PDA

View Full Version : The INGENIOUS design of the XBOX Controller!

FlyBoy
02-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Now... don't go pulling your controllers all apart and what not... but a couple of my friends at college borrowed my controller one evening. Lets just say, when I got it back, the buttons weren't all that great(a combination of beer, food, and who knows what else).

I learned 2 things from this:

1. Don't let my friends borrow my controllers anymore unless I want to clean the cigarettes ashes out later!

2. A Q-Tip and a little patience can go a long way cleaning up this puppy!

I discovered the buttons inside are all slotted and will only return to their original position when re-assembling. This was more than likely designed for production purposes, but it makes it REALLY easy to put back together, there is NO WAY you will put a button in the wrong position! Not even the start and back tabs! So now my controller feels like new again and I learned a little more about my XBOX! (I know you want to take it apart now don't you?:D ... ITS FUN!):cool:

MY SCREWDRIVER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE NEAR THAT BIG, BLACK, POWERFUL, SEXY MACHINE THOUGH! She's fine just the way she is!

Storm
02-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
MY SCREWDRIVER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE NEAR THAT BIG, BLACK, POWERFUL, SEXY MACHINE THOUGH! She's fine just the way she is!

LOL! I thought it was strange when you said you kissed it everynight, but calling it sexy...

Razor70
02-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Wow cool, anyone know if there is a site that has the inner working of the Xbox controller? Someone earlier posted what the inside of the Xbox looks like and I was just wondering if anyone had seen any pics of the inside of the controller. Just a thought.

Spaztic
02-27-2002, 01:14 PM
http://www.berlinlaconia.com/xbox/
has the inners of a controller along w/ some other mods he has done.

www.xboxhacker.net also has some other links for mods and other xbox add-ons

Ninja Scroll
02-27-2002, 02:01 PM
I dont know about any of you guys, but Ninja will never,....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVER let anyone borrow any of my CDs, DVD's, for my games nor controller!!
Im very picky and would kill someone if they got dust on a CD, dirty finger prints on a controller, ect.

That stuff just fires me up!:mad:

Get this, I remember letting this dude borrow my Zombie Revenge (btw, that game sux) on Dreamcast and when he gave it right back to me I scoped it out hard with my beady little eyes!:eek: Dudes, the back of the CD was kinda blurry!
I asked why? He said because everyone cleans their CD's with Alcohol!!! I said WTF!!:eek: ... your trying to get pimped slap junior?
And that was only one of a couple crazy situations....
never again though, best believe that addicts:(

jeah
02-27-2002, 02:11 PM
I had to clean one of my controllers from a serious beer spill. The controllers are really easy to open and put back together. It definitly works better than it did.

Ninja Scroll
02-27-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jeah
I had to clean one of my controllers from a serious beer spill. The controllers are really easy to open and put back together. It definitly works better than it did.

I know I would never invite your beer spilling ass over to my crib!
I might have to cut you with my katana!:D .........

.............. and take all the money out your wallet while your crying about your cut!:D