PDA

View Full Version : Re: Peter Moore Forgiveness?

Imperius
06-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Ok, we all know what that Brit Peter Moore said about backwards compatibility. Now I don't know about all of you, but I was taught "Its not what you say, its how you say it". Or in this case, "Its not what you mean, its what you say!"

So with all this in mind, and his appologies via Major Nelson's podcast, Do we (Should we) forgive him?

To quote a certain television show "Will you open up your hard drive, and access your mercy file? FILE NOT FOUND." (My personal view)

An executive is always repsonsible for what he says, in and out of interviews.

Maybe it was an accident, or maybe he's just a lousy interviewee, but the fact is, he is responsible. Anyway, that being said, he has appologized and I a accept it. But one of the worst feelings in life is uncertainty. So during those days of painfull wonder, thinking their cutting off "BC", its still an annoyance.

So, Do you forgive him? Post your comments.

BTW, "The code is coming" was my post, the mystery is no more and I have canceled the project, sorry to all those who were waiting".

killerscott
06-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Ok, we all know what that Brit Peter Moore said about backwards compatibility. Now I don't know about all of you, but I was taught "Its not what you say, its how you say it". Or in this case, "Its not what you mean, its what you say!"

So with all this in mind, and his appologies via Major Nelson's podcast, Do we (Should we) forgive him?

To quote a certain television show "Will you open up your hard drive, and access your mercy file? FILE NOT FOUND." (My personal view)

An executive is always repsonsible for what he says, in and out of interviews.

Maybe it was an accident, or maybe he's just a lousy interviewee, but the fact is, he is responsible. Anyway, that being said, he has appologized and I a accept it. But one of the worst feelings in life is uncertainty. So during those days of painfull wonder, thinking their cutting off "BC", its still an annoyance.

So, Do you forgive him? Post your comments.

BTW, "The code is coming" was my post, the mystery is no more and I have canceled the project, sorry to all those who were waiting".

It's not a big deal, really. strange

ShadedNine
06-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I didn't even know something was said about something.

Probly something to do with my not giving a rat's a** about backwards compatibility :)

Imperius
06-18-2006, 11:09 AM
*gasps at ShadedNine's comment

*sprays him with holy water

BLASPHEMY!

The power of christ compells you, the power of christ compells you!

Listen not to ShadedNine, for he is posessed with the spirit of Ken Kutaragi of Sony Entertainment!

Muahahaha

Watch as he takes another form! HE'S NOW BILL GATES SAYING HE'S STEPPING DOWN! :hardcore:

:whistle:

ShadedNine
06-18-2006, 11:48 AM
???

I can't figure out why people want BC so badly, short of maybe Halo/Halo2. Other than that, I really don't see myself ever playing an old Xbox game outside of the true classics. I couldn't care less if barbie's pony adventure makes it on the BC list.

It can be a little annoying that the new Xbox titles coming out aren't, but none of them have been all that good anyway, and It's not the lack of compatibility that bothers me, but that the developers didn't take the time to make a 360 version that suited the 360, so I'm not gonna spend any hard earned dough on them anyway.

Nurb
06-18-2006, 06:53 PM
everything about the 360 since its launch has been one big mess and details and features about it have been made needlessly 'mysterious' and confusing because these idiot execs can't keep thier facts straight. They have been foregoing decent games for work on LIVE, which is the one thing they got completely right, but I don't care about zillions of network do-dads or hundreds of ways to get in contact with people I wouldn't even EMAIL in real life! I want GAMES, and right now there's been a slow trickle of good ones, and nearly NO exclusives... seriously, I've not had to get a 360 because a lot of the good ones are on PC as well.

They cost themselves a customer for the time being.