PDA

View Full Version : Childrens games?

rmichelli
02-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I bought the Xbox mostly for my own pleasure, because it is the best gaming system on the market without a doubt.
My only question is this. I have a 18 month old son, and while he is too young to play with a gaming console at the moment...he will be able to soon enough. Does anyone know if there are any games planned in the future geared towards young children?
Xbox has what it takes to make some awesome games with the best graphics. They really need to widen there selection of games for more younger children. If a parent like myself wants the great entertainment the Xbox supplies, there should at least be some great games for young children too, so we don't need to go out and buy PS/2, Gamecube or some other lame console just for them.

Spaztic
02-26-2002, 04:05 PM
MS officially released a statement awhile ago stating that the xbox is going to be geared for a more mature audience. Now what that means to me is that their isn't going to be a large focus on bringing out "kiddie" games. I know Shrek and and a handful of other games are out....but as far as the future....I don't know because those kind of games don't interest me. The best idea I can suggest is going out to Gamespot and reading up on the games comming out!

darianX
02-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Yes, the previous poster is right in saying the Xbox is geared towards the "hardcore" gamers, 16-30 age group. However, this doesn't mean every game will be hardcore. Shrek, from what I heard and saw, IS geared towards the younger crowd, perhaps the 8-12 yr old market. My 5 yr old didn't like it beyond the gas jokes though... he really likes DOA3 :cool: I let him play some games just so he can run around and do silly things....he goofs around with Project Gotham and Amped, games that he don't have the capacity to actually play, he just likes to move around and hit things :D

All in all, I would say there really isn't anything right now for kids, although I could see an 8 yr old playing Munch or something like that....