PDA

View Full Version : oxm needs to get it straight

Bundy
02-26-2002, 07:58 PM
so does oxm have editors or people that review the articles? They really messed upon some ghost recon stuff.

Cause in point. Page 42 of the April issue of OXM talking about Ghost Recon:
Lists release date as Q2 2002. Then under the heading "When does the killing begin" they have Q3 2002. Now these two dates are like 2 inches away from each other. They mess up even more.

Page 49, they have Ghost Recon release date as Q2 2002. WTF???

On another OXM note, they gave JSRF a 9.2. I don't see how it is in the same class or even close to halo.

xfan2k2
02-26-2002, 08:08 PM
you speak the truth

BUT JSRF is an amaizing game.. I suggest you either play it, or look into it furthr before you deem the 9.2 a falty score. I own this game and it is on the same level of gaming goodness as halo(in my opinion).

GRAVEDIGGER
02-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Yea, OXM is pretty *** when it comes to consistency, but they still do a decent job with the mag.

BTW, XFAN2k2 is JSRF that good on a serious note, cause i was gonna go pic it up today yo after i say that dam commercial, so i wanted to get someones opinion who has played the game or has bought it:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Frink
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
I just bought JSRF two hours ago and having stopped playing it.
The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is awesome. I would definately pick it up.

Razor70
02-27-2002, 11:29 PM
Just a thought guys...did the article say anything about the online part of the game...I was just wondering if they were meaning the game would be out in Q2 but would not go online until Q3 when the new date is for online. Could this have been what they might have meant? Just wondered..haven't got to see the new OXM yet...no one around here has it yet.

Bundy
02-28-2002, 06:04 AM
I believe, I don't have it in front of me so I will have to check tonight, but they did think it will be online. But OXM never said anything about the game coming out now, and online later. It was just a lack of proof reading to me.

FuNkY mOnK
02-28-2002, 07:11 AM
Do you guys recommend JSRF, for any gamer or for the cult, who inline skate mostly. I notice a majority of Tony hawk fans, like skateboarding.

Woocifer
02-28-2002, 07:52 AM
JSRF, as what I know of it, is basically just a fast paced game with different(maybe awesome?) graphics and a new twist to the idea of mission based play.

Think about it though, open cities...super mega tricks due to freaky moon boot skates...(terrible music I think)...and you spray paint the walls among other tasks.

It's not the most intricate idea out there, but you can bet that it is different at least. I hear it runs nicely but has some slow down. I had the original on DC, it was all right...kinda cool cuz you can go anywhere in the city... I just found it to get either a little too hard, rediculous and maybe outran it's premise.

But if you're interested, I'd say pick it up because it has a short history of quality, you can be assured of that.

As for it being as good as Halo? Well the points system is set up to a system from 1-10...not 1-Halo...JSRF is probably a really good game, just not in the style that Halo is a good game.

I want to try it, but I just bought a game and don't want to waste the money, so I will have to wait a little later.

Bundy
02-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer

As for it being as good as Halo? Well the points system is set up to a system from 1-10...not 1-Halo...JSRF is probably a really good game, just not in the style that Halo is a good game.

I know the system is based 1-10. When did I ever say Halo was the standard that all games should be measured against?

anthrax0r
02-28-2002, 08:32 AM
From what I've heard on the user end, JSRF is one of the must haves for the system at this point. Though being the broke chap I am, no game for me for quite a while :(

Encisco
02-28-2002, 08:47 AM
JSRF is truly awsome. I think it would appeal to any sort of gamer. I never got around to playing the first one, and it took me about 15min to pick up the gameplay. The levels are huge and very alive. The action is fast paced, the music is very good and the cel-shading is amazing. I do feel this game does belong up there with the likes of Halo. This is one of the few games that I've said "wow" to when skating around. I haven't had this much fun playing a game on the xobx since Halo. This is a must get for any Xbox gamer. You will be hooked the minute the game starts up. :)

-Encisco

Bundy
02-28-2002, 08:58 AM
well with all the positive feedback, i guess I owe jsrf at least a rent...