PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooo...

HaloUK
02-27-2002, 04:19 AM
OK, everything is set. I've got my deposit down and on the 14th March the XBox will be unleashed on the UK....

And then...... oh NOOOOOOO - I just got a letter through this morning saying I have a hospital appointment on the 13th. What if they keep me in?????????????

What GREAT timing! :mad:

EthanQT
02-27-2002, 05:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear that! Wish everything going well for you!

HaloUK
02-27-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by EthanQT
I'm sorry to hear that! Wish everything going well for you!
Thanks m8, I'm gonna need an operation but I just hope they set it for at least a couple a weeks after the consultation. That'll give me some time with my new toy before I go under the knife!

Nato King
02-27-2002, 05:59 AM
I am sorry to hear this HaloUK. I hope all thing goes while for you. Because I know you were looking for this launch a long time.:)

JJaX
02-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Have someone you trust get it for you :)

fear_this
02-27-2002, 10:17 AM
Like me! :D You can always trust me! :rolleyes:

Mercury
02-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Yes, life is like that. Timing can be the pits.

Sorry to hear that. I know how I would feel. At least you can think about how cool it would be that you can play as soon as you get home from the hospital. That's something to look forward to.

l Maximus l
02-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Are you kidding, HaloUK!?! What a great opportunity! :D With you being gone at the hosptial (I hope all goes great, by the way), you could have a family member bring over your XBox while you are recovering...and what a great way to recover while destroying the Covenant and the Flood in a capaign session on Halo :D

fear_this
02-27-2002, 10:26 AM
That would be awesome! I wanna have an opperation! stay out of school for a few days up in the hospital. Stay in there and play X-box all day! :D

FlyBoy
02-27-2002, 10:26 AM
You know those 9.5 foot cables would probably be a perfect reach from the hospital TV to your bed! Just a suggestion... best of luck to ya' man!

Originally posted by fear_this
That would be awesome! I wanna have an opperation! stay out of school for a few days up in the hospital. Stay in there and play X-box all day! :D

Speaking of which Fear... how are you always online during the weekdays? Shouldn't you be @ school?

Phiresun
02-27-2002, 10:31 AM
Yea HalUK hope it works out,it has gotta suck to wait that long and not play on the 14th. I think playing while in bed being catered too is not so bad though Halo helps the time fly by (No pun flyboy). Stay well UK.

Nato King
02-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Are you kidding, HaloUK!?! What a great opportunity! :D With you being gone at the hosptial (I hope all goes great, by the way), you could have a family member bring over your XBox while you are recovering...and what a great way to recover while destroying the Covenant and the Flood in a capaign session on Halo :D

Just like Maximus said the only Medicine that can make you get better faster is the xbox.

EthanQT
02-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Yeah Fear...I looked at your profile and your age indicates that you should be in a school at this time. Dont let me tell your mother young man. :( Seriously, go back to class!

Razor70
02-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Man I feel for ya on the operation! I hope everything goes well. I had my tonsils taken out last monday and I am off work for 4 weeks due to that. Man I tell ya..it's killing me to stay home from work and put in all this XBox time. LOL. Oh well when you come out of the operation you always have your XBox to help you recover some. Well good luck again!

By the way I am 31 and just had my tonsils taken out. Man did it hurt! But at least my hands aren't hurting..well except for the calus on my left thumb from playing too much Halo....

EthanQT
02-27-2002, 12:41 PM
What'd happened to your tonsils that needed to be taken out this late?

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 04:56 AM
Thanks for all the support guys! I don't think they'll let me take the XBox into hospital so I'll have to discharge myself at the first opportunity and recover in bed at home while blasting the flood and being waited on hand and foot (hang on, this is sounding better all the time!).

Maybe it ain't so bad after all, but it's just taken the edge off looking forward to the 14th...

FuNkY mOnK
02-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Do your self a favor, if the doctor looks like a gamer, don’t talk about xbox he might own a ps2 or something. Recover quick, with lots of ice cream. :)

Afro Aura
02-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by HaloUK
OK, everything is set. I've got my deposit down and on the 14th March the XBox will be unleashed on the UK....

And then...... oh NOOOOOOO - I just got a letter through this morning saying I have a hospital appointment on the 13th. What if they keep me in?????????????

What GREAT timing! :mad:
Sorry to hear about the operation, I hope it goes well and if you feel lonely then tell me where you are and I'll bring my XBOX up set it up and lets PLAY, this will give you the reason to get out of hospital quicker as you know when your back at home those nasty Covenant, (they probably gave you this illness, the swines) will get they butts kicked lol
Take care dude