PDA

View Full Version : Prey

killerscott
07-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Soooooooooooo. Now I have the full game. Gotta say that I'm enjoying it. It's kept me very interested. Usually I'll only play a fps for about an hour or 2 then stop. I played Prey until 5 AM. The game is very much like the demo. Infact, the first 5 or so "levels" are the demo. Except now you get 10 gamer points for each one. So it does feel like they are giving away those gamer points. Since I've started Prey I think I have accumulated about 200, without playing the harder mode, which is locked until you beat the regular, or playing live. I must say though even if the multiplayer sucks I will feel like it has been worth it. The graphics are good, the gameplay is great, and the story is unusual. Tell me what you guys are thinking.

Nato King
07-16-2006, 07:56 AM
thanks killerscott for your comments on the game it really made me think twice about this game. I haven't gotten the demo yet because I have been busy doing some other things but now that I have some free time I am going to download the demo if it's still there. I hope others will post the comments on the game.

Koopa
07-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Well the demo was definitely awesome, but the concerns I have are

a)graphics, which were kinda inconsistent--some parts were great, some were ugly (human character models, some textures)
b)length--I hear its really short, and the multiplayer is fun but could get old with just 2 modes
c)lag--the mp demo was laggy as ****, even though it was pretty fun

So with those problems, i have a hard time justifying a purchase--but definitely a rent!

wulkar
07-16-2006, 09:45 PM
thae game is short but most FPS are. i beat the game the first day and i played it for maybe 6 hours straight, me and a friend were racing to see who could beat it faster, i won by 20 min. but only cuz he got stuck at a puzzle.

the game looks good, gameplay is very innovate and creative, i havent played online because i know it is still laggy, and i didnt enjoy the lag in the demo.

all in all its a good game.

l Maximus l
07-17-2006, 12:09 AM
So far, it sounds like a game that will be forgotten in a few months...

CuartoDePuto
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
cool to hear some positive reviews, this just shipped from gamefly for me.

if it is short like some people have said, i'm glad i didn't buy it

killerscott
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah. I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind a short game. As long as it keeps me interested the whole time, which prey has so far.

laughs
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM

What game?

Unreal
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I have the game, beat it on normal and I am going through it again.

Nurb
07-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I enjoyed the demo, hehe, its so awesome to see the parts I got to work on during my internship

y2kash_14
07-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Same here too Max...I was never as excited about this game as everyone else seemed to be...Guess I never really "got it."

Kyle Static
07-19-2006, 08:18 PM
The thing that really bugged me about this game was the first weapon you get. I don't know about any of the other weapons in the game but I'm huge on how the game presents the weapon. The weapon is frankly like firing a bunch of rib-cage bones that were stuck together with gum....am I the only one that wants big beefy quake 4 type weapons that kick some ass...not stick guns?

Slacker
07-22-2006, 12:03 AM
I found Prey to be a fun game , I don't race through games I explore them (read posters, look at debris,check out textures,listen to audio,)
and just cruise through games,, I like to see what the artists and designers did and respect their work , it's really worth playing at least once, and for anyone who is into the paranormal theres lots of fun references

Jelloman653
07-22-2006, 09:11 PM
The thing that really bugged me about this game was the first weapon you get. I don't know about any of the other weapons in the game but I'm huge on how the game presents the weapon. The weapon is frankly like firing a bunch of rib-cage bones that were stuck together with gum....am I the only one that wants big beefy quake 4 type weapons that kick some ass...not stick guns?

I thought it was really creative. We usually just stick to human weapons, i thought it was unique to have alien weapons. But it was creepy when you had to kill that possesed girl. Over and over agian.

NiNeBReaKeR
07-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I thought it was really creative. We usually just stick to human weapons, i thought it was unique to have alien weapons. But it was creepy when you had to kill that possesed girl. Over and over agian.
tea that b**** really started pissing me off till i found out i could just crawl under that wall and walk away lolz but i think the weapons in game are cool as hell i love the ripping bugs in half and throwing them acting as grnades thats just brilliant such a fun game!!

BlindSniper
07-31-2006, 10:24 PM
I was really interested in this game, I think I'll pick it up. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't play through a story twice though. I take my time when playing and tend to stay away from live too much. All of my 360 play time nowadays comes from games with a GREAT story line that I can run through once and pack away.

My only question is what the story is like. Pointless gore and alien homicide only lasts for about 2 hours on me. Was anyone really intrigued by the story and kept your attention throughout?

I'll definitely buy it, not rent. My total addiction for the box wore thin about a year ago and I only get like 5 hours play time a week in.

Edit: Jesus, I've been here for 4 year. I need an answer stat before I get addicted and come back again!

TheCovenant
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
i really liked prey's story a lot. i'd go with prey, personally.

Mwright
08-06-2006, 01:07 PM
I just bought this game along with 2 of my other friends yesterday....and im having a good time playing it....the best part has to be the gravity walls...which is really interesting in multiplayer...Buy it

m4oH
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I just rented this game and I'd have to say that it has a decent but short sp and a really bad laggy mp. Maybe worth a rent but I wouldn't recommend for a buy.

Mwright
08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I just rented this game and I'd have to say that it has a decent but short sp and a really bad laggy mp. Maybe worth a rent but I wouldn't recommend for a buy.
buy it but i only buy one game summer because most of the best games come out in the fall

Mwright
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
okay i just finished the game and its got one hell of an ending and i cant wait for the next one...any ideas on what that game might be like