PDA

View Full Version : NCAA football 07

pjh13
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
hey i was just wondering if anyone has played the demo. I want to pick this game up but i want to here some reviews first and i cant download the demo because i cant use XBL right now. I assume it will be very similar to all other ncaa football games made by ea but i just want some of your guys immpressions of it.

mattgame
07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Looks good plays not so good. Too many dropped passes. No sense of speed. It's like the first Madden for the 360 except now it's the college boys.

pjh13
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Looks good plays not so good. Too many dropped passes. No sense of speed. It's like the first Madden for the 360 except now it's the college boys.

damn that sucks, i was hoping that it would finally be a football game worthy of the 360. I will probably still buy it because i need my football fix but i was really hoping it would be a quality game, not just more ea crap.

mattgame
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I got it today. I'll give a full review in a day or two.

pjh13
07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
i just picked it up today also. I must say i really like it, i think the momentum(sp) system is flawed but the game doesnt suffer to much. I just think that sometimes it seems that it is immpossible to stop a team with the momentum on there side(that could change as i have only played about 5 games so far), it just seems as if you bounce righ toff the ball carrier . The player control is 10 times better then madden 06 for 360, which was my biggest complaint with that game. In this one i catch a 10 yard curl and dont lose yards its amazing.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Would you guys recommend this game as a buy or a rent? I very much enjoyed the demo but it kind of seemed like there were a lot of dropped passes. Is that the case in the full game? What are the graphics like compared to Madden 06? I would just like to hear the opinions of fellow gamers. Thanks

thevald
07-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I justed picked this game up today. I have played at Mich, Colorado, and Texas. The Stadiums are really really good. This is a must have game for my collection.

pjh13
07-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Would you guys recommend this game as a buy or a rent? I very much enjoyed the demo but it kind of seemed like there were a lot of dropped passes. Is that the case in the full game? What are the graphics like compared to Madden 06? I would just like to hear the opinions of fellow gamers. Thanks

i just finished my first full season(won it all with arizona, willie tuitama for heismen) and i would reccomend it as a buy. I havent had a big problem with the dropped passes at all, i dont think i have dropped one that i user caught. The graphics are great(its hard for me to compare to madden because i recently got a new hdtv and have recently got rid of madden having never played it on the new tv. So NCAA looks way better but i am not sure how much of that is a result of the tv and how much is a result of the game), the staduims look beautiful it really is amazing how well they did the stadiums. As with all EA games there are little annoying things that they should have done differant, but all in all i really liek the game and would reccomened it as a buy.

mattgame
07-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm in love and here's why, I love the feel of the game. I love the view of the stadium, the graphics, the hits, the people on the sideline, the crowds, it feels more like a real football game than ever before. What I don't like is not being able to create my own team. Not being able feel that camera shake during those pressure moments. Some of the movements of the players are a little wierd. Overall, I am glad I have it.:cheers:

Heavens Gate
07-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it's a great first effort by EA. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay is the perfect speed and remember you can make it faster if you wish. I like the name generator. Instead of hearing number 12 caught that for a big gain , turn on name generator and it will say evans caught that ball for a big gain. It adds more realism to the game and the stadiums look great (try to play a 6:00 game and the lighting is incredible. I also like the real life sports ticker. Not many complaints. And for those who complain about dropped passes, hold the y button. I love the new defensive jump move. get it right and that QB is toast. It's a great game to say the least and I'm glad to have it in my library. I bet this game wil look and play better than the new Madden. People are now starting to realize that EA's college game is where it's at!

:cheers:

pjh13
07-26-2006, 10:53 PM
now that i have played it some more i will elaborate on the things i dont like about the game.

ok my first big complaint, 9 times out of ten when you hit a running back(and its not just the running back but it is just happens the most with them) he doesnt go down like you would see in a real game, he falls forward for three or four yards almost everytime. it is so annoying when your star linebaker gets a clean hit on an average or even below average running back and your linebacker just bounces off of him, every running back is earl campbell all the sudden. even if you do manage to bring the back down you still get trucked. you see more linebackers get ran over in one series then in real full length college or pro game. That is my main complaint, the running backs just all seem to be to powerful, but i have some other minor ones also.

the kicking game, is it just me or is it impossible to get a touchback on a kickoff? almost every time i get the meter all the way to the top and still usually kick it only to about the 35, i just dont get it. I cant even kck it all the way to the deep guy usually i just kick it to the up back, so i am put in a hole on defense right away because they are starting at the 45. I dont know if i am doing something wrong or if this is just the game but the kicking system just seems real flawed to me.

