PDA

View Full Version : Do game DR.'s work

pjh13
07-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok so i have a few 360 games that are pretty scratched up, no so bad that i can use them at all, just some parts of the game i cant ever play. What i was wondering is has anyone ever used one of those game dr. things and do they work?

laughs
07-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I don't know. Did you scratch them up yourself? I protect mine with my life... I gave my neice the rock bottom last week when she accidentally looked at the case the wrong way. She's 10 now, but I can still handle her.

wulkar
07-25-2006, 12:12 AM
lol laughs.

i havent had a need fr one but they are very mezmerizing i have caught myself staring going "WTF" many times.

i just keep mine in mint condition

pjh13
07-25-2006, 12:13 AM
good thats what she deserves. And no i didnt like drop them or do anything like that to scratch them, I think it has just been over time the scratches have built up. Although when my 360 is vertical the light around the circle moves alot from vertical postion to horizontal postion, so i am thinking maybe my 360 isnt level so it is scratching the discs. The only problem with that is i got out a level and checked and the **** was level so i dont know why it is doing that or why my discs are scratched

laughs
07-25-2006, 12:33 AM
good thats what she deserves. And no i didnt like drop them or do anything like that to scratch them, I think it has just been over time the scratches have built up. Although when my 360 is vertical the light around the circle moves alot from vertical postion to horizontal postion, so i am thinking maybe my 360 isnt level so it is scratching the discs. The only problem with that is i got out a level and checked and the **** was level so i dont know why it is doing that or why my discs are scratched

Your house could be haunted. That's probably the most likely scenario here. If that's not the problem, it could be the "vertical" position you put it in. The voices in my head told me that sometimes having it vertical can scratch. I wouldn't know though, cause I'm a horizontal kinda guy.... Giggity giggity!

wulkar
07-25-2006, 12:49 AM
mine has been vertical since i got it then i put it horizontal, my discs are fine. my 360 did that when i hooked it back up after hauling it around in my backpack for a little bit i found shaking it side to side made it fix itself

mrmp3
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I used a Game Dr. a long time ago and it ruined everything I used. Basically you get it all attached, put the disc on, and crank the handle around in a circle till the whole CD is covered. It pretty much covers the whole disc in this filament which doesn't come off. Apparently though, what I did wrong (or so I was told) was your suppose to use the buffing cloth after your done and it makes the CD like new, but again that's just what I was told. I never bothered with it after so I don't know if it's true or not.

greenpyro
07-25-2006, 01:58 PM
well, i had a game doctor for quite some time. for the most part it worked great, back when all i was using it on were my old ps1 game that got scratched long ago. but then that day came, that fateful day. my copy of splinter cell: chaos theory had started freezing every time i used it. i found this strange, because before i got my 360 it worked fine. however, i believed a quick spin in the ol' game Dr would fix it up good. however, it did not, it only left it off much, much worse. to this day, my copy of splinter cell: chaos theory will not start up at all, whether i use it in my 360 or original xbox. t'was a sad day...

long story short, i have now retired my game Dr. Some risks are simply just not worth taking. I recommend you bring your discs into you're local video game retailer. they'll have the proper equipment to fix you're scratched games.

m4oH
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
The electric one worked wonders for me. I had a number of games that I couldn't even play and after putting them thru the electric game dr, they worked perfect. I'm not too sure how the manual crank one works.

Tony_Macaroni
07-25-2006, 02:46 PM
,manual crank = bad

electronic= good ..

i know from experience

NiNeBReaKeR
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
i dont know if im allowed to say this but when i opened up my PS2 and xbox i was able to ajust how far the laser stuck out so if it was scraching my discs i could just ajust the problem i could also ajust how powerfull the laser read was but if u turn that up it will probly kill ur dvd rom drive faster of course after u open it up u break the seal so u cant sell it