw this thread i have been waiting for max to jump in and lay down the law about just how tight graw really is. glad you didnt disapoint max lol

l Maximus l
06-23-2006, 01:29 AM
ever since i saw this thread i have been waiting for max to jump in and lay down the law about just how tight graw really is. glad you didnt disapoint max lol

hehe...I hear ya, Dixie...I've been working like a crazy man - Spokane, WA one week, then two weeks all around Kansas, and then I've been training this new-hire from Oakland, CA in Seattle. Ah...finally, tomorrow is Friday and I can get back to playing some GRAW!