PDA

View Full Version : Prey Demo?

greenpyro
06-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Where the **** is my prey demo? the pc users got it!

TheCovenant
06-26-2006, 02:06 AM
I went on the prey forums at 3d realms (really nice guys, btw. I was really impressed with the level of interaction), and supposedly they turned the demo into microsoft last week, but microsoft has been having problems with compatibility issues with the recent update. Prey unfortunatly falls victim to this problem.

Since microsoft doesn't release new content over the weekend, poeple are hoping for a monday release, but more likely it will be tuesday or even wednesday.

Ive read mixed reviews about the demo, but ill wait to play it myself before i make any judgement.

Joe siegal (of HH/ 3dr) stated in an ealier interview that the demo was 20% of the final game. This was a reference to content, not time. Since you play five levels, he was merely stating that you only played 20% of the levels, with 23 in mind, and some levels being longer than the entire demo alone. He went on to clarify that the demo, "is actually 10%, but more like 7.5% of the final game" and went on to say that, "and thats in the coolness factor too. You guys have no idea what's coming", which leads to a very promising near future for prey fans indeed.

Conspiracies have been cycling the net concerning microsfts alterior agenda in the market place. GRAW, which came out with the most expensive DL content to date, released this content at the same time the prey demo was scheduled to be released. SInce that would 'cause internal competition, and it would draw serious attention away from the GRAW content, the prey demo was delayed a week so that UBI, one of microsoft's most prominent third party dev teams, could reap the benefits. Of course, this should be taken with a grain of salt, as internet conspiracies are rarely backed by any real means of proof.

So till early next week, i guess we'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

EDIT:

oh yea, and here's a hilarious reply to a post that stated that microsoft was gay. The reply was stated by a 3Drealms staff member.

"It's not Microsoft's fault. They aren't gay. Really." - George Broussard"

greenpyro
06-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I went on the prey forums at 3d realms (really nice guys, btw. I was really impressed with the level of interaction), and supposedly they turned the demo into microsoft last week, but microsoft has been having problems with compatibility issues with the recent update. Prey unfortunatly falls victim to this problem.

Since microsoft doesn't release new content over the weekend, poeple are hoping for a monday release, but more likely it will be tuesday or even wednesday.

Ive read mixed reviews about the demo, but ill wait to play it myself before i make any judgement.

Joe siegal (of HH/ 3dr) stated in an ealier interview that the demo was 20% of the final game. This was a reference to content, not time. Since you play five levels, he was merely stating that you only played 20% of the levels, with 23 in mind, and some levels being longer than the entire demo alone. He went on to clarify that the demo, "is actually 10%, but more like 7.5% of the final game" and went on to say that, "and thats in the coolness factor too. You guys have no idea what's coming", which leads to a very promising near future for prey fans indeed.

Conspiracies gave been cycling the net concerning microsfts alterior agenda in the market place. GRAW, which came out with the most expensive DL content to date, released this content at the same time the prey demo was scheduled to be released. SInce that would 'cause internal competition, and it would draw serious attention away from the GRAW content, the prey demo was delayed a week so that UBI, one of microsoft's most prominent third party dev teams, could reap the benefits. Of course, this should be taken with a grain of salt, as internet conspiracies are rarely backed by any real means of proof.

So till early next week, i guess we'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

EDIT:

oh yea, and here's a hilarious reply to a post that stated that microsoft was gay. The reply was stated by a 3Drealms staff member.

"It's not Microsoft's fault. They aren't gay. Really." - George Broussard"

Holy crap....well that answered my question...thanks...

Rather Unique
06-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Um yeah prey is in the XBL Market place now so go d/l it.

ll Mista GT ll
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I already have it lol. Its been on since yesterday for me :s

m4oH
07-01-2006, 11:30 AM
This demo is awesome. Anyone else beat it yet?

Nato King
07-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Ya can someone please but what they think of the demo and if it's worth getting for those that has not or will be getting it.

greenpyro
07-01-2006, 02:02 PM
well, i'm way ahead of you guys, already downloaded and beat the demo, and am playing it again as we speak. personally, i love it. it's got some crazy **** in it that might make you jump, but not too much. mostly i just found it really frun to play, didn't like the online very much though. i might even pick this game up when it comes out if the single player proves to be rather long. i just don't buy short games unless they've got really good multiplayer, and that's one thing prey doesn't have...too much run-n-gun

l Maximus l
07-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I still haven't taken the time to download it...I'll get around to it in a day or two. The weather around here in Seattle has been so kick ass lately that it's hard to go inside the house.

In the State of Washington (atleast the Western half of the State), it's very unusual to own an air-conditioner because it's only warm for a couple months, typically, and it's really not worth it. But, damn, it's been pretty hot for a while now....It's pretty kick ass!

Anyway, I'll get around to downloading it....

killerscott
07-03-2006, 05:35 PM
it rocks! It's just so different. And you can **** with everything. I went on the juke box and found some sweet music. and played blackjack in the bar. Plus the weapons are crazy, and you cant technically die. Just go to the spirit world. the graphics are definately next gen but probably not the best seen so far. The character interaction is good. You walk up to somone and they either tell you to F off or they talk to you. Not even yet mentioning the walking and portals. It's insane. I will buy. And i expect that the multiplayer will be updated. When's the release?

edit: I'm fresh from playing the multiplayer and I must say, that is the downside of the game. It's laggy, though im sure that will be better, but its just a lot of running around. I cant tell how big the levels are because it all looks the same. it also makes it hard to traverse. Weapons are alright but not great. It isn't great. Noone i met online thought it was good either. but most people I talk to say they will buy for the main game.

laughs
07-04-2006, 01:17 AM
I just played the demo and I must say, it does remind me off my past experience of being abducted. I really feel they hit the nail on the head with this one. It totally brings back some much wanted memories. Thanks 3d Realms! :cheers:

y2kash_14
07-05-2006, 03:07 AM
just downloaded it and finished it...i'm left...unimpressed. The presentation of the game is excellent (those portals are wicked.) Though the graphics are lacking in some, random, things (like the sink in the beginning, I know it's minor, but c'mon, it's the first thing you see in the game.) There are some very original ideas, but none that really upped the gameplay for me (Controlling the "spirit" is hardly any different from controlling yourself.) The guns were pretty cool. But this just doesn't seem like my kind of game.

I also d/l the Lost Planet demo...not sure how old it is, but I was never really interested in the game before I read the EGM preview of it...I did enjoy this one. The guns were amazing and it has some of the best effects I've ever seen.

y2kash_14
07-05-2006, 03:09 AM
sorry. double post.

mattgame
07-05-2006, 09:58 AM
May be a rental for me. I liked it but with NCAA coming out in the same week......................

Shawn-XBA
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
I played the demo yesterday and I really liked it. The portals are awesome, I'm going to be getting this game for sure :cool:

Luck Killer
07-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I felt as if the people who made the game were stoned while making it. Thinking people flipping constantly would be an exciting thing, when in reality it is more nausiating than anything. I found it too caotic and dull for my tastes... Reminds me too much of the DOOM series, which also sucks btw.

Kyle Static
07-09-2006, 01:31 AM
I also d/l the Lost Planet demo...not sure how old it is, but I was never really interested in the game before I read the EGM preview of it...I did enjoy this one. The guns were amazing and it has some of the best effects I've ever seen.

The lost planet demo was excellent, I can't wait for this game to come out. Prey was also slightly unsatisfactory....nice use of portals but it just feels unfinished, hopefully the end game is more polished.

CrazyCougar
07-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Didnt get much from the demo other than an Unreal Championship/Doom nauseating feeling. Definitely passing on this one and looking towards chromehounds and NCAA Football.

Also on a side note, I am very turned off by the trend developers seem to be following of using excessive and very explicite profanity in games. I'm sorry but there is no reason that the F-Bomb needs to be dropped in a game NOR taking the Lord's name in veign. Just unacceptable in my opinion. But all the kiddies without values now in this society will think its kewl. Pathetic.

greenpyro
07-09-2006, 01:58 PM
i can see where you're coming from about it feeling pretty chaotic, but i only really got that feeling from the multiplayer... i thought the singleplayer was great. oh, and to the post above this one, don't get you're hopes up for chromehounds. i made a new xbl silver account just so i could download the demo (said i was from the united kingdom and used the postal/area code of the royal family), and it really wasn't that good at all. i was very dissapointed cause i too was really looking forwards to chromhounds, but it was just ridiculously slow-paced, and now i've read some pretty bad pre/reviews on the internet. i really just don't think chromehoundas is gonna be very good...

CarGuy
07-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Prey isn't that big of a deal.. It's kinda cool but not my cup of tea...

ShaDovV RyDer
07-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Can someone tell me if this is something that I should download?? It really sounds like we have mixed feelings about the game so maybe I need to DL it and see if it's my type of game.

y2kash_14
07-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I think you answered your own question there bud.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-11-2006, 09:24 AM
I know...just shut it...:crying:

greenpyro
07-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Can someone tell me if this is something that I should download?? It really sounds like we have mixed feelings about the game so maybe I need to DL it and see if it's my type of game.

i would say definatly dl it, obviously we have mixed feelings about it, as you said, but it seems to me as if it's a love it or hate it type of game, and if you love it, you love it, and if you hate it, just delete the download, no harm done.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Ya I downloaded it last night and me and my buddy went through the singleplayer together via cross-chat or whatever. I think we both agree that the Singleplayer is amazing and if we were to buy the game it would be for the singleplayer alone. However we are both players that 90% of the time are playing online multiplayer and that is were this game falls short. The only really new thing in the multiplayer is that you can walk on walls and the ceiling. I just feel like it's too much run and gun for me and not enough innovation. This is definatly (SP) a game that I will get when the price drops a few times though just so I can run through the singleplayer.

greenpyro
07-12-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah man i feel the same way as you. i thought the single player was great, but the multiplayer pretty much sucked.

l Maximus l
07-13-2006, 01:29 AM
I still haven't downloaded it...the weather in Seattle is so nice...I haven't even played on my 360 hardly at all. It's not that I am getting out of gaming, but, if you guys lived in rainy Seattle, you'd understand that it's pretty sweet around here when the sun comes out!

Anyway, based on what I read here, I don't think it's worth sweating my ass off inside my house just to play a lackluster demo. Bummer, I was hoping that this might be good. I have strong homes for Gears of War, though...