PDA

View Full Version : is ubisoft crazy?

Bundy
02-26-2002, 08:05 PM
So depending on what you believe, ghost recon will be out between Q2 and Q4 (see my other thread about OXM). Now in addition to this, ubisoft is bringing out Rainbow Six III in Q4 2002 (according to OXM). I figure they are waiting on ghost recon for online play, but they better include the new add-on that was just released for the pc.

It just seems to me that ubisoft will be releasing two great, but similar games, for the XBOX really close. Many fans of the series would probably buy both, but I don't know if many will if they come out that close together. I know that they are not the same game exactly, but they are very similar. I have owned all the pc versions of the rainbow series and loved them. I have been eagerly awaiting Ghost Recon for the xbox, and was unaware of Rainbow Six III until today. I really don’t know which one will get my money. I hate that they may compete.

Of course with how release dates are, this all may be a moot point. J

darianX
02-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Personally, I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by doing that. Ghost Recon is in many ways superior to Rainbow Six. No monotonous mission planning and more emphasis on thinking on your feet. I haven't played GR on the PC but from what I hear it kicks R6's beehind.