PDA

View Full Version : Small blurb on Assasins Creed and Xbox360

Highlite23
06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
A small blurb in this month GI:

Playstation 3 Exclusives jumping ship?
It's a sign of the times. Exclusivity isn't nearly what it once was, and we've heard rumors that high-profile titles such as Ubisofts's Assasins Creed and Pandemic's Mercinaries 2 aren't exclusive to the Playstation 3 as advertised. So, expect both to be announced for the Xbox 360 in the future.

It's all making sence now....:whistle:

Tony_Macaroni
06-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Sweeeeeet!

wulkar
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
YES!!!!!!. WOOT... oh sorry just alittle to happy here.

i have wanted to play assassins creed on the 360 since i saw it in GI.

ShaDovV RyDer
06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I acually refused to read the preview in GI because for some reason I hate anything Playstation but I guess I'll have to go back and check it out now.

m4oH
06-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Man I was so ticked when I saw Assassin's Creed in GI and learned that it was only for PS3. This is great news! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

l Maximus l
06-23-2006, 01:19 AM
This game looks sick...It makes me wonder if Ubisoft made the decision or if MS wrote a little check that has a few extra 0's on it to make this happen...

But, who cares!? It appears that some AC love is coming for the 360!

vman
06-23-2006, 03:35 AM
http://xbox360.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151655 <-Full Article

Given Ubisoft's history as a multiplatform developer and its rise to prominence as such, it seems unlikely that Ubisoft would jeopardize potential revenue by limiting a new, promising franchise to Sony's PS3 (especially given the console's high price tag and limited audience within the first few months). Really, at this point, there seem to be two future possibilities:

Sony may be considering a timed exclusive on Assassin's Creed: This deal would mirror the deal that Sony struck with Rockstar Games regarding its Grand Theft Auto franchise exclusivity on the PS2 -- Microsoft was able to publish the GTA games after an amount of time had gone by. Generally, the time frame for these exclusives is six months. A deal like this would be accompanied with a clause that keeps Ubisoft PR gagged from talking about the game coming to other platforms until a certain timeframe had passed.

Sony paid for the exclusive rights to announce Assassin's Creed as a PS3 game: This option seems like the most likely, because it directly affords the publisher, Ubisoft, a tremendous negotiating advantage. Ubisoft has intended Assassin's Creed to be a multiplatform title, but by selling the rights to simply announce the game a company like Sony would reap the positive press from the admittedly impressive title.

But even if Sony doesn't want to pay for the timed or lifetime exclusive rights to the game, this deal may have had a secondary element to it. If Assassin's Creed is -- as widely speculated -- a multiplatform game, both Sony and Ubisoft benefit from that information not being public.

Sony benefits because the press surrounding Assassin's Creed, coupled with the knowledge that it will be available on PS3 serves to raise expectations and excitement for its next-gen platform. Ubisoft also has a pretty powerful bargaining chip if Sony decides it wants to pay for the rights to the game for a timed exclusive or a lifetime exclusive. But will taking money to keep Assassin's PS3 only offset the potential revenue loss from the system only being available on one platform? Ubisoft's lack of comment on Assassin's Creed's release calendar may indicate that the company is still considering an exclusive deal.

Ubisoft's silence is justified because they benefit from it right now; so does Sony. But when this all sorts itself out, we're expecting to see Assassin's Creed on the Xbox 360 and we're expecting to see it at the same time as it ships for the PS3. However, it's why neither Sony nor Ubisoft will comment on Assassin's Creed that makes this game's path to release and the business of exclusivity interesting. Despite our hunch, if Sony wants Assassin's Creed exclusively, just like if they wanted Grand Theft Auto exclusively on PS2, it's likely that all they have to do is show Ubisoft the money... making the only question left: Will they?

Unreal
06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
I have no idea what Assasins Creed is or about. Does anyone have any pics or info on the game?

l Maximus l
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I have no idea what Assasins Creed is or about. Does anyone have any pics or info on the game?

You can easily check the game listings on this site or even do a Google search. Don't worry, it won't be a waste of your time.

Also, check out www.gametrailers.com and select Assasins Creed...

By the way, it's good to see you again, Unreal :)

laughs
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Nice pre-rendered movie there... Is there any actual game footage available?

J4320
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Doesn't matter what system it comes out for to me since mine is coming free.

:D

vman
06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Nice pre-rendered movie there... Is there any actual game footage available?
that was actually in-game....

laughs
06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
that was actually in-game....

That was in-game? The hollywood camera angles suggest otherwise to me. :confused:

vman
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
That was in-game? The hollywood camera angles suggest otherwise to me. :confused:
thats cause its a cut scene... its not gameplay

laughs
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
thats cause its a cut scene... its not gameplay

Yeah, I'm wondering if there are any videos of actual game play. Not cut scenes.

vman
06-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering if there are any videos of actual game play. Not cut scenes.
oh right, sorry. thats my bad dude. but too my knowledge, no there is not yet. but there are a few interviews on gametrailers.com

laughs
06-23-2006, 06:43 PM
oh right, sorry. thats my bad dude. but too my knowledge, no there is not yet. but there are a few interviews on gametrailers.com

Either way, it looks like it's going to be a great game.

Unreal
06-23-2006, 08:04 PM
You can easily check the game listings on this site or even do a Google search. Don't worry, it won't be a waste of your time.

Also, check out www.gametrailers.com and select Assasins Creed...

By the way, it's good to see you again, Unreal :)
Thanks Maximus. I will check it out now. Evern since I got XBL I hardly come around. But it should change now that I have most of my games finished lol