PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hunter: The Reckoning going to be good?

JimmieDoogan
02-26-2002, 11:01 PM
I was just wondering, as I've just seen a bit of new footage I found on IGN reguarding the game and it looks rather stale... The zombies just POP in (yeah...) and he kills about 5 of em, then 5 more POP in while he's dealing with the last 10. Why doesn't this sound like loads of fun? What could be wrong with me? I mean if this is all you do until you get to the end of the stage (and probably fight a boss) then it sounds just like Nightmere Creatures... which was SO crappy! Yeah it got a sequel... but so did the Mummy! Was this game made by the guys who did Nightmere Creatures because I feel a major crap attack.

Mind you this is how I feel about one simple little game. If yall think its good, post a bit about why and maybe offer me the light I have yet to see within this game.

Durden-XBA
02-27-2002, 06:09 PM
Doog, I think it's going to be styled similarly to Smash TV. I'm sure you've probably played that puppy at one point or another, in either the arcades or SNES... It's pretty much just mass carnage, And because it's also completely linear, I'm not expecting much more than a good ol' fashion 'Kill em all' styled game. Plus the 4player should really make this game special.

Diffy strokes for diffy folks, but either way... I'm totally looking forward to it.

Toder
02-28-2002, 05:52 AM
they game does seem to have the smash TV style to it. But i've watched the trailer for it. And I can say that it looks awesome. It might not be a meaningful game to play but it will be fun.

JimmieDoogan
02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
I just saw a newer trailer off of the OXM disc and that makes it look a bit like Devil May Cry (which wasn't too horrible a game) but the actual gameplay videos don't make it look as exciting. I wonder how this game will actually be. I dig that you can choose from all kinds of different characters. The chick with the akimbo pistols looks tight. I'll be renting this game before I buy it.

Rock2
02-28-2002, 03:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing because it was the next game on my list that I was gonna buy.

balckviper
02-28-2002, 08:02 PM
It looks like a house of the dead style game. Just alot of killing but those games a fun especially with friends. Think it will be alot of fun but don't look for a deep storyline in this thing fellas.