PDA

View Full Version : LOST game!

laughs
07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
This news is pretty old now, but I never seen anything up about it so I thought I'd make a thread to get your opinion on the whole thing. I can't wait for this one as I am addicted to LOST!

May 22, 2006 - Today Ubisoft announced a long-term worldwide licensing agreement with Touchstone Television to develop and publish a video game based on the television series Lost. Developed by Ubisoft's Montréal studio and scheduled to hit retail shelves worldwide in 2007, the game will be offered for home and portable consoles as well as PCs.

For those of you living under a rock, Lost is the uber-popular television series about a group of seeming strangers who crash land on an island which is infested (or infected? Who knows? It is part of the mystery!) with polar bears, dinosaurs, hatches, and mystery. Lost has been licensed in over 210 territories worldwide. The series has been a Top 3 U.S. series on free TV channels in every international territory it has aired.

"We are delighted to work with Bryan Burk, one of the biggest producers in Hollywood and with Touchstone Television," said Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft. "That they have chosen us for the adaptation of the cult series 'Lost' is the best homage that a producer can make to the creativity of Ubisoft."

Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television said, "We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series."

"The creative appeal of Lost transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology," said Julia Franz of Touchstone Television. "It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch Lost, the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience."

Said giddy Lost executive producer Bryan Burk, "With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the Lost universe, we're giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create."

When contacted for more juicy details on the game, Ubisoft kept mum and promised more information soon. Lost: The Transcendent Videogame is scheduled for organic extension on all available consoles, portables, and PCs in 2007.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/709/709584p1.html

Tony_Macaroni
07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
oo this seems ****in sweet!