Also i dont like the momentum system, it doesnt really work. I can put togethr a 15 play drive where i just dominate the line of scrimmage all the way down the field and the other team still has the momuntem, a drive like that would demoralize(Sp) a defense so bad yet they still have the momentum. My other complaint with the momuntem meter is how unbalanced it can make somethings. It just seems when the computer(or another person) has the momentum they are impossible to stop, i cant block them, break a tackle, or anything like that. The system just seems very unbalanced, momentum is important but from my experiance playing football(clearly not at this high of a level but still) but no so important that it is impossible to do anything if the other team has had a big play.

alright thats really all i can think of right now, and i know it sounds like alot but i still really like this game i just wish they could change some of those things.

also i am sorry for any grammer or spelling errors, i wrote this from my phone so it is kinda hard to read over and edit, i will as soon as i have access to a computer.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Also i dont like the momentum system, it doesnt really work. I can put togethr a 15 play drive where i just dominate the line of scrimmage all the way down the field and the other team still has the momuntem, a drive like that would demoralize(Sp) a defense so bad yet they still have the momentum. My other complaint with the momuntem meter is how unbalanced it can make somethings. It just seems when the computer(or another person) has the momentum they are impossible to stop, i cant block them, break a tackle, or anything like that. The system just seems very unbalanced, momentum is important but from my experiance playing football(clearly not at this high of a level but still) but no so important that it is impossible to do anything if the other team has had a big play.

I thought that I read an interview or something over at TeamXbox.com that the momentum has nothing to do with the actuall game besides just getting the croud loud or getting them to shut up. From what I remember it doesn't give either team a momentary boost in stats or any other sort of help for that matter.

I'll see if I can find it.

pjh13
07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I thought that I read an interview or something over at TeamXbox.com that the momentum has nothing to do with the actuall game besides just getting the croud loud or getting them to shut up. From what I remember it doesn't give either team a momentary boost in stats or any other sort of help for that matter.

I'll see if I can find it.

really? weird i thought i read in the game book that it increases the odds of a fumble from a big hit, or breaking a tackle, just makes it more likely that a big play will happen. But i am not sure i will have to look

edit:alright so i looked in the game book to check and this is what it said

Controlling momentum means controlling the game, and that's never been more important than in NCAA Football 07. Every game starts out with both teams holding even momentum, but starting with the opening kickoff it can shift on any given play. Now, more than ever before, you must do more then score if you expect to win---you must keep momentum working in your favor with big plays(including trick plays) on offense, by punishing your opponent on defense with sacks, turnovers, and goal line stands, or by making big blocks with your special teams.
The Momentum meter ranges from +5 to -5, and affects your chances at making the big play, whether it's breaking a tackle on offense or forcing a turnover on defense. The higher your momentum, the better your team plays.

mattgame
07-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow. Well, I hear your complaints but I don't agree. I get trucked but I give out more underwearsoiling hits than getting trucked. The kciking system is different but you have to kepp that bar up to the top to get a good kick. I have gotten it to the 5 yard line. Keep working on it, you'll get it.:cheers:

pjh13
07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
yeah i have got the kicking worket out a bit, i can consitentaly(Sp) kick it to about the 12 or so. I was just putting a bad trajectory(sp) on it so it was coming up short. i still feel the kickers arent as powerful as a real D1 kicker is but its not as bad as i thought now that i have figured it out some

pjh13
07-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Alright i am just wondering if anyone out there could help me with recruiting. I am terrible at it and i dont understand why, i am sure it is something small that i am jsut missing but i am getting to frustrated to try much longer. I have redone this recruiting class 15 times and i have yet to get a top 10 recruting class, oh yeah and i am the two time defending national champ its not like i should have trouble getting people to play for me. I have recruits interested and i recruit them but it just seems they never sign, i have not gotten 1 5 star recruit yet, and i dont just offer them the same reasons for coming to my school everytime, i switch up the vists and the phone calls and the reasons why they should play for me and it jus doesnt work. 4 times i have had less then 8 players sign, total that is all that signed and i just dont understand what i am doing wrong. so anyone with some help to get people to come to my school would be great